I HATE when people on MFP say.....

Options

Replies

• kait_marie24
    kait_marie24 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    When people say they can't eat 1200.. that it's too many and they're too full. Yeah RIGHT
  • JaimieAG
    JaimieAG Posts: 48
    Options
    but seriously... Vegans don't get enough protein!

There's no reason in the world a vegan should be protein deficient. I can think of 5 plants off the top of my head that have the same protein as a serving of tuna. Excluding soy. Screw soy.

B12 on the other hand... maybe. Now that's a legitimate vegan deficiency.
  • maryoracle
    maryoracle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    People who report that they exercised today and it totalled 10,000 calories - you win!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    this is gonna turn into a *kitten* storm...why...

because meds don't cause weight gain
    and people with 20lbs or less shouldn't aim for 2lbs a week
    and the sexypants link shoudl be required reading
    Sugar is sugar...cupcake or watermelon
    it is as simple as cico...we never said it was easy just simple
    special snowflakes is valid thing here just visit the threads where people just can't lose and are doing everything right.
    carbs are carbs

it will fit honest

what bugs me the most those is when people "claim" to weigh everything..."I swear I do with 100% accuracy" and you go to their diary and what is weighed is in ounces and most things are logged in cups or each etc...

edited for type..."shouldn't" added..
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    ....an interesting topic title and turns out it's a spammer.

I hate this one. I get sucked into clicking on the threads over and over. Then I see the long paragraph of gibberish with no punctuation and my heart sinks :(

Might start replying to the ones with really good titles - just to amuse myself.

Another one is an interesting topic that turns out to be 2 years old. I get sucked in every time!

Darn those people using the search function! :tongue:

I know. But then I respond to the op only to realize op has been gone awhile! I just need to be more observant :smile: .
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    'Journey'....should only be used in the context of describing your fave band or a hitch hiking adventure. Never to describe your diet/exercise routine.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I hate this one. I get sucked into clicking on the threads over and over. Then I see the long paragraph of gibberish with no punctuation and my heart sinks :(

Might start replying to the ones with really good titles - just to amuse myself.

Another one is an interesting topic that turns out to be 2 years old. I get sucked in every time!

I know. But then I respond to the op only to realize op has been gone awhile! I just need to be more observant :smile: .

Yah it's easy to get caught esp when it's been responded to in the past 24 hours...a lot.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    People who report that they exercised today and it totalled 10,000 calories - you win!

I don't get this one...huh?
  • albayin
    Options

let's blame MFP for not locking up old threads like that old...
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Except there are some really great old threads that I love to see pop up. So the problem is on my end :smile: .
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    this is gonna turn into a *kitten* storm...why...

because meds don't cause weight gain
    and people with 20lbs or less should aim for 2lbs a week
    and the sexypants link shoudl be required reading
    Sugar is sugar...cupcake or watermelon
    it is as simple as cico...we never said it was easy just simple
    special snowflakes is valid thing here just visit the threads where people just can't lose and are doing everything right.
    carbs are carbs

it will fit honest

what bugs me the most those is when people "claim" to weigh everything..."I swear I do with 100% accuracy" and you go to their diary and what is weighed is in ounces and most things are logged in cups or each etc...

I'm with you on everything but the meds. http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts.com/alerts/prescription_drugs/JohnsHopkinsPrescriptionsDrugsHealthAlert_656-1.html

ETA I hope you meant that people with 20 lbs or less "shouldn't" aim for 2 lbs a week.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Tagging to read later. I assume there are some gems.

Wait. I mean that; I don't have an issue with people who say that.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Except there are some really great old threads that I love to see pop up. So the problem is on my end :smile: .

That's why you should get in the habit of reading the whole thread first, because sometimes they provide more information, like a health issue they didn't disclose in their original post, after everyone jumps down their throat for ________. I learned! :bigsmile:
  • albayin
    Options

I know, like that one I recently discovered, perhaps one of the best post through all time
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat
  • Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    "Are you tracking everything"
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Definitely " starvation mode" and when ppl eat low low low cals.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    awww she just died this year....I loved her!! RIP Shirley Temple.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    "Are you tracking everything"

This is a good question for the people who say they don't understand why they're not losing, then you look at their diary and see they're not logging everything they eat. *shrugs*
  • SydNyd
    SydNyd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What is the one thing that people say on MFP that irritates you the most? For me it's when people say Vegans don't get enough protein!

Preach it! Last night I ate forbidden rice with hemp seeds and mango, and a side of sweet potatoes… oh no, I'm so deficient in nutrients...
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    chemo meds certainly do....sorry.....