What music do you listen to whilst working out?

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    For road runs.... Alabama 3, Crystal Method, Propellerheads

For trail runs... Xavier Rudd, John Butler Trio, Lumineers
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Been getting into early satanic heavy metal lately (Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, Emperor - Nightside Eclipse, Burzum - Filosofem, and Darkthrone - Northern Sky), and occasionally some polka-santaic-metal (Fintroll-S/T) when I need something more uplifting.

Well, that and a lot of Conway Twitty (We only make believe).

It's amazing what 4 years of college radio does to your musical tastes.
  • FitCattitude
    FitCattitude Posts: 64 Member
    I mostly listen to deep house and a lot trap the dirtier the better. I love to do my intervals on the drops! That being said, I can deal with almost anything as long as it has a quick enough beat to keep me going hard. For the past few weeks I've been getting down on this new Spotify playlist: http://open.spotify.com/user/omarpena5/playlist/0uMsU3MeBJWi7x17ODPdGx

Thanks! :smile:
  • Vincisomethng
    Vincisomethng Posts: 149 Member
    • Water Prayer (Matt The Alien Remix) by Adham Saikh.
    • Fight Club by Lorne Balfe from the Assassin's Creed 3 soundtrack (this makes me want to go faster and push myself).
    • Nuclear (Hands Up)- Original Mix by Zomboy.
    • Rasputin by Boney M.
    • Bambous by Caravan Palace
    • Warriors and Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
    • Run Boy Run and Iron by Woodkid
    • Brennisteinn by Sigur Rós

Also, various songs by Black Keys and Florence and the Machine.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Mainstream upbeat, low key jazz when cooling down, and alots of french house and remix music for the more intense sections.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Trance.
  • cmasongreen
    cmasongreen Posts: 82 Member
    I just throw on Pandora and turn it to my Avenged Sevenfold station. Pumps me up nicely.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    I just throw on Pandora and turn it to my Avenged Sevenfold station. Pumps me up nicely.

I can only listen to M. Shadows sing one song before my ears start to bleed :s

I listen to Trivium, Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, Shadows Fall, etc.

• cmasongreen
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

To each his/her own, I suppose. I really like his voice, but I am a musician and their music is phenominal, so that is my main purpose in listening.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    I just play one song...on loop. Everyone has that one song...I only focus on what I am doing and move to the next set. The whole workout is a blur, and then it is over.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member

To each his/her own, I suppose. I really like his voice, but I am a musician and their music is phenominal, so that is my main purpose in listening.

I saw your profile. I'd think you'd appreciate Matt Heafy's brilliance on the guitar.
  • Old_Man_McGucket
    Old_Man_McGucket Posts: 310 Member
    When lifting I listen to podcasts.

For Indoor Cardio, I stream TV to my phone.

My current running playlist is here:

• LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Grindcore, deathmetal are pretty much the music I listen to
  • cmasongreen

I saw your profile. I'd think you'd appreciate Matt Heafy's brilliance on the guitar.

I do like Trivium, along with every other band that you mentioned. Especially Killswitch. They are a little too chaotic at times though. I love being able to hear every pick of a solo (which is why although I apprecate syn's technicality and melodies in his later albums, I love the high gain picking in Waking the Fallen. Easier to hear all of the notes).

But like I said, everyone has a personal preference.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Metal & Hip Hop too. I'd share the Spotify account, but I'm too dumb to figure it out.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Metal & Hip Hop too. I'd share the Spotify account, but I'm too dumb to figure it out.

brrruuuuhhh right click on your playist (if using desktop version and select share). if you are on mobile, scroll to your playlist and hit the 3 dots next to it and select share
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Dance, tribal fusion
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited December 2014
    Everything from the Ronettes to Girl Talk to Clarence Gatemouth Brown to Wu-Tang.

I really want to find a good symphony to dead lift to. Maybe Beethoven 9. Or some Mahler symphony.