I HATE when people on MFP say.....

Options

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    This is the greatest collection of derp in one thread I've seen EVER.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    "It's not a DIET it's a lifestyle change". Haaaaaaaaha. Lol

^^^This!
    Who gives a crap what you call it. You hopefully won't be eating on a deficit your whole life.
    Also. Eating any food is a diet. Whether it's a "protein rich" diet or some other thing. So much this.
    Also... girls asking if their boobs will shrink. Time to stop worrying ladies, you'll look how you'll look. Just get healthy.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    suck it up buttercup
    just saying

I like you. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options
    this is gonna turn into a *kitten* storm...why...

because meds don't cause weight gain
    and people with 20lbs or less shouldn't aim for 2lbs a week
    and the sexypants link shoudl be required reading
    Sugar is sugar...cupcake or watermelon
    it is as simple as cico...we never said it was easy just simple
    special snowflakes is valid thing here just visit the threads where people just can't lose and are doing everything right.
    carbs are carbs

it will fit honest

what bugs me the most those is when people "claim" to weigh everything..."I swear I do with 100% accuracy" and you go to their diary and what is weighed is in ounces and most things are logged in cups or each etc...

edited for type..."shouldn't" added..

Haha you are so beyond ignorant saying meds don't cause weight gain.

Says the faceless stranger on the internet that has yet to find one that does...I am willing to concede that point as soon as one is found that does not list "changes in appetite" as a side effect.

Good god. Just because one side effect of a medication is "changes in appetite", that doesn't mean EVERY patient taking the medication experiences that one side effect.

P.s. I don't get how your statement of "says the faceless stranger on the internet" matters….
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    1200 calories means you are not eating enough. (This is usually said by people for whom it IS true... but it isn't rue for everybody, especially not mine.) GRRRRRRR!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    'lifestyle journey' eeeeeeek
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    "I've been trying hard for a week and I'm not losing"
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Oh this is good. In to watch the derp unfold in all of its glory!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it was stated on the previous pages, but "we're all here for the same reason" drives me batty!
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    for me its just people who have lost their weight then try to make you feel bad about something youre not doing right. get down off your high horse and be a motivator
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    for me its just people who have lost their weight then try to make you feel bad about something youre not doing right. get down off your high horse and be a motivator

Why should they?
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    "This thread should be required reading..." (link to sexypants post)

"You don't weigh enough to aim for x lbs/week..."

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants :flowerforyou:

this ^^^
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Female posters on lifting: "But I don't want to get to big and bulky!"

If it were only that easy lady. Take a seat next to the other misinformed females . Bodybuilders struggle every week to gain muscle, and barely scrape by with 0.25 lb of muscle a week. You and your 3lb pink dumbells aren't going anywhere.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Yeah... no.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

Just ignore them. There are a lot of condescending, arrogant people here. They act that way because they were likely treated the same way when they first started. So now they feel compelled to return the "favor."
  • _JustDG_
    _JustDG_ Posts: 1,584
    Options
    Show me your boobies!
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. NO, muscle is more dense than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people give up foods, but the "white foods" thing drives me up the wall.

That's foodist!