females that started around 300 lbs and lost without surgery

Options

Replies

• losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 352 pounds a few years ago. After some yo-yoing, I restarted my weight loss journey on MFP in March 2014. I weighed in at 346.2. I currently weigh 318 ( was down to 312, but I've had a chaotic summer and have not focused on food and exercise like I should have). Lesson learned!! I really needed to see all these wonderful and inspiring stories to get my butt back in gear and reach my goal of 190. Thank you ladies!:flowerforyou:
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I started at 285. I'm down 52 lbs (I was down 60 but I gained a few back) now from almost entirely dietary changes. It is absolutely possible, you just have to stick with it. I still have about 75 -80 lbs to go, but I'm well on my way to getting there. :D

Also, my profile has 2 pictures one of me in a wedding a little over a year ago at 280 and one of me more recently in a dressing room right after it at about 235.
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    started at 335, down 13lbs so far! about 120lbs to go! This time next summer I'll be summer time sexy lol Feel free to add me.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    830391eb-50a4-41f2-b284-75c72eecf430_zpsbc0f5142.jpg

and

698a7e8a-c510-4fa4-a32a-3fe380bf7abc_zps09378ecc.jpg - this was 13 lbs ago
  • Courtshorr
    Courtshorr Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started at 312 and lost 160lbs without weight loss surgery! Just good old working out and eating clean! My pic is in my profile. I'm working on losing 13 more lbs currently!
    If I can do it.... anyone can! I love food!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I started at 320 and have lost 110 right now, I was down a little lower and I am trying to get back down again. I did it with a lot of exercise and eating less food, no surgery, no special diet or pills. It has been 5 years since I started and I lost most of it in the first year.

As for exercise, find something you enjoy. Keep trying things until you do. I happen to like going to the gym and lifting weights, I like group classes of interval training - love TRX. I also enjoy doing the fun runs, I am signed up for the Warrior Dash this weekend and totally looking forward to it. I know I wouldn't have said that 5 years ago!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    wow!
    it's so encouraging to see so many of you are really doing this!
    i'm finding it challenging to get started on the exercise.
    it's been so incredibly humid here and i really hate it.
    i usually wait until sundown to even get housework done.

any tips for starting (and sticking to) a regular exercise routine?

I started around that mark and am now about 210.

As for exercise I started off with a 10 minute walk each and every day. It wasnt much but it allowed me to form a habit.
    As time went on and I dropped some weight I incresed the duration until it was an hour walk everyday. So my advice would be do what you can even if it's small start making a habit, after that it becomes easy.

I now swim 4 days a week in summer, have been doing machine weights for 4 months and have just started free weights. On an average day I walk about 10kms (6 miles), but it all started with a 10 minute walk a day :flowerforyou:
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well how handy! A thread full of new friends :)

Hoping to be as successful as all of you lovely people. No surgery, just sensible eating and exercise. Thanks for posting your stories and pictures. Very inspirational.
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you everyone for your stories!

I'm near 300. Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Wow! You ladies give me hope! :^D

If anyone needs another pal, feel free to add me!
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your stories. It is very motivational and inspirational.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I started at 245, but I'm m only 5'2". I'm at 185 now, no surgery. When I first started I said to myself that I had 2 months to lose at least 20 pounds and if I couldn't I would see the doc and start talking surgery. I lost almost 30 in those 2 months. I had lost 96 without surgery, but then a couple stressful years happened and I gained a lot back. Now I'm getting back to where I was and then on to where I want to be.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Started at 330lbs ...... 110lbs down just by changing how I eat and moving my body!!

And more importantly been "maintaining" that loss for the past 3 years!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elleinnz/view/6-september-one-year-later-50-kgs-dropped-146443
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    First of all, thank you everyone who has posted so far! Love to hear the motivational success stories!!

I am 32, 5'7 and started this journey at 326lbs. I am currently down to 311 just with diet and excercise. No surgery, no pills, no special diet (am doing low carb for PCOS but no shakes or extremes) I have a long ways to go as I want to lose a total of 150lbs maybe more. But I know we can do it and can motivate eachother. Dont have any pics as of yet but hopefully soon!!

Add me if you like!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I was 290 at my highest and now 171. No surgery. It's the FOOD. fyi, I'm also at the healthiest that I have ever been my entire life. It's the FOOD. I can't say it enough. It's the FOOD.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add except, awesome job ladies! Y'all look great!

I'm not going to judge anyone who's lost weight using surgery, but I think it's soooo incredible to be able to lose it without! Amazing what the human spirit and will can do! You are all perfect examples of that.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I topped out at 268, though that was the first time I weighed myself, it's possible I was bigger.

I've official, as of today, lost 40 lbs and half of that was in the last 2 months when I began logging faithfully.

No surgery, no "quick-fixes", no excuses. I count calories and make time to be more active during the week/on the weekends.

I have a goal weight of 150, but would like to add about 10 lbs of muscle to that once I get there. I've got 80 lbs to go, and am expecting that to take 9-12 months if I continue to be consistent.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    wow!
    it's so encouraging to see so many of you are really doing this!
    i'm finding it challenging to get started on the exercise.
    it's been so incredibly humid here and i really hate it.
    i usually wait until sundown to even get housework done.

any tips for starting (and sticking to) a regular exercise routine?

This is where an activity tracker comes in. I don't know about you, but I like my fitbit, because it gives me little goals to reach, and I feel accomplished when I do. I'll walk a little longer trying to hit my step target, or calorie target.

The other way to approach activity, is to fit in in everywhere. You don't have to kill yourself at the gym every day. But instead of driving to the coffee place for your mid-morning perk, walk. Sure, it might take 10 more mins, but they're well spent.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was 290 at my highest and now 171. No surgery. It's the FOOD. fyi, I'm also at the healthiest that I have ever been my entire life. It's the FOOD. I can't say it enough. It's the FOOD.

QFT

It is the food! I am also healthier and happier than ever before. While losing the weight I 'cured' my diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, pcos, and depression. Life is so much better when your hobbies are things like Zumba, hiking, and lifting weights instead of lifting your fork.
  • ricer8
    ricer8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was 290 in January and now I'm down to to 228. I still have a ways to go, but I'm doing it! Sorry not sure how to add pictures or I would.

Started out by getting used to half mile walks in the mornings. Now I take a five mile walk in the morning (with minute running sprints throughout) and at least a two mile work out in the evening. I tend to use Leslie Sansone workouts for the evenings. Bought a fitbit, some people like it some don't. For me it works to keep me motivated and I think it gives a more accurate account of how many exercise calories I burn.

Of course, I also eat a lot less, but I do treat myself now and again. Outshine bars are a new favorite and Chia Bars (chocolate and peanut butter!!!)

I'm really hoping to see my weight drop below 200 by Christmas (if not before). Just keep saying "I can do this!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!