Eliminating White Bread and White Sugar

Options
Hello MFP world,

I am starting on a new diet where I am not going to be eating white breads, white sugar, white pastas, white potatoes, or white rice. I am eliminating these from my diet. I am needing to know how well others have done with something like this and offer any advice or recipes/snacks to have with a diet like this. Thanks so much!!!!!:smile:

Replies

• sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You are about to get a ton of advice, telling you that it doesn't matter what you eat, so long as it fits into your caloric goals.

I started my journey to a healthy weight by adopting a LCHF WOE. If you want more info, head over to the low-carb or keto boards (or do a little googling).

Good luck!
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP world,

I am starting on a new diet where I am not going to be eating white breads, white sugar, white pastas, white potatoes, or white rice. I am eliminating these from my diet. I am needing to know how well others have done with something like this and offer any advice or recipes/snacks to have with a diet like this. Thanks so much!!!!!:smile:

That's racist!!! And the opposite of delicious. And unsustainable. But, good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • Arlene_Slocum
    Arlene_Slocum Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did not totally eliminate them. I just avoid them as much as I can. And whenever I can, I use coconut sugar instead of white sugar.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the diet is, so can't help.

Eliminating is really easy. You just don't eat the stuff. It really isn't as hard in practice as it seems going in.

Good luck! :)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Why do you think white foods need to be eliminated?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight by cutting out these very things. Honestly, I was miserable, tired, and I spent way too much money on substitutes that had no difference in calories or that were higher in calories with a substandard nutrient profile (many white breads are fortified, most pastas are, and white potatoes are an excellent source of potassium). There's nothing wrong with limiting these foods (I don't eat them if they don't fit my macros and calories), but I'm much happier since figuring out how to work them into my diet.

My advice is that if you are cutting these foods, pay attention to labels, particularly for micronutrients like iron.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP world,

That's racist!!! And the opposite of delicious. And unsustainable. But, good luck. :flowerforyou:
    This \m/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP world,

Diets (as in temporary changes) don't work for me. I gain the weight back when I eat "regular" food again. I won't give up sugar forever.....so I found that I need to lean how to manage it now while I'm trying to lose weight instead.

If "no white food" is a lifestyle change for you.....then good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Elimination diets only work IF one can stick with the eliminations. If one is just doing it to lose weight, the weight regain should be expected when reintroduced to foods they eliminated from their weight loss diet.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    200_s.gif
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    200_s.gif

t9R1WoS.gif
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    why do you hate happiness?
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Good luck, OP.
    I haven't eliminated anything from my diet, because that's not how I want to eat for the rest of my life.

I do tend to choose brown rice, whole wheat bread, and wheat/fortified pastas over their white counterparts because I generally find them more satisfying and nutritious overall. But I still eat plenty of sugar, and I appreciate a potato in just about any form. I just stick to my calorie goal, watch my macros, and aim for a balanced diet. :smile:
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP world,

i am truly sorry for your loss.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    why do you hate happiness?

^^^^
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    More for me I guess *party hats*
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :sick:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP world,

If it works for you that's fine there is though no real reason why you need to eliminate these things. Have a look at the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594