poll: Do you log all food and beverage consumption?

Options
124»

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    SO since it sounds like 99% percent of people log in foods, Do you feel like you are truly changing your eating lifestyle? Ten years from now are you still gonna be weighing out food and logging because it is what you do to maintain your weight.

It hasn't really changed my eating style, but it's made me a lot more aware of actual serving sizes and portions.

As far as logging the rest of my life, no, I don't think I will. I'm using this time to create a foundation for myself. When I hit maintenance, I hope to be able to carry on without logging using the knowledge I'm gaining now.
  • thepandapost
    thepandapost Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    SO since it sounds like 99% percent of people log in foods, Do you feel like you are truly changing your eating lifestyle? Ten years from now are you still gonna be weighing out food and logging because it is what you do to maintain your weight.

Yes, because if I don't I gain weight and that makes me a sad panda. I started my "health journey" 11 years ago and the times I didn't monitor, I gained. I am SO OVER the lose/gain cycle so logging in everyday doesn't really bother me anyways.

Because being overweight and not being able to do the things I want to do is harder.
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    I used to log EVERYTHING after weighing and measuring. However, I rarely log anything anymore and just keep a mental running tally for the day.

Not logging hasn't hampered my weight loss efforts as I am still successfully losing weight, but the minute my weight starts creeping up I will start logging again.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Yes, because if I don't I gain weight and that makes me a sad panda. I started my "health journey" 11 years ago and the times I didn't monitor, I gained. I am SO OVER the lose/gain cycle so logging in everyday doesn't really bother me anyways.

Because being overweight and not being able to do the things I want to do is harder.

11 years and you are my age. I feel you on this. Weight loss has been difficult to but I never sat down looked at my eating pattern. If you tried so many times and it didn't work out keep logging. It all good. I have no issue with that.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I do.

Even if I don't finish the portion (3/4 or some left bites) I still log it in full.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sometimes salt or mustard I do not log. I probably will log forever, somehow. My kids love using my scale and it helps keep the snacks even out between the three. I use a scale in baking and stuff, so no big deal. Logging and weighting food helps keep me accountable to me. I will have extra without thinking about it. This way, I have to think, and I have logged my food off and on since I was in middle school. I have had problems with my sugar, so it is better to know what we have eaten, just in case.
    Yes I am changing my lifestyle to be more accountable to myself by logging. I am at the lowest end of weight I have even been. I have always been overweight, since middle school too. I still mindlessly eat and that is a work in progress. It will probably be an issue until a few years after I reach a healthy weight. I know being a smaller me my body will not like, as it has never happened. I have worked this hard to get this far, and I am not stopping working on me.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    Yes : isnt that the whole point of this!!!!
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    yup, measured or weighed when I eat at home a bit trickier when I eat out for accuracvy of portion size. I even log on the rare days when my calorie intake in the 3000+ region (think pf changs lol with 3 or so mai tai's). I really despise that red line!!! but it helps to keep me on track.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I log pretty much everything. I measure most of the time, but I don't use a food scale. Sometimes I won't log the small corrections I make at the end of the day (swapping out a 100c bag of single serving popcorn for my serving of pistachios because I was munchy, not hungry) and sometimes I eyeball and guesstimate, especially when I eat out, but I usually overestimate my food a bit and underestimate my burn. It means I'm not super accurate, but I must be close because I'm reliably losing at the right rate, so.
  • lovecomputers
    Options
    100% every day.. uhhhh.. usually. I try to keep track of everything, because it's to my advantage. But, every once in a while, I don't log every little tiny thing.
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I don't weight and measure but I do log everything I eat. That does make things slightly inaccurate but it satisfies my needs. I am continuing to lose and continuing to increase my exercise.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Everything I eat and drink, every day.
  • fjanet
    fjanet Posts: 19
    Options
    no..sometimes too busy
  • B0rnC0nfus3d
    B0rnC0nfus3d Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I didn't log the ham and beer today!
  • thegilly6
    thegilly6 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes : isnt that the whole point of this!!!!

Right on. Right on.