I HATE when people on MFP say.....

Options

Replies

• FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    this isn't just MFP but .. "carbs make you fat"... no they don't lol atleast not the "good ones" I eat tons of white rice, semi white bread (homemade) etc and I'm losing weight and my blood test are awesome.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    "Are you tracking everything"

Except it turns out a lot of the time they usually aren't. So you may hate it, but it tends to get to the bottom of things real fast.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    "Are you tracking everything"

Except it turns out a lot of the time they usually aren't. So you may hate it, but it tends to get to the bottom of things real fast.

truth or facts don't mean they can't be annoying...
  • SydNyd
    SydNyd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree about b12, being vegan myself; i take supplements for that, but you can literally get whatever else you need from plants… sometimes I eat too MUCH protein, and it's not always from soy!
  • mathmatt
    mathmatt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What is the one thing that people say on MFP that irritates you the most? For me it's when people say Vegans don't get enough protein!
    Agreed but that goes FAR beyond MFP.
  • albayin
    Options
    Yeah I agree about b12, being vegan myself; i take supplements for that, but you can literally get whatever else you need from plants… sometimes I eat too MUCH protein, and it's not always from soy!

I have never, once, in my life, heard of a vegan eating too much protein.

I guess then you just did...LOL
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I dislike it when people are craving something, and ask for a healthy replacement and posters say, just eat what you are craving. Isn't that what got us here in the first place?
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "Absolutely, positively, no matter what else you do...don't weigh yourself everyday."

So WHAT if somebody does?
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options

I have never, once, in my life, heard of a vegan eating too much protein.

I've never heard of a vegan getting too much protein from NATURAL sources only when they start taking a crap ton of protein supplements.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    "This thread should be required reading..." (link to sexypants post)

"You don't weigh enough to aim for x lbs/week..."

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants :flowerforyou:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

But why?! Oh, right. http://evidencemag.com/fat-loss-deficit/

MFP lets anyone select up to 2 lbs/week. Because it's not dangerous.

There's a big difference between selecting a conservative deficit for yourself based on outside info and telling others their choice is dangerous and misinformed.

Same goes for macro levels. "You can't meet your protein and fat minimums at that level..." The poster is assuming everyone shares their macro goals.
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I hate when people purposely start troll threads. Really, don't have anything else productive to do?
    When people ask for "advice" (read:validation) on an unsustainable diet then call everyone mean and haters for giving them sensible advice.
    Yep. If they think people disagreeing with them = bullying, they seriously need a new dictionary.
    "it's as simple as calories in/calories out"
    I wish, Nothing in life is simple.
  • albayin
    Options
    I dislike it when people are craving something, and ask for a healthy replacement and posters say, just eat what you are craving. Isn't that what got us here in the first place?

well sometimes, a severe craving really can't find a good "healthy" replacement. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    It kinda bugs me when people on a message board say they hate what people on a message board say...:smile:

Seriously.
  • albayin
    Options
    "it's as simple as calories in/calories out"
    I wish, Nothing in life is simple.

me too. but then again you get people saying "you are eating more than you think. you are not weighing accurately" like they can...serirously who can be absolutely accurate all the time...
  • jusca
    jusca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    "muscle weighs more than fat"

"you gained muscle in a week and that's why the scale went up 3lbs or so" please...LOL
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    What is the one thing that people say on MFP that irritates you the most? For me it's when people say Vegans don't get enough protein!

"Open your diary."
  • SammieDQ37
    Options
    "I have no problem eating only 1200 calories a day. I'm ALWAYS under my calorie goal!"

THIS^^^^^:explode:
  • albayin
    Options
    "muscle weighs more than fat"

"you gained muscle in a week and that's why the scale went up 3lbs or so" please...LOL

I find more annoying that someone has to correct this statement every time, whether relevant or not...
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    A calorie is not a calorie