Discouraged in the Lulu store...

Options
My mall recently just opened up a Lululemon store.. my sister let me borrow her pair pants and they're only size 8 and they fit me I was so surprised and happy so much so I decided to go get myself a pair.. I was online looking at different styles and colors I was so excited to go get myself splurge pair of lulu pants. I got the mall and walk in and soon as I did the lady working at the counter walked over to me and asked me if I was looking to shop for somebody and I replied with yes myself.. Did she continued with we don't have many of the bigger sizes in stock I was shocked and said excuse me? She walked over to manager and told her I was being rude and I was asked to leave the store... I've never been so insulted in my entire life or embarrassed for that matter... Just wondering if anyone else has ever had the same problem, or a similar story?

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Call corporate offices and make a complaint.

And never go there again.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    it's a crappy company with over priced clothes anyway -not sure why you want to wear it. .. but I agree with Mysterious- call corporate and complain. Although honestly they aren't going to care that much, best thing is just make sure you don't support them financially.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much their thing. Which is why they will never get my money no matter what size I am.
  • AutumnElf80
    AutumnElf80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    WTF? When did a size 8 become a larger size??
  • AltGirlTX
    Options
    They are notorious for snubbing "bigger" girls, meaning anyone over a size 6. Like others said, I won''t patronize Lulumon myself even now that I could, having once been too big to fit into the sizes they offer and hearing about how they think anyone over a 10 is "plus size". Don't let the behavior of one sales clerk in a store discourage you - just remember - you put on a size 8 pant and it fit! I personally buy my workout clothes from Athleta. They aren't super cheap, but they've lasted and are high quality.
  • Allisonfitness99
    Allisonfitness99 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    She dident give me a chance to ask for any size.. She just looked at me ..
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    WTF? When did a size 8 become a larger size??

since forever- go to Express, NY and Company- ALL of their pants are smallest on top- so 0's down to 10's- they don't carry anything over an 8/10 out on the racks- and then 12's are in the back or in the drawers- larger sizes must be ordered on line.
    makes me bat *kitten* crazy.
  • akgreen324
    akgreen324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The CEO came out with a statement awhile back saying the clothes are made to fit "in shape" women or something like that. So yeah, they are known for being a holes! Don't get me wrong, good quality stuff...but freakin 80 bucks for a pair of pants! Go to target and you can buy like 4 pairs for that price :)
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I had something similar happen to me at a Victoria Secret store. I picked out a pair pink lounge pants, the kind made of cotton with a drawstring. All they had were small and medium, so I held up a medium and looked them over trying to decide if I could wear them. The floor girl came over and said "you know those will shrink, right?" I was so mad that I bought them anyway and now they are too big for me!
  • Allisonfitness99
    Options
    I had something similar happen to me at a Victoria Secret store. I picked out a pair pink lounge pants, the kind made of cotton with a drawstring. All they had were small and medium, so I held up a medium and looked them over trying to decide if I could wear them. The floor girl came over and said "you know those will shrink, right?" I was so mad that I bought them anyway and now they are too big for me!

Amazing!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I recently tried Lulu for the first time. I went in just looking for a better sports bra, but I decided to take a look at their pants. I received a much different and better treatment than you did. (I wear a 12 in their pants, so it wasn't because I am a tiny lady.) I think you were just dealing with a very rude person.

I agree that you should definitely call/email corporate to let them know how you were treated and that you won't be patronizing their store/brand. It may make them reprimand that store or it may get ignored, but it doesn't hurt to let them know.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest. That story sounds like it's missing....a lot...of details.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I'd call too maybe they will send you a gift card. Free is free
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest. That story sounds like it's missing....a lot...of details.

I don't know what you're talking about. I get thrown out of stores for saying excuse me all the time.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

I don't know what you're talking about. I get thrown out of stores for saying excuse me all the time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Allisonfitness99
    Options
    I did wright a long email..

And I clearly dident say excuse me an nice manner lol
    But the manager walked over to me and my mother and said there's not need to be rude to my employees I'm going to have to ask you to leave and I said for what and she said for what I just said then my mom said but she dident say anything and the manager said this will be the last time I'm asking you to leave...
    I didn't want to put I said she said a bunch of times and just put the gist of the story
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Call corporate, post on their web pages, google reviews, yelp, etc., then do not give them your money.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    It's not you, it's them--and at corporate they don't care about your experience either.

Lululemon doesn't want to make clothes to make women look good. It wants customers that make its clothes look good.

Boycott them.

http://business.time.com/2013/12/10/here-are-lululemons-ex-chairmans-most-offensive-statements/

add: I usually buy gap products--low end store is Old Navy but has some really nice stuff and sized up into the 20's. Athleta is the high end store, mostly up to XL but with larger sizes in selected styles. I also like Athleta because I find the catalog models to be inspiring fitness role-models, so there's some value in signing up for the catalog even if you can't afford (or yet fit) the clothes.
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    IMO, rude is rude. There really is no way around that (in either direction, I might go so far as to say).
    But, as a corporation, you've got to respect their right to cater to whatever clientele they think will net them the most profit. Feel free to patronize other stores - Lulu will be Lulu, as will Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, and countless other brand chains.

Not to be antagonistic, but the problem exists in the other direction, too. There was I time I couldn't find clothes that were small enough to fit me, and I'd rather not be walking around in juniors clothing at my age. :)

Point being, there are too many options out there to let a bad experience ruffle your feathers!
  • Allisonfitness99
    Options
    IMO, rude is rude. There really is no way around that (in either direction, I might go so far as to say).
    But, as a corporation, you've got to respect their right to cater to whatever clientele they think will net them the most profit. Feel free to patronize other stores - Lulu will be Lulu, as will Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, and countless other brand chains.

Not to be antagonistic, but the problem exists in the other direction, too. There was I time I couldn't find clothes that were small enough to fit me, and I'd rather not be walking around in juniors clothing at my age. :)

Point being, there are too many options out there to let a bad experience ruffle your feathers!

I agree!! I was not just bashing lulu I'm saying the store I went to I had a bad experience ..