Discouraged in the Lulu store...

Options

Replies

• vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    This is too bad. I'm sorry you were treated so badly! I would write to corporate (I think you said you had already?)
    I'm normally a 10 and I'm a 6 at Lululemon, and my mom is normally an 18 and I think she's a 14? When she went there they were great to her, but maybe that's just the store. How rotten is that! I wouldn't go back either.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    WTF? When did a size 8 become a larger size??

since forever- go to Express, NY and Company- ALL of their pants are smallest on top- so 0's down to 10's- they don't carry anything over an 8/10 out on the racks- and then 12's are in the back or in the drawers- larger sizes must be ordered on line.
    makes me bat *kitten* crazy.

See I've not had a problem with NY&C. I don't shop their often, but I snagged a ridiculously cute skirt in a 14 from the one at our mall. I've never shopped for pants there though.

I <3 NY&C pants because they're the only ones who seem to sell 0-4 in TALL in stores whereas other brands start at a 6 or 8.
    I agree too but I fear their corporate office won't care because you are "not their kind of people", by which I mean, not someone with a thigh-gap.

EXCUSE YOU?!
    Are you freaking kidding me?!
    Body shame much.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a thigh gap. Lots of women naturally have them - whether they fit into Lulu's clothes or not.
    At a size 2 and NO thigh gap, I can also fit into Lulu clothes (but I haven't tried because I'm cheap and I like my Old Navy gear).

I don't think that she was saying that there is anything wrong with a thigh gap, but made the comment based on the controversial statement from one of their founders. Back in November Chip Wilson said that their pants were not made for all women's bodies, specifically those who's thighs rub together.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lululemon-founder-chip-wilson-blames-womens-bodies-yoga/story?id=20815278
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options

For serious. I would never pay $80 for a pair of yoga pants. My intent is to sweat, a lot, and destroy these things with constant exercising...I go to Ross, Burlington, TJ Maxx, Marshals.....etc.

We don't have any of thoes stores lol and I'm not a huge fan of shopping online.

Actually you do. TJX Holdings is the parent company of TJMaxx, Homegoods, Marshalls, Winners, and the Canadian version of Homegoods.

Winners is just like TJMaxx and Marshalls.

Not sure where in Canada you are, but I have Marshalls near me. Winners is pretty much the same store.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Try Zella - the brand poached one of Lululemon's top designers and it's available at Nordstrom. Slightly cheaper than Lulu and caters to a broader market.
    We don't have Nordstrom in Canada lol

We will! I don't know where you live but I'm in Toronto and theyre opening their first store!

So checking this brand out.
  • Allisonfitness99
    Allisonfitness99 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

For serious. I would never pay $80 for a pair of yoga pants. My intent is to sweat, a lot, and destroy these things with constant exercising...I go to Ross, Burlington, TJ Maxx, Marshals.....etc.

We don't have any of thoes stores lol and I'm not a huge fan of shopping online.

Actually you do. TJX Holdings is the parent company of TJMaxx, Homegoods, Marshalls, Winners, and the Canadian version of Homegoods.

Winners is just like TJMaxx and Marshalls.

Lol where I live we have Walmart and sport check now lulu to but workout clothing
    No winners or home goods or anything like that.. Small town. But I dident know winners apart of TJX holdings.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Do you have a Rietmans near you? Their workout clothes are pretty good. So is Victorias Secret, and if you're a 12+, Addition Elle has some pretty good stuff.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Try Zella - the brand poached one of Lululemon's top designers and it's available at Nordstrom. Slightly cheaper than Lulu and caters to a broader market.

We're getting six stores in Canada....first one opens in Calgary in September. :bigsmile:

OP: where are you located? There are many Marshall's around..........
  • Allisonfitness99
    Options

We will! I don't know where you live but I'm in Toronto and theyre opening their first store!

