WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER

Options
:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Welcome to the thread that changed my life. The title is “Women Ages 50+” but all women are welcome. We provide support and encouragement to each other by checking in regularly, sharing our successful and not so successful experiences, and building a community.

:flowerforyou: How did you do in reaching your goals for November? What new (or old) goals have you set for December? I look forward to hearing from all of you.

:flowerforyou: Some of us list our goals as part of our signatures so we can see them every day and so others can read them. Some make goals for the whole month, others day by day or week by week. Some make goals of pounds to lose and others make goals of changed behaviors. Whatever your goals, we are here to cheer each on along this weight loss journey.

:flowerforyou: December is the month filled with holidays for all faiths and lifestyles so most of us will be faced with holiday food and drink….the challenges will be huge. Even if you don’t go to parties or to a jobsite filled with holiday treats, the ads in the media and the signs along the road scream “Temptation”….none of us can deal with all of this alone.

smiley-happy023.gif

Replies

• LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. That is awesome.
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Hey Barbiecat,
    and Friends,
    It's another month....a wonderful month. Thank you Barbie for keeping this going. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I'm not eating a honey bun tonight. :blushing: In case anyone is wondering, I had a brain blip and ate a small Little Debbie Honey bun in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT>>:blushing:
    They say confession is good for the soul...so my soul should be good.
    I am happy to be amongst friends for the month and wish all of you a Good and Happy December!
    In my faith, it's Merry Christmas!

My goal is just hold where I am and hopefully get back to the physical therapy gym. I am considering starting back tomorrow.
    We'll see.
    I am going to have to get off here. I need to relax the muscles again and get some rest.

Have a wonderful day all of you! When I try to list, these days, I leave someone out every time. So that wish and all good wishes is for ALL of you.
    Welcome, newbies!
  • joylaut
    Options
    Wow, your last quote definitely hits home. How do I join this 50+ group? I just signed onto mfp 4 days ago, so I am new to how the message boards and blogs work. In fact, I'm not sure I'll ever find this again.
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi Joylaut! I dropped in here to grab hold of the new thread and saw your post.

I'm still up here on the east coast, so I get to say welcome first. :bigsmile:

It will be easy to find us. Seeing as you have posted to the thread, you will see this thread on the Message board under the "My Topics" header.

Great time to join up and keep the December temptations at bay!

Heading for bed here.

Faye :yawn:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello, just a quick post to put the new month in my topics.

Alice, It appears from your post that it is YOUR son who was featured in the camel riding story? Or am I reading something that wasn't there? If that is the case, it truly is a small world, isn't it.

Barb
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Also in for a quick minute to put new thread into my topics.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Good Morning everyone Happy 1st December!

It will be Christmas before we can blink :noway: :noway:

Just a quickie. Jeannie I think I missed your post and wondered why everyone was saying your son was brave, so I skipped back a few pages and found out that he had saved a kitten from some (young?) thugs. He certainly was brave, it isn't easy to stand up to bullies, but he did you and himself proud :heart: :heart:

Robin I think I missed yours too - you look fab in your photo, so slim. You've worked hard and achieved your goal wtg. :flowerforyou:

I think someone posted that the mind has to get there first and the body will follow (or something like that) I think my mind needs a wake up call as I'm not there yet. I'm getting there slowly - very slowly.

As for November goals I haven't logged food/exercise - I've tried to drink plenty of water / I've only missed 1 session of the running club due to a family emergency so a bit up and down with my goals.

Need to think of goals for December, I've a lot of meals out planned this month so will need to have plenty of willpower.

Love to all :heart:

PS just wanted to say a big thank you to Barbiecat and Barb for always making sure the new thread is available every month. :heart:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    X marks my spot. Back soon x
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Ahhh...A new month and a new page! Let's fill it with good choices! Happy December, All!

Kackie:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • edmontonukeplayer
    edmontonukeplayer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Happy to find this thread for December.

I started tracking food in with MFP over a month ago after I found the app on my iphone. Since the spring I have been off work (and under medical care) due to recurrent episodes of severe right upper quadrant pain with elevation of my liver enzymes and the accompanying feeling crappy that comes with the elevated enzymes. So, finding the MFP tool has been very good for me as I have found tracking my food very informative in seeing if there is any correlation between what I eat and having "attacks". Tracking what I eat has given me some sense of "working on getting my health back"??? Though I have found no trends from the food or drink in (low fat, gluten free, and drink only very occasional glass of wine), I have seen my weight change is very slow and seems to be linked to these "attacks".

