I HATE when people on MFP say.....

Options

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    All the insulting. All the bragging. I put them together because they almost always go together.

A lot of stupid people say a lot of stupid stuff as if they are right, lol, but my two favorites are:

1. "Giving up junk food is not sustainable. You can't lose weight if you only eat healthy food." Like nobody does that, lol. Nobody has ever made actual lifestyle changes, replacing bad habits with healthy ones. Impossible!

2. "Eating more makes you lose more. If you don't eat enough, you go into starvation mode and gain weight." They frequently add that it seems counterintuitive or crazy. (It is.)
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    "ewwww McDonald's is gross, I would never eat there."

Jim Gaffigan is hilarious about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YDTfEhChgw

Just watched that...hilarious!!!
  • nespinosa3
    nespinosa3 Posts: 116
    Options
    "Losing weight is not hard/complicated at all"

"You might be eating more than you think you are!!! Are you logging and measuring everything???" Right after I clearly specified that yes I do log/measure/weigh everything

"Here's everything you need to know: guide to sexypants"
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    You can't lose weight if you only eat healthy food.

I would hate that too if anyone ever actually said it.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    this is gonna turn into a *kitten* storm...why...

because meds don't cause weight gain
    and people with 20lbs or less shouldn't aim for 2lbs a week
    and the sexypants link shoudl be required reading
    Sugar is sugar...cupcake or watermelon
    it is as simple as cico...we never said it was easy just simple
    special snowflakes is valid thing here just visit the threads where people just can't lose and are doing everything right.
    carbs are carbs

it will fit honest

what bugs me the most those is when people "claim" to weigh everything..."I swear I do with 100% accuracy" and you go to their diary and what is weighed is in ounces and most things are logged in cups or each etc...

edited for type..."shouldn't" added..

Honest question, why is this a problem that bugs you? If someone logs 1.25 ounces of something, for example, how is that different from logging 35 grams? They are equivalent.

Also, some people will weigh out the serving size on packaged foods but log it in cups because that's how it is listed in the database - if the package says something like "serving size: 1 cup (68g)" and someone weighs out 68 grams, why is it a problem to log it as cups? The nutritional info will be exactly the same based on the label.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    All the insulting. All the bragging. I put them together because they almost always go together.

A lot of stupid people say a lot of stupid stuff as if they are right, lol, but my two favorites are:

1. "Giving up junk food is not sustainable. You can't lose weight if you only eat healthy food." Like nobody does that, lol. Nobody has ever made actual lifestyle changes, replacing bad habits with healthy ones. Impossible!

2. "Eating more makes you lose more. If you don't eat enough, you go into starvation mode and gain weight." They frequently add that it seems counterintuitive or crazy. (It is.)

So you don't like the insulting, but then go on to call people stupid.....?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I get sick of the incessant links to that Sexypants thread. I also hate the word 'sexypants'. Sounds stupid.
  • beardedwarriortx
    beardedwarriortx Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I hate when ppl on MFP say "no Hunter I wont send you boob pics!" or "no Hunter you can't drink all of my booze". The nerve!
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You can't lose weight if you only eat healthy food.

I would hate that too if anyone ever actually said it.

I know right? LOL
    I'd like to see a link to a post where someone on here actually said that.
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    what bugs me the most those is when people "claim" to weigh everything..."I swear I do with 100% accuracy" and you go to their diary and what is weighed is in ounces and most things are logged in cups or each etc...

You would hate my diary. The other day weighted out my C&W Peas. The bag said 2/3 cup (91 g) and I weighted out every one of those 91 grams--I just didn't edit the entry--ain't nobody got time for that (unless that is all you are planning on doing that day...)--so when I put 2/3 cup down as my entry I meant the 91 g.

My Wildtree Butter Grapeseed Oil that I put on my baked potato today was really 9 grams (I weighted it) but I put down .67 Tablespoon instead of editing because, again, ain't nobody got time for that.

Now, what I HATE on MFP is when people judge someone else's diary without finding out if someone used the entries that were already in the database but accurate in the grams/ounces or if they were just using them measuring cups/spoons.

This is why my diary will forever be closed except for my friends, they at least would ask me before calling me a liar...
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I get sick of the incessant links to that Sexypants thread. I also hate the word 'sexypants'. Sounds stupid.

^this^

It's linked so often that I thought I was the only one...
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

^this^

It's linked so often that I thought I was the only one...

I thought that I was the only one. :embarassed:

I really don't get too bothered by people, though. I'm often told I'm too chill. Really, I'm just so socially awkward and nervous that I worry more about what I'm doing than what other people are doing. :blushing:

Also, I prefer to waste my energy hating other things. Like spiders. And beetles.
  • FisherGT
    FisherGT Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    "STARVATION MODE"

Also I swore off just one food and thats candy corn XD only because i cannot control myself around it. I don't brag about it though :P
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    "Then how'd you get fat?"

Explanation: It's really not that hard to understand and be understanding about the fact that some food is more filling, that people often change what they eat dramatically when first starting, and that people trying to lose weight and new to it would find it strange to eat when they were not actually hungry. Not full, not stuffed, not couldn't eat a bite, but pretty satisfied. I think it's worth helping people understand they can broaden what they eat, I think it's a problem that solves itself soon enough in most cases, but I don't see why it requires rude and insulting-sounding comments.

It's even worse when the person is actually claiming not to be able to eat more, is about 18 or so, and doesn't seem to be overweight from the photo, although personal details are missing. Chances are she's not fat, and may well be thinner than the BMI scale would recommend.
  • tinselqueen
    tinselqueen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yep - pretty dammed irritating!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Right now what drives me to roll my eyes on here are platitudes. "You/We CAN do this!" "Believe in yourself!" "We gotta step up our game/Step it up!" and other trite pseudo-inspirational sentences that are repeated ad nauseam.
  • antoniodean
    Options
    Nothing really I'm new. But some say I put the weight back on and makes me go huh? Why? I thought the goal was to lose? But then again there are different circumstances and habits too to take in consideration
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    weight loss isnt linear
    you didnt gain all that weight in a day
    its not a sprint
    grow up your an adult
    i am not hungry eating under 1200
    i am not loosing weight
    whats your opion?
    put down fork and move away(something similar to that)
    i need to cleanse my body
    how can i lose all this weight in 2 weeks, i know its not healthy and after the 2 weeks i will start right
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar. It doesn't matter if you eat a cupcake or a vegetable.

in that case i vote for cupcake whose with me lol