December Challenge....

Options

Replies

• turbojanem
    Options
    Anyone know how many calories you lose doing 2 sets of 10 squats and 2 sets of 10 wall push ups?

i don't...i personally don't add them to my routine/exercise calories. i count them as bonus. ...and, the scales moved in November for me. not easy to get to do since i am so close to my goal weight and i'm in my goal pant size.
  • turbojanem
    Options
    Day 1 Got my squats in and man did that hurt!! hehe
    Day 2 Got in my pushups today against the wall and now my arms are sore!

I can't wait for this to not hurt as much. I have to push myself to get them done but I'm doing it so I know it will get easier.

keep plugging away at the challenge! your body WILL respond to the new movement. you will be stronger, leaner and your metabolism will increase... making weight loss easier and more consistent.
    cheering you ALL on!
    Jane
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done, but I think I may be doing it wrong...

I have done 10 squats, 10 girl push ups, then repeat 3 more times. Total of 40 squats and 40 push ups per day.
    Now that I look again it should be one exercise every other day?

Oops... should I change what I'm doing now or keep going?
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options

I have done 10 squats, 10 girl push ups, then repeat 3 more times. Total of 40 squats and 40 push ups per day.

It seems like you've been doing a good job so far. So, I would suggest that you try doing one exercise every other day. Then decide which way works best for you. Good Luck!
  • rwhite1510
    rwhite1510 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Did 60 girly pushups last night, boy were those tough. Did the squats this morning and I think I am going to increase this to 50 or 60 since the 40 squats are not much of a challenge like the pushups are. So far I think this challenge is awesome! I look forward to seeing my results after the month.
  • turbojanem
    Options
    wanted to encourage you to take monthly photos. take them today, or this weekend. i would LOVE to see the progress we are all making! month to month you may not see much of a change...but when you start looking at 2, 3 or 6 months...wow! consistent effort DOES pay off!
    cheering you ALL on!
    Jane
  • turbojanem
    Options

It seems like you've been doing a good job so far. So, I would suggest that you try doing one exercise every other day. Then decide which way works best for you. Good Luck!

...in November we did do push ups daily. most of us found that we could do more (challenging our bodies to their fullest) if we alternated days. it IS a good idea rest the muscles and only work them every other day.

SO...if you are doing 40 per day daily, i would up it to 60 or 80 every other day to get the most of your workouts and to challenge your muscles more.

cheering ALL of you on!
    Jane
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just checking in for the day to let you all know that I have gotten day 3 done and will not be on much this weekend so I'll let you know how I did on Monday:)

Have a good weekend everyone!!
  • hessond
    hessond Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Day 3 complete, did 100 squats today!
  • ebone042807
    Options
    What a great time to start! I'm in I will start as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning. Thanx!
  • Streetdocsangel
    Options
    Hi my name is Misty and I am just getting started on this and that sounds like a great Idea and I am going to try it. Thank you for posting that. :)
  • loveme445
    Options
    Missed yesterday, so Today I completed 60 modified push ups (3 sets of 20) and 45 squats (3 sets of 15)
  • loveme445
    Options
    Day 4/4 Complete- 60 Modified Push Ups (6 sets of 10)
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Did my 30 squats and 30 wall push ups yesterday. I need to do 10 more of each today but I'm sure I can do it. My arms and legs really are sore. I didn't think my arms would be because I didn't think wall push ups did anything. I guess that proves me wrong.
  • hessond
    Options
    Day 4 complete (4 sets of 25 modified pushups).
  • loveme445
    Options
    Day 5 complete....45 squats (3 sets of 15)
  • hessond
    Options
    Day 5 complete (4 sets of 25 squats)! Way to go loveme and Marianne!! Keep up the good work!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am really proud of myself that I have been doing this everyday! Haven't skip a day yet! I did try doing just squats yesterday and it did seem like I could do more, so I just did push ups this morning, got to 40 doing girl push ups and then did 40 more on the wall. Next I will try doing the girl push ups again to finish one more set of 40.

Yay! I feel stronger already!
  • loveme445
    Options
    So, I was almost finished doing my push ups for today and then I realized it was Monday, squat day. :noway: The days are running into each other.

Completed 60 modified push ups (3 sets of 20) and 45 squats (3 sets of 15)
  • turbojanem
    Options
    So, I was almost finished doing my push ups for today and then I realized it was Monday, squat day. :noway: The days are running into each other.

Completed 60 modified push ups (3 sets of 20) and 45 squats (3 sets of 15)

i had to print out a calender to keep myself straight.

cheering EVERYONE on!
    Jane