• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    "Everybody is different".

Yeah, I'll jump on that one.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    When people ask for "advice" (read:validation) on an unsustainable diet then call everyone mean and haters for giving them sensible advice.

This is a pet peeve of mine but I don't think it's specific to this website.

I don't think I have been here long enough to ***** about things that people say on the forum.

One day is long enough. You qualify. Welcome.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Everything.

Today I hate everything.

I hate it when people just type +1.

But, +1

+2
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    "I've done blah, blah, blah for a whopping whole week and I'm not down 100 lbs yet...WTF?"
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    "I've done blah, blah, blah for a whopping whole week and I'm not down 100 lbs yet...WTF?"

:laugh:
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I hate when people think muscle and fat weigh the same and spew "A pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle"

A pound of the Empire State Building weighs the same as a pound of feathers...so the Empire State Building and feathers weigh the same?
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    ...one thing and mean another.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I dislike it when people are craving something, and ask for a healthy replacement and posters say, just eat what you are craving. Isn't that what got us here in the first place?

Not necessarily. I had gained twenty pounds since Christmas eating too much of the (and only) "right, clean, organic, healthy" foods. Now I eat whatever I want, take a multivitamin, and log everything.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    If they log ounces it means they are not being accurate. Typically ounces are "guesses" based on what I have seen.

Ummm....my scale at home has an 'ounce' setting. So how is that not accurate?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    "You're just gaining muscle, and we all know....muscle weighs more than fat"

how about "no you are not gaining muscle, period"....like they know 100%...absolutely
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    "the reason you aren't losing weight is because you don't weigh EVERYTHING you TOUCH gram for gram and you don't BACKFLIP 7 TIMES and THANK THE ELDRITCH POWERS THAT BE for your BOUNTIFUL HARVEST before eating."

like seriously, sometimes people here are just doing too much.
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Even though it does increase appetite, it also increases the rate at which fat is stored in the body (from the cortisol) and changes where it is stored.

Beyond that, most patients are not given the information that it increases appetite, only that weight gain on them is normal. So, if you're not already counting calories, it's an easy thing to miss.

Also, increased appetite isn't something to dismiss as a side effect. People who are trying to lose weight are most likely already struggling with hunger. If you increase that exponentially, it's highly problematic.

Technically, you just agreed with Stef and proved her point.

Some medications increase your appetite. They don't add magic calories from nothing... You still put the food in your mouth.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It's already been covered but the statement "muscles weighs more than fat" does not bother me. It's the unnecessary replies to correct that person even if it has no impact on the topic. Everyone knows what people mean when someone says muscle weighs more than fat.
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    "Your body detoxes itself..."

Agreed! If the body detoxed itself then we would be seeing no effects of environmental pollutants and ingested pollutants like BPA and mercury on the human body. Obviously even if the body can detox itself it cannot do so without the toxin doing some kind of damage during the process of elimination.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    "Your body detoxes itself..."

Agreed! If the body detoxed itself then we would be seeing no effects of environmental pollutants and ingested pollutants like BPA and mercury on the human body. Obviously even if the body can detox itself it cannot do so without the toxin doing some kind of damage during the process of elimination.

Meh. It's not a completely inaccurate statement that the body can't detoxify itself. Your immune, respitory, and excretory system all are efficient at removing or keeping out SOME toxins. The liver is an amazing detoxifier but I agree damage can be done when it is overloaded.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

People who think lead and hydrogen weigh the same.

Sooooooo...which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hahaha.. everything on this thread so far.. but if I had to pick one, I'd say "clean eating"... UGH :grumble:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    It's already been covered but the statement "muscles weighs more than fat" does not bother me. It's the unnecessary replies to correct that person even if it has no impact on the topic. Everyone knows what people mean when someone says muscle weighs more than fat.

ditto. exactly this...
  • Stilllosing26
    Stilllosing26 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Lol "clean eating". That makes me mad too.