What you "CAN'T" eat anymore?

Options
What are some things that you no longer LIKE to eat now that you are eating better?

I'm not asking what you don't ALLOW yourself to eat for XYZ reasons, but what you can't stand to eat now.

I'll go first:

I was craving greasy Long John Silver's fish and hushpuppies on Monday (no judgement :angry: ). Figured that I could fit it in my day, so I would go for it and even ordered green beans instead of fries.

UGH!!! It was sooooo gross. It tasted the same as it ever did, but I just couldn't stomach it anymore. (This is not true for all fried foods, lol.)

It was so gross to me that I didn't even finish my lunch (which was a waste of food/money.)

Replies

• __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Apparently I haven't experienced this. I still eat everything and enjoy every bite.
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a whole box of noodles and I can't do it anymore. If I force myself I want to barf, even if it does fit into my calorie restrictions. :/ I used to love pasta.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Apparently I haven't experienced this. I still eat everything and enjoy every bite.

I've never told myself that I can't eat certain things and I used to LOVE their fish.
    I was a little sad that I didn't like it anymore. lol.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Ntella by the jar with a spoon. 2 years later with n Nutella at all I had one spoon full and as very disappointed and un-nchanted. 200 calories wasted.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    I usually eat a whole box of noodles and I can't do it anymore. If I force myself I want to barf, even if it does fit into my calorie restrictions. :/ I used to love pasta.

See, this I don't understand. lol. I would eat pasta all day every day.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    I used to eat Ntella by the jar with a spoon. 2 years later with n Nutella at all I had one spoon full and as very disappointed and un-nchanted. 200 calories wasted.

I know!!! It doesn't even have protein. (The reason I justify spoonfuls of peanut butter. lol.)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I used to love the egg rolls at Jack in the Box (no judgment :angry: ), but now I don't like them anymore. I had a bunch of extra calories one day after not having them in a year or so and thought, "why not?" It was a disappointing experience.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I used to be an ice cream junkie and would eat just about any kind. Now I'm super picky and won't even bother with it if it's not "quality" enough to be worth the calorie cost. It's pretty much Talenti first, last, and only these days. No more Edy's or Breyer's.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    anything fried, too salty
  • Happymelz
    Options
    I used to be an ice cream junkie and would eat just about any kind. Now I'm super picky and won't even bother with it if it's not "quality" enough to be worth the calorie cost. It's pretty much Talenti first, last, and only these days. No more Edy's or Breyer's.

YES!!! I've become an icecream snob when it comes to what I am willing to "spend" calories on.
  • beccasaur387
    beccasaur387 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I went almost a month without soda of any kind. I decided to have a sip of root beer in the fridge and it was so syrupy it grossed me out. Naturally, if I wasn't doing this lifestyle change, i would've had half of the liter in one day.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Coke/Pepsi from a can or bottle. It's way too sweet. i can still drink it if it is from the fountain because it's watered down and not nearly as syrupy sweet.

For some reason I can still handle root beer from a can though!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I used to crave Burger King's Whopper. I would daydream about that burger so much...YUM!!!

I decided to let myself have one a couple of months ago, and UGH it was awful. I couldn't finish it, and felt so physically ill afterwards. That's one of the good things I think has come from eating healthy. I don't crave crap anymore.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    McDonald's cheeseburgers. I used to eat at least two a week, even kept eating at least one a week for a while since they're only 300 cal. But then I realized I could have a sandwich and fruit at home for the same # of calories and it was much more filling so I quit them. A year or two later, I get a craving and decide to grab one on my way to WalMart. I get halfway through my shopping and start feeling queezy and bowel clenching...uh oh! Let's just say I haven't had one since.

Hostess cupcakes. The cake part is ok but that filling - omg, awful!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I was never a huge fan of boxed meals but once in a while hamburger helper would be a dinner option. One bite of it now and I remember why I don't eat it. I still make dishes like hamburger helper but all from scratch and man oh man what a difference all I taste now is the sodium.

Chicken noodle soup is another, it's like drinking grease to me.

The funny part is I don't ever remember really giving these items up, I guess they just sort of filtered out of my life. As far as I'm concerned it was all for the best.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Only soda pretty much.
  • jlchandl17
    Options

This ^^
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    McDouble from McDonald's (or any of their burgers, I'd assume). Gives me a terrible greasy taste in my mouth and an aftertaste that is like blood. I don't have this issue with other burgers/steak though, even after eating pescetarian for a year and then going back to it.

Some frosting - Great American Cookie Co. and Price Cutter bakeries in particular. I still love really good homemade or "better" bakery frosting & icing but these really sugary bright colored ones taste like food coloring to me and I can't get rid of that taste for a couple hours no matter what else I eat or drink after. Ew.

Green beans cooked in pork (bacon grease and/or with ham). I LOVE green beans, always have...still like 'em fresh, frozen, canned, whatever. But now I can't eat them with that pork taste. I do like the occasional bacon or pork sausage but I can't stand that flavor along with green beans anymore.
  • Happymelz
    Options
    The funny part is I don't ever remember really giving these items up, I guess they just sort of filtered out of my life. As far as I'm concerned it was all for the best.

Exactly how it happened for me too!

I've even noticed that most donuts are too "expensive" now. (recovering donut junkie)
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Cream. I can have just a little bit but any more than a tsp or so and it gives me a horrible stomach ache. My husband thinks I'm becoming slightly dairy intolerant but it's only been happening in the last year really. I used to be able to have double double coffees all the time and now I can pretty much only drink black or with one sugar or sweetener.

I've also been eating a lot healthier the last couple months. We ordered pizza last week for dinner and after eating it I just felt gross and greasy. I used to love it. I definitely won't be eating as much or maybe not at all next time.