I HATE when people on MFP say.....

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    "why is everyone mean here?"

Um, most are not... they are just blunt and to the point. Just because others do not want to validate someone else's food or fitness choices does not make them mean... and seeing who the mean people are I am more likely to take their advice rather than be validated in what I think should happen...

Oh and if anyone wants mean, I have said it once and I'll say it a million times, go to babycenter, the knot, or someplace like sodahead. People there are actually mean...
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. NO, muscle is more dense than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound.

Just like a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.... all a unit to measure by...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    this is gonna turn into a *kitten* storm...why...

because meds don't cause weight gain
    and people with 20lbs or less shouldn't aim for 2lbs a week
    and the sexypants link shoudl be required reading
    Sugar is sugar...cupcake or watermelon
    it is as simple as cico...we never said it was easy just simple
    special snowflakes is valid thing here just visit the threads where people just can't lose and are doing everything right.
    carbs are carbs

it will fit honest

what bugs me the most those is when people "claim" to weigh everything..."I swear I do with 100% accuracy" and you go to their diary and what is weighed is in ounces and most things are logged in cups or each etc...

edited for type..."shouldn't" added..
    Haha you are so beyond ignorant saying meds don't cause weight gain.

Says the faceless stranger on the internet that has yet to find one that does...I am willing to concede that point as soon as one is found that does not list "changes in appetite" as a side effect.

This quote came from the page I linked that apparently nobody bothered to read.
    Some corticosteroids, for example, make the body less able to absorb blood glucose, and this can lead to fat deposits in the trunk and weight gain. Other medications produce fatigue or shortness of breath, making the person less active (the antihypertensive drugs known as beta-blockers are thought to have this effect), or can cause water retention (a side effect of antihypertensive calcium channel blockers).

http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts.com/alerts/prescription_drugs/JohnsHopkinsPrescriptionsDrugsHealthAlert_656-1.html

Edited because quoting is hard.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

Um, most are not... they are just blunt and to the point. Just because others do not want to validate someone else's food or fitness choices does not make them mean... and seeing who the mean people are I am more likely to take their advice rather than be validated in what I think should happen...

Oh and if anyone wants mean, I have said it once and I'll say it a million times, go to babycenter, the knot, or someplace like sodahead. People there are actually mean...

my wife posts on the knot...the women there are crazier than the ones here...
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    for me its just people who have lost their weight then try to make you feel bad about something youre not doing right. get down off your high horse and be a motivator

Define motivation? Some people that comes in the form of being told to "suck it up buttercup" (which I tell myself)... I don't want someone to hold my hand and tell me what I'm doing is right even when it's not.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Anytime a faceless, closed diary, closed profile, no proof that they've ever done anything that works and they pop up preaching how others don't know what they are talking about and that the proven methods and theories are actually BS.
    All of that^^. Also, one post wonders who bump threads about Beachbody/Isagenix/Herbalife any crap MLM product

Not just their first post in one of these resurrected MLM threads, but first/only post from a 3+ year old account.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Has she been on a birthboard? Add in pregnancy hormones and debates over whether or not you should pierce an infants ears or to vaccinate, breastfeed, circumcise a boy, or even what to name a kid... how did I survive that place without a strike....
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Show me your boobies!

No way. I save those for my special lady friends..
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people give up foods, but the "white foods" thing drives me up the wall.

That's foodist!

And this right here is why I'm not giving up chocolate! :bigsmile:
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options

^^ This

And the fact that people still bite on these threads. I wish people would just let them sit with zero replies so these threads would never take off. Better yet, the mods should combine every thread that ever started like that all into one huge thread.
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Has she been on a birthboard? Add in pregnancy hormones and debates over whether or not you should pierce an infants ears or to vaccinate, breastfeed, circumcise a boy, or even what to name a kid... how did I survive that place without a strike....
    Sounds like Cafemom.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    for me its just people who have lost their weight then try to make you feel bad about something youre not doing right. get down off your high horse and be a motivator

Define motivation? Some people that comes in the form of being told to "suck it up buttercup" (which I tell myself)... I don't want someone to hold my hand and tell me what I'm doing is right even when it's not.
    i dont want anyone to tell me wrong information nor do i want to be told to suck it up buttercup. what does that even mean anyway.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Oh man those boards were brutal. LOL
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Sounds like Cafemom.

I think they are all like that.... ;) It's those damn pregnancy hormones...
  • k8blujay2
    Options

Oh man those boards were brutal. LOL

It makes here seem like rainbows and unicorns for sure.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    beachbody
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    1.) I'm a mom ........ yeah? so what?

2).Fat makes you fat ....... [yawn]

3). You need to eat more to lose weight.

4). F*** Off Tony ...... :-p

5). ANYTHING to do with mythology (religion).
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options

^^ This

And the fact that people still bite on these threads. I wish people would just let them sit with zero replies so these threads would never take off. Better yet, the mods should combine every thread that ever started like that all into one huge thread.

rssxfl.jpg
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    "I can never hit my calorie goal. I'm always way under. I can't eat that much food," from a person whose ticker says they want to lose 50lbs. How'd you get fat if you can't eat enough?

simple, one meal such as dinner or lunch at burger king can be upwards of 1300+ calories

it doesnt mean that i ate a gawdawful amount of food, just food that was high in calories that i have abstained from for the past 2 years

for me to eat 1300 calories now is basically my breakfast, mid morning salad and lunch.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. NO, muscle is more dense than fat. A pound is a pound is a pound.

But it's dumb cause most everyone knows what someone means when they say "muscle weighs more than fat". Granted, the "muscles weighs more than fat" comment pops up where it is unnecessary a lot, but to correct that every time, and then have a 2 page discussion about it gets ridiculous. No single item in the world weighs more than any other single item in the world I suppose, cause a lb is a lb.