females that started around 300 lbs and lost without surgery

Options

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    260lbs is the closest I got to 300lbs. That said, I'm 5'4.5" and 260lbs made me really obese.
    January 2012: 260lbs
    e8al3l.jpg

March 30, 2013: 210.6lbs
    24m89kg.jpg
    xnt4px.jpg

Around August 2013:
    2uh34h2.jpg

September 18, 2013: 170.2lbs (about 5 weeks pregnant)
    2wgzn84.jpg
    15811g3.jpg

May 23, 2014: 210lbs (40 weeks pregnant)
    8vnkeq.jpg

June 13, 2014: 193.4lbs (2 weeks after csection)
    mwfpkm.jpg

I don't have any recent pictures, but I'm around 185lbs now.

Progress threads (detailed information about what brought me here and my journey up until I got pregnant):
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1011152-87-days-of-using-mfp-p-lots-of-pics
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1100730-191-days-of-mfp-47-8lbs-lost-35-2lbs-to-go?hl=191+days#posts-16987716
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thank you all for sharing. My weight is coming off very slowly -- I'm using weight machines now along with swimming for my exercise. Have been using MFP to track -- REALLY track my food intake too -- I can see major differences in my body and how clothes fit even if the scale is moving slowly. Please keep those photos coming! THANK YOU again, everyone!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I started at 285, down to 169 now. No surgery. Eating about 1600-1900 calories a day which included at least 1 dessert per day. Learned portion control, moderation and made sure I logged everything. Also learned that I don't need to be perfect just consistent.

Found activities that I like to do, for me that's lifting 3 times a week, bike riding and running once in awhile.

34oehqs.png
  • Suz_8589
    Suz_8589 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started at 325 and am at 240 without any surgery. I have pictures on my profile but I post most of my pictures on Instagram. My name on there is suz_gets_fit if you want to see some. :) I'll add ya on here!!!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I have something to say to all you that posted on here

You guys are my heroes :flowerforyou:

I wish there was a giant like button for this whole thread.

*edited for spelling.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    First off- Congrats to everyone! Whether you are just starting this journey or whether its been a long time.

I started my journey in October 2008 at my heaviest- 341. Today I weight 165 and it feels amazing =) I have done it all naturally, I get quite annoyed when people ask me if I hard surgery (which is fine for some, but not for me) or what diet I have done. I just started to eat better and less and started to move more. The person I was almost 6 years ago would never do the things I am doing today. But because that person 6 years ago had some fight and desire to change her life, the current me is possible. I ran my first two half marathons in the spring and working on 3 this fall. I really want to run a full marathon in the spring just to prove to myself how far I have come. It wasn't easy but it was worth it. And you better believe I have no desire to go back- it took way to long to get to where I am at and I refuse to do this all again.

954b6209-2c53-4034-a461-ea4a0767f0e4.jpg
  • Zikhona123
    Zikhona123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome work ladies
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I started a little over 375. I am now down to 319 without surgery. I still want to lose another 140 pounds or so. It can be done, but it takes a lot of work and usually a long time. You can see "progress pics" in my avatar.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I started at about 310 and in two years I got down to 131 on my own with no surgery. I'm in the 140's now and like everyone has said, slow and steady. It's no race. You will have ups and downs and I was once told that keeping it off (maintenance) is the hardest part. I couldn't imagine at the time, but I understand now. My whole life I was in "lose weight" mode, so trying to not think in those terms is very hard. Good luck everyone on your journey's.
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies who have reported on your success! It reminds me that it is possible...the time is going to pass anyway, right?

Honestly, this is the best thing I've heard in years. I keep getting frustrated with the thought of how long it will take, but you're right...the time is going to pass anyway so I might as well get healthy while it does! Thank you so much.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I started at 299 and currently at 215. I can't remember how to post pictures!
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I started at 310 and I'm down to 260. i certainly have a long road ahead of me... but I'm not going anywhere any time soon!
  • revgosik
    revgosik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started at 310 and now weight around 140. (I have had a rough summer-I was down to 128). I have not had surgery, taken pills, drank shakes, or anything like that. I can't post pictures but feel free to friend me and my pictures are on my profile.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    First off- Congrats to everyone! Whether you are just starting this journey or whether its been a long time.

I started my journey in October 2008 at my heaviest- 341. Today I weight 165 and it feels amazing =) I have done it all naturally, I get quite annoyed when people ask me if I hard surgery (which is fine for some, but not for me) or what diet I have done. I just started to eat better and less and started to move more. The person I was almost 6 years ago would never do the things I am doing today. But because that person 6 years ago had some fight and desire to change her life, the current me is possible. I ran my first two half marathons in the spring and working on 3 this fall. I really want to run a full marathon in the spring just to prove to myself how far I have come. It wasn't easy but it was worth it. And you better believe I have no desire to go back- it took way to long to get to where I am at and I refuse to do this all again.

954b6209-2c53-4034-a461-ea4a0767f0e4.jpg

Wow you look great....hope you bought that dress too!!!
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    2553no2.jpg (july 2012 (265.5lbs) & july 2014 (167lbs))

Just simply amazing!!!! WTG
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't have photos to share here, sorry. My heaviest weight (back in 2008) was around 307. It MAY have been heavier at some point, but I doubt it as that was around my "breaking point" of holy cow, I've gained a lot of weight.

I'm now at 175. I am 5'8" tall, 37 years old and the last time I weighed anything in the 170s I was thirteen years old. I was well over 200 lb after age sixteen.

I lost the first 45 lb before I discovered tracking calories on My Fitness Pal. That was much harder for me, as I was just trying to eat as little as possible, lunches like a whole cucumber with a tiny bit of hummus, walking 4 miles per night, and regularly "breaking down" and drinking huge lattes and eating a lot of fried food etc.

Since joining MFP I've lost 86 lb in 16 months and it's honestly been "easy" compared to the years before I discovered this site. I don't kill myself with exercise and focus primarily on diet. I track EVERY bite, EVERY sip, EVERY day...even on vacation, even in restaurants, etc. Of course I do a lot of walking, weekend hikes or sightseeing, and the odd bike ride or game of tennis. But I've never had surgery, tried any shakes or pills, and haven't set foot in a gym or even tried a treadmill, elliptical, etc.

***ETA: I see a lot of comments about loose skin. I do have some loose skin around my upper arms and upper abdomen, but compared to what I expected it is NOT bad at all. My back fat and lower belly, as well as my legs, look MUCH better than I would have dreamed. I wanted to mention this since I am not someone who has been killing it in the gym, and had 100+ lb of excess weight for over 20 years.
  • Kelli8885
    Kelli8885 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies are so inspiring!!!
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I started below 300, at 271. But I am currently at 224. This is 4 pounds from what I was when I got my first ID at 18 (I'm 24). I still have about 75 pounds to go. I wanna make it to 150. I've only been doing this since febuary 19th so I think I've come along way. I walk when its nice out and watch what I eat. I eat what I want when I want as long as I stay in my calories.
  • SoftasRaine
    SoftasRaine Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I can't post a photo from my phone, I don't know how to post photos at all...
    I'M 5'3 (almost)
    10 years ago was my heaviest, at 298 lbs.
    Currently I am 151.

I haven't had surgery, but i have struggled! Im hypothyroid, on high dose meds, but that, for me, can mean 30lbs either way...

You can do it! Believe me, i know it's hard
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    wow!
    it's so encouraging to see so many of you are really doing this!
    i'm finding it challenging to get started on the exercise.
    it's been so incredibly humid here and i really hate it.
    i usually wait until sundown to even get housework done.

any tips for starting (and sticking to) a regular exercise routine?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!