So checking this brand out.
    Really!? I doubt we will get one here In mcmurray we don't even have a target or old navy haha
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be honest. That story sounds like it's missing....a lot...of details.

for realz...
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Go to Under Armor. Much better quality workout clothes and cute colors!! The outlets always have stuff on sale :)

OHHHH!!!! I Loooooooove UA!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! And adidas.... I would even say that the UA pants and bras are BETTER that Lulu.

Also, Lulu became publicly traded last year or so and since then, seems to have taken a slight turn for the worse...
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Lulu is overpriced crap.

Shop Joe (Superstore). Honestly, their workout stuff is amazeballs and it LASTS!

Plus when it goes on clearance I can get running pants for $18 and tops for $8! :flowerforyou:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Go to Under Armor. Much better quality workout clothes and cute colors!! The outlets always have stuff on sale :)

OHHHH!!!! I Loooooooove UA!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! And adidas.... I would even say that the UA pants and bras are BETTER that Lulu.

Also, Lulu became publicly traded last year or so and since then, seems to have taken a slight turn for the worse...
    Under Armour and Nike are my splurge treats!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE their stuff!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I like The Pyramid Collection, but that's just me.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Lulu is overpriced crap.

Shop Joe (Superstore). Honestly, their workout stuff is amazeballs and it LASTS!

Plus when it goes on clearance I can get running pants for $18 and tops for $8! :flowerforyou:

I have a lot of Joe Fresh pants too! The only issue is the yoga ones slide down a little...and I have a BIG BUTT so this should not be happening!! LOL :sad:
  • Allisonfitness99
    Options
    Lulu is overpriced crap.

I have a lot of Joe Fresh pants too! The only issue is the yoga ones slide down a little...and I have a BIG BUTT so this should not be happening!! LOL :sad:

I dident ever think to check the superstore! Never would have thought they carried yoga pants !!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    UA is better anyway.
    It allows for my ample derriere.

They did you a favor. Now you have a fun story to tell.
    Like the time I was shoo-ed out of a mall store and told I was "too tall" to shop there. Geez, I'm only 5'10.
    Now all my friends call me the Gentle Giant.

:laugh:

Live, learn and be thankful to be on the right side of the grass today. :flowerforyou:
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    SHE told her manager YOU were being rude?! Lol omg. Evidently their employees aren't taught how to appropriately conduct themselves with customers... That's crazy.
  • wodeblue
    wodeblue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is AB-surd!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I went to Lulu's shortly after having my first kid and was trying to get back in shape... I def got attitude from the sales girl and I'm sure it's because I was bigger. i won't support them at all... unless someone gets me a giftcard...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I went to the mall office the last time I felt someone was "rude" to me at the mall. It was a cleaning lady who chased me into the disability bathroom at the front of the other restrooms and scolded me for going to use it.

She spoke to me in spanish since I look like I speak spanish and told me it was a disability stall. I simply said "I know" (in spanish), and had to hurry to go pee. She looked around like she might get some support but there was no one around.

When I came out she was no longer there so I went to the mall office and told them they might want to retrain their cleaning people to simply clean and not police the usage of the disability stalls b/c one cannot know from simply looking at someone whether she is disabled or not. Then I showed them my disability hanger from my car. (Which I had not hung in my car that day b/c I had found closer parking to the store I was going to than the nearest available disability spot.)

I think in your case I don't see why you could not go to the mall office as well. I see no reason a letter, email, to the manager and to corporate and cc all that crap to let them know it was obvious to you she was the one being rude. Don't make too much of a fuss about who was right or wrong or skinny or fat, just focus on the rudeness b/c I've noticed that's the only thing people care about really.

Plainly tell them that employee rudely implied you would not be able to buy anything in their store even though you know for a fact that you could, because you checked your wallet prior and you had money in it. Let them get their tongues in a twist trying to bring up size issues tactfully and within the parameters of tasteful and non discriminatory language.

Wait two weeks so someone gets reamed and then go back and buy all that stuff you want.

I hate how the answer is always to get uppity and not have the thing, b/c if i want the thing someone else PITA-ness should not get in my way of getting the thing. That seems like the very nature of discriminatory to me?