Challenge: Let's Give Something Up

Options
In my office building there is a little convenience store thing that sells snack food/soda/water and lately I've been frequenting this store a little too much. I've been thinking for a while that I need to give up this bad habit because it is really starting to hinder my weight loss efforts, but I need some accountability.

So.... I'm going to offer up a challenge for anyone who wants to join me in giving up something that that's been slowing down/preventing their weight loss or general health. We can support, encourage, and provide accountability to each other. Let's start with a week and go from there.

Introduce yourself and let us know what you will be giving up.

Who is with me???

Replies

• conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    gave up white flour x 2wks. Lost 12 lb. Hve had 2 flour tortilla ans one hot dog bun. You can do it. How about not going in the store for a week. kinda break the chain?
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Im in...I need to give up dt dew...been trying to quit again for over a year. I usually make it a few months and then BANG right back at it.
  • NYCGirl763
    NYCGirl763 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will give up soda. Although I drink mostly diet soda, I will now drink water only.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I give up giving things up because it isn't necessary.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

^BOOM.

Im with her.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up on giving up and learning to overcome my hindrances and not blame anything on me not reaching my goals but myself.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I already gave up what I had to give up. But I wish you luck!!

You can become healthier. It isn't easy. Takes time to adjust! But you can do it and will be so glad you did.

It's worth it in the end. :)
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'll give up my non-dairy creamer for my coffee. I was planning on giving it up anyway, because I never log it. I should log it, but I never have. I think I'd just rather give it up than go to the bother of logging it.
  • ARoe9410
    ARoe9410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    gave up white flour x 2wks. Lost 12 lb. Hve had 2 flour tortilla ans one hot dog bun. You can do it. How about not going in the store for a week. kinda break the chain?

That what I'm thinking too. The store is just too dang convenient lol, but I can definitely do this. I think once I get out of the HABIT of going there, I won't even miss it (because at this point that's all it is is habit, i'm not even hungry when I go). :ohwell:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I gave up being lazy and making excuses. Not giving up anything else
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'll give up wearing baseball caps with heels. It's so 1990s and I'm a little old for it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up on giving up and learning to overcome my hindrances and not blame anything on me not reaching my goals but myself.
    Ding ding ding!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    So giving up going to this one store, what is that going to teach you? I don't understand this at all, there will always be other stores, other temptations and not learning to deal with those isn't going to solve anything.
  • kem316
    kem316 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

^BOOM.

Im with her.

Yup. I'm finally realizing I don't have to give up anything to lose weight. So freeing
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll give up self-gratification...
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll give up self-gratification...
    osSGjgo.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Already gave up overeating and being lazy. Nothing else needs to be given up.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Luckily I'm having a bit of a pinch on my wallet right now, so I cut out fast food (unless someone else is paying haha). I started on July 26...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

FTW!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I gave up being lazy and making excuses. Not giving up anything else

giphy.gif