December Challenge....

Options

Replies

• loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Completed the push up challenge for November.....Squats here I come!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I tried the November challenge, but I have a shoulder issue that flared on me. I still do push-ups but on a much smaller scale until I can get my shoulder strengthened and straightened out. However, I am so up for the squats!!!! I am pumped for this challenge. Yea!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Alright!!! My first MFP challenge!! I am so stoked!! I was doing squats at work yesterday so this fits right in. I went into the bathroom and did them cause I didn't want all my co-workers wondering what the heck I was up to:) This will be fun and I cant help but imagine the type of sculpting this will do for my butt and thighs:)
    Thanks for the challenge!!!
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I first said that I would do this:
    I will try this:

week #1 - Odd Days: 10 squats 2 times per day/40 per day; Even Days: 20 push ups per day
    week#2 - Odd Days: 13 squats 2 times per day/52 per day; Even Days: 20push ups per day
    week#3 - Odd Days: 15 squats 3 times per day/60 per day; Even days: 30 push ups per day
    week #4 - Odd Days: 20 squats 3 times per day/80 per day; Even Days:40push ups per day

But am revising it based on the fact that I did it this morning and was able to do more than I thought. I want to push myself!

I will try this:

Week 1 - Odd Days: 30 squats 2 times per day/60per day; Even Days: 40 push ups per day
    Week 2 - Odd Days: 30 squats 2 times per day/60per day; Even Days: 40 push ups per day
    Week 3 - Odd Days: 40 squats 2 times per day/80per day; Even Days: 50 push ups per day
    Week 4 - Odd Days: 40 squats 2 times per day/80per day; Even Days: 50 push ups per day

I will also add-these are wall pushups-until I can be a big girl and do real pushups! :ohwell:
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm also in! I wish I had participated in the November push-ups! I will be modifying the amount from Jane's program, since I haven't been doing push-ups and such. I'll get back to you what my plan is later on today after I work it out!
  • rwhite1510
    rwhite1510 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm in. Already did my squats for the day. :)
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    im in! very good idea. already plugged them into my phone calendar. yay!
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :)

Here's what I'll be doing since I'm not any good at pushups. I just don't have the upper body strength to do them and even in my best shape I didn't. hehe

week #1 - Odd Days: 10 squats 2 times per day/20 per day; Even Days: 10 Wall push ups per day
    week#2 - Odd Days: 15 squats 2 times per day/30 per day; Even Days: 15 Wallpush ups per day
    week#3 - Odd Days: 20 squats 2 times per day/40 per day; Even days: 20 Wall push ups per day
    week #4 - Odd Days: 30 squats 2 times per day/60 per day; Even Days:30 Wall push ups per day

So looking forward to seeing what this will do to me:)
  • Deebo958
    Options
    I am so in! My arms feel so much stronger since completely the November challenge. Now we can work on the lower half of the body too! Thanks for motivating me!!! :heart:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Complete: 4 sets of 10 Squats (40 squats); Want to challenge myself so, Im increasing the amount of my squats starting tomorrow.

Here is my game plan:

Week 1 (Dec 1-12~well Im adding the days from this week to the 1st complete week in December)
    MWFSu: 45 squats (3 sets of 15) ~ T,Th,Sat: 60 Push Ups

Week 2 (Dec 13-19): MWFSu: 60 squats (3 sets of 20) ~ T,Th,Sat: 70 Push Ups

Week 3 (Dec 20-26): MWFSu: 75 squats (3 sets of 25) ~ T,Th,Sat: 80 Push Ups

Week 4 (Dec 27-Dec 31): MWFSu: 90 squats (3 sets of 30) ~ T,Th,Sat: 90 Push Ups
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Just about forgot that I committed myself to this, so I had to do the 40 squats all at one time. Thanks Turbo for the website link to the slide, I had that up while I was doing them.
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Finished 100 squats today. Definitely count me in!! I finished the November challenge, and during that challenge I did modified pushups and squats. I did my pushups and squats on the same day, and typically did 2 sets of 25 of each. I think I want to change it up this month. I will try it out this first week and then may make some modifications. My plan is as follows:
    Week 1: Odd days 100 squats, even days 100 modified pushups
    Week 2: Odd days 100 squats with 1.5 lb wrist weights, even days 15 regular pushups and 85 modified
    Week 3: Odd days 100 squats with 5 lb dumbbells, even days 25 regular pushups and 75 modified
    Week 4: Odd days 100 squats with 10 lb dumbbells, even days 40 regular pushups and 60 modified
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm in I think I can do this. I'll start very slow nd I don't know how many I'll get in. I have a newborn that takes up a lot of time but I think I can do at least 20 push ups and 20 squats in a day. My push ups will be against a wall. I can't do the others yet.
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Day 2 - 100 modified push ups completed.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Got my squats in and man did that hurt!! hehe
    Day 2 Got in my pushups today against the wall and now my arms are sore!

I can't wait for this to not hurt as much. I have to push myself to get them done but I'm doing it so I know it will get easier.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Just knocked out 25 squats at my desk. Boy did they hurt. I got 27 more to go.
  • mfkfoster
    Options
    Anyone know how many calories you lose doing 2 sets of 10 squats and 2 sets of 10 wall push ups?
  • mfkfoster
    Options
    I did 3 set of 10 wall push ups and 3 sets of 10 squats last night.
  • turbojanem
    Options
    OK, I'm in I think I can do this. I'll start very slow nd I don't know how many I'll get in. I have a newborn that takes up a lot of time but I think I can do at least 20 push ups and 20 squats in a day. My push ups will be against a wall. I can't do the others yet.

i have found that if i do 10 or 20 at a time, i can do them while i am fixing a meal/after going potty/before i walk out the door to go somewhere. fewer amounts consistently does work.
    after you get your balance with the squats, you could do them while soothing your new baby.

you and your family will live a healthier lifestyle from today on.
    cheering you on!
    Jane