Food(s) that you stopped consuming without realizing it?

Options
13»

Replies

• IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Earth balance vegan aged white cheddar popcorn. Oh my god I used to eat half of a big bag, if not more, every night. I was hooked. It tasted SO much like the smart food bags I remember from my childhood. I couldn't believe it. I used to buy three at a time lol. One day I just stopped, and now I don't crave them anymore
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    How can you not eat something (as in, quit eating something you used to eat) and NOT realize it?
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've entirely stopped eating anything, but I am having a LOT less of the below without really trying:
    Mayonnaise and salad cream
    Sweet and savoury pastries
    Crisps
    Cheese
    Pizza
    Ice cream

However I still eat quite a lot of biscuits, chocolate, chips and white rice...
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Soda. Fast food.

I just prefer not to drink my calories and I don't really like diet sodas. If I really feel like I want something different to drink (or if I'm needing a little caffeine), I'll just add a thing of Crystal Lite to my water.

Fast food kinda died off as I started working out and I didn't want to undo all the time I just put in. I did fast food twice while I was out of town for a family event and I felt LOUSY. I accounted for it with my calories and tried to make the healthiest choice I could… but my body just did not like it. Haven't had fast food since.
  • mshannond
    Options
    I made a decision to eat wholefoods and as healthy as possible, including lots of new fresh food in my diet, I only meant to cut out bad stuff 5 days a week but I never eat any of this stuff anymore now that I think about it.

Cheese. I knew I had to cut out dairy due to ibs and I loved cheese. It was hard at first but now I just forget that I don't have it.
    Consequently, things that I ate because of cheese. Cheesy pasta dishes, jacket potato cheese & beans, cheesy scrambled eggs, crackers with butter & cheese, pizza....

Bread. I've just forgotten about it. I might try sprouted rye as I can't have wheat but I never crave it anymore.
    Doughnuts & cakes. Now when I'm around them I have no longing to eat them.
    Packaged noodles & dinners like super noodles chinese egg fried rice pot noodle etc can't think of anything worse
    Fast food

Sweets. If I want sweets, I buy a portioned small pack of dates or dried apricots. For chocolate, I can buy stevia sweetened or dark chocolate (85% or 90% cacao)
    Nutella. I now make my own.
    Cooke dough & peanut butter cups. I make my own healthy ones.
    Most Breakfast cereals. I either make my own, eat porridge or buy wholefoods ones
    Jam
    Butter
    Low fat Yogurts

Even things I used to adore like biscuits & crisps.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.

I sometimes have chocolate flavored things, like yogurt or the soft chocolate cookies on a mini ice-cream sandwich. But real chocolate has been pretty much absent in the last 6 months, save for a couple of special occasions.
  • LadyWeaselofVT
    LadyWeaselofVT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating pasta. It used to be staple when I was with my first husband but once single, I rarely cooked it for myself. I also don't eat pretzels... I can't say that I love them but I won't stop eating them if they're around. Like a lot of people, I don't drink cow's milk anymore. I just found that I prefer almond milk.
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I noticed that red meat has pretty much been taken out of my routine. The few times I have eaten red meat it's never been very satisfying. Mostly I eat chicken or fish, although lately I seem to be eating a lot of vegetarian options instead.