So my "hope" for December is to: continue to 'work on' my health and be down 5 pounds by the end of the month. My goals for December are most correctly what I have control over: to track all food, look for trends and remain under the caloric guide for at least 25 days (thinking about Christmas and some socializing), drinking and track 8 glasses of water/day and trying for easy exercise 5X week.

Karlene
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good MOrning and Happy December,
    I am going to go and change my goals now. Just wanted to mark my spot. I have not weighed since dad's surgery so dont know if I lost or not. I have been doing great on food and sometimes great on exercise and other times not. I feel good but really need to get moving to lose again. I have about 50 more that I want to lose and then work on maintaining. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you ladies for being here. This site has been a very important part of my journey. Without the blogging and recording I do not do as well. Have a great day. Will try to post later.
    Vicki M
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Happy December ladies.

I am happy to say that I made all my November goals. Here's to us all doing well this month.

Today I bought a gorgeous shearling jacket in a UK size 10 (US size 6). I am delighted! Nine months ago I was wearing a UK size 26 - big change! Thanks to Robin's photo, I've also ordered a pair of over the knee boots to go with it (they didn't have them in my size - even my feet are two sizes smaller these days).

Let's all do our very best this month - the celebrations don't have to be all about the food and drink, but let's promise not to beat ourselves up if we step over the calorie boundary.

Good luck and love to you all.

Amanda x
  • debieanne
    Options
    :flowerforyou: good morning and happy first of the mth. we are having a rainey day here in mass. did any feel the earthquake off our coast yeserday. i was up and down on a ladder so i was doing a lot of movng around and don't believe i felt anything. ok need to do some morning housework hope everyone has a nice morning debi(momof10)
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Good morning All!

Barb, No that was not my son in the story of the young man on the west coast. That is my son and his ride camels in the photos, just thought I'd share. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Snowing and much colder in the midwest this a.m. Deer hunting with rifles ended this Sunday so we can now walk the countryside freely again. Yay! Brisk walks in new snow. What could be better?

:heart: Alice
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Happy December 1st Ladies
    Marking my spot for later.

Peggy
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy December ladies.

good for all you meeting your november goals. I think that I am just going to continue to trying to maintain this month. trying to lose right now seems just too hard with the added holiday stress on top of unemployment ending and all of that stuff.

My father gave me some money to order my daughters flowers so I have ordered them. I buy from the internet and then I will be at her place Wednesday before the wedding so I can start putting them together. We are doing two bouquets 6 boutineers, 5 corsages and 7 table arrangements and cake flowers. It will be fun. (the wedding is the end of January)

Amanda - so glad you ordered the boots. I absolutely love mine.

I hope ou all have a great day!
  • priskar
    priskar Posts: 156
    Options
    Happy December1, Ladies!

Wanted to make sure I'd gotten this lined up in my topics and to post this months' goals. I've posted in the 100 or more to lose group but also wanted to reiterate here so that I am constantly reminded, my goals this month are threefold: 1) workout with my trainer twice a week and walk at the lake or on my treadmill at least 30 minutes each day 2) make sure I take ALL my vitamins daily 3) make sure I'm up no later than 8 or 9 a.m. during the week so that I can get in everything that needs doing.and I can get in all the food (protein) that I need to. I'm a WLS patient and fight to get in enough protein every day. I WILL meet my goals this month!

Wishing you each a smooth and cheery holiday season with as few temptations as possible!

Priska
  • debieanne
    Options
    :drinker: having a water break and just finish logging my lunch. been having a good morning. cleaning and decorating working on a shawl for a raffle gift.after two years our wii has broke i honestly miss it haven't had it for two mths now ugh debi(momof10)
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Just checking in for the December thread.

Peggy, loved your comment after Thanksgiving re all your relatives being struck speechless. Maybe they were afraid whatever they said would come out sounding like "hey, didn't you used to be fat?" :bigsmile:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Marking the thread! Thanks Barbie & Barb!
    BirdieM:happy: