females that started around 300 lbs and lost without surgery

Options
anawhatsme
anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
i'm looking for some motivation/inspiration.
can anyone that started out around 300 lbs and has lost a good chunk so far, help me out?
pics welcome!

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    I started at 375.3 officially and am down to 318 flat without surgery. I am 5'9". I don't have pics, I hated cameras even when I wasn't fat, long ago, but it's definitely coming off. Just have to keep it up.

My food diary is open, if you're interested.

ETA: I started April 18th
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I started out at 285-290. Down to 148. Lowest weight of my adult life. Still struggle with body image but it's something I'm working on mentally as I continue to improve my body.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I started at 335 and am now down to 212 so far w/o surgery. My diary is also open if you are looking for ideas.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My diary is open :). I started off at 325...318 in the "before" pic and about 280 in the "after" pic. I'm currently 269 lbs. I just focus on eating healthy, control my portions, and not deprive myself, and exercising.

Eta. It appears I can't get my pic to work, but it is on my profile :)
  • AmyTCaldwell
    AmyTCaldwell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well I was close very close to that and out of all the exercises I've tried .( sweat in to the oldies collection,worked for me) its not to strenuous,its fun and Richard Simmons is the best. I thought I'd never lose any weight,I loved twinkies and hohos but he was my inspiration,I cry to this day and thank the good lord for that man.I'm now 107 lbs,it took awhile but I DID IT...a lot of lose skin in the belly I mean a lot.I m so proud of myself,to this day I'd rather have lose skin and be healthy,than to be chubby and unhealthy.try the sweat in to the oldies you won't regret it. I promise .:blushing: I still won't wear a bikini though I have really wide stretch marks too.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I started out right around 300 lbs. It definitely wasn't easy, but it was worth it. :) Just remember that slow and steady is usually best. Before I got serious about losing, I'd get frustrated when I was "good" and only saw a one lb weight loss on the scale. As I learned more about fitness and nutrition, I learned that that was actually what I wanted to see. So don't get too frustrated if it seems like you are losing slowly.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    started at 291 and down to 215 without surgery... diary is open if you care to take a peak :)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I started at 275 in January, and as you can see, I'm currently at 234.
    I have used phentermine to get my appetite under control, and thank goodness it worked! I was so frustrated being hungry ALL the time!! (I did a blog post about prescription weight loss meds, if you're interested in learning.)
    But I've also been at the gym, sweating & moving heavy things around, nearly every day.

Most weight loss comes from controlling calories in.
    Weight control / maintenance comes from regular exercise.

"Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

I also did a post about setting goals (weight & calorie) which you might find helpful.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-08-setting-goals-667045
  • MrsJennaKwasniewski
    MrsJennaKwasniewski Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I started out at 332lbs and today I weighed in at 261. I have lost 70lbs since February without surgery. I have progress pictures in my profile, which is open, if you want to see. I started out, under doctors orders, taking Garcinia Cambogia, in pill form, that I bought at Costco. I used up 1 bottle of that (which took about 2 months) and I feel that helped me jumpstart my weight loss. I don't think it was actually doing anything other than being a constant reminder before I eat that I was trying to lose weight and that's something I really needed.

Apart from the Garcinia Cambogia, I also started making healthier choices and smaller portions. I started exercising and then got a gym membership to Planet Fitness where I would WALK on the treadmill for 30 mins 3 times a week. There have been good days and bad days, but overall it is a downward trend and that is all that matters.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    My highest recorded weight was 350 pounds, but I suspect I went higher than that in my non-weighing days. I wouldn't be surprised if I was very close to 400 pounds at one time. I'm down 104 pounds without surgery, and still need to drop another 100 to get to where I want to be. My goal is 1 pound per week. Slow and steady is my mantra. I really had to look inward and figure out why I ate as I did, and then become accountable for the good or bad food choices I make. Did a lot research, read testimonials from others (very inspirational when you are getting started), joined a food logging/weight management website, started trying new foods to expand my choices, etc.

For a while, I did consider surgery (my mom was pushing me in that direction), but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I had seen too many of my friends who went that route, and after initially dropping a lot of weight, they would slowy put it back on. I know there are a lot of people out there where that isn't the case, I just never met one, so I was very wary of surgery.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i started at 327lbs on dec 12, 2011. im now 165.2lbs. i have reached half my bodyweight before (gained a few back/new scale position dont reflect that right now). im 29. you can totally do this too. no surgery. no pills. just food and a little exercise. i eat whatever i want within my calories. you dont have to live only on salads or starve.. you actually need to eat! pics on profile. friends are welcome as well.
  • Aslongasittakes
    Options
    Thank you, ladies who have reported on your success! It reminds me that it is possible...the time is going to pass anyway, right?
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    you guys are great. congratulations to you all!
    thanks so much for taking the time to share your stories!!
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I started July 2013 @ 275lbs. Current weight 180lbs. Trying to get to a healthy 150lbs :) Slow and steady wins the race and YES the time will absolutely pass anyways! Good luck to you :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Me - started at 286, now down to 172 (had a baby along the way too)

:flowerforyou:
  • elliespal
    elliespal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So what did you do about losing the weight around the hips, knees, and bottom? I'm losing in the face, neck, stomach...down to the thighs. But the weight in the upper thighs, buttocks, and knees are laded with cottage cheese looking cellulite. How long does it take for those areas to start going down? I ask because I've been told to go to the gym for water aerobics for osteoarthritis. I dread putting on a bathing suit until I drop more weight.

Thanks,
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    2553no2.jpg (july 2012 (265.5lbs) & july 2014 (167lbs))
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Down almost 90 now, all of it lost through nutrition and exercise. No drugs, no surgery. It has taken two years, and I still have a lot to lose, but I feel good physically and emotionally. It's been worth it to do this "the right way"!

BTW I am post-menopausal, which can make weight loss more difficult, but it's obviously possible even for someone as lazy as me.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    So what did you do about losing the weight around the hips, knees, and bottom? I'm losing in the face, neck, stomach...down to the thighs. But the weight in the upper thighs, buttocks, and knees are laded with cottage cheese looking cellulite. How long does it take for those areas to start going down? I ask because I've been told to go to the gym for water aerobics for osteoarthritis. I dread putting on a bathing suit until I drop more weight.

Thanks,

I still have more than 75 pounds to lose, but go to water aerobics. In fact I now teach the class - and I"m not exactly rocking a bathing suit! Don't worry, everybody is so busy worrying about how THEY look that they won't notice how you look. Go to water aerobics, it will help tone you.
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started at 364 in February 2014 today I weigh 299. I have lost 65 pounds so far. No surgery, just eating right and moving more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!