Serious Relationship Question

Options
12346»

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Sure it is possible. Good luck.

Nobody who never tried ever got anything.
  • emkayelle91
    emkayelle91 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Is it possible, sure. The only issue I have with meeting someone online, is that it is really easy to fall for the idea of that person; how they present themselves online. However, in my past experience, people I have met online were entirely different when it came time to meet in person. That doesn't mean that it isn't worth a try, though. :)
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online, not here, not a dating site. We were friends for probably 2, maybe 3, years before meeting in person. He lived in Louisiana and I lived in Ohio. We became the best of friends, chatting on the phone for hours nearly everyday. Once I met him in person, we decided to pursue a relationship, even though we knew it would be difficult long distance. We were together for 2 and a half years exactly when we got married, he moved here, to Ohio, after about a year and a half. We'll be married for a year next month. So, in answer to your question, yes they can work. But I also agree with others who've said that you should definitely meet the person and spend time getting to know them because it's way too easy to represent yourself as something else online. And long distance is tough, but it can be done, especially if it's the right person, it becomes very much *worth it.*
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Nobody who never tried ever got anything.
    Good when talking about relationships... bad when talking about STDs.
  • DixieDee22
    Options
    Of course it's possible as you feel the way you feel. Take it slow, meet up and see how you get along. Meet in a public place and tell a friend where and when - safety first kids!
  • Kirstyjem
    Kirstyjem Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes it's possible. That is all :heart:
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in a Yahoo chat room in the 90's. Who am I to rain on your MFP love parade?

FYI: he didn't send me any penis pics though...we didn't have digital cameras back in the day.
  • collegeboy13
    Options
    yeah its possible, in fact its probably even better than meeting on a dating site. less pressure, both just here to lose weight and look great
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    do you think he will fit in your macros? <wink wink nudge nudge>
  • Levibrayk
    Options
    HAHAHA! My co-worker just gave me the stink-eye. Worth it!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible... statistically speaking.. there is the probability factor... and then of course.....the other million things that make a relationship....

I adore a couple of my MFP friends.. and I find them attractive... but I wouldn't want to lose their friendship by getting involved.... PLUS they live 1000s of miles away !!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    good luck pal, all the ones I've tried with were ended up being married or disappeared for some other unknown woman.

my advice would be not to get in to deep until you meet them and try to do so sooner rather then later.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    yeah its possible, in fact its probably even better than meeting on a dating site. less pressure, both just here to lose weight and look great

it seems i couldn't get a date off of match.com if i paid a girl, i've had much better luck getting to know people on here an i think it has a lot to do with it NOT being a dating site.

almost seems like a woman isn't going to interact with you much from one of those sites unless you seem nearly perfect based on your BS profile
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    It is your reality.. what you perceive to be true... IS in YOUR realm... My go to quote is this... it may be puppy love but it's real to the puppy... chew on that for a while... THEN I always offer this.. anyone can be somebody else for 6 months... then they have to be themselves... SO...THEN there's the taste test...IE meeting in person... and the ol' chemistry check... I read not long ago.. taking the PILL alters a woman's sense of smell... therefore if she meets a man while ON the pill the chances of the relationship being successful are far less had she NOT disrupted her sense of smell... IF you want to gauge the chances of success.. have him send a shirt that he has worked out in... then let your nose decide.. after all we are still part of the animal kingdom.. and stink accounts for attraction...
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to meet someone on here and form a strong relationship with a member of the opposite sex. No, I don't think this is a dating site and no, this is not my first post. This is a second account I made just to ask this question and to hide my true identity. I ask because I think I maybe falling for one of my mfp friends and I think they feel the same.

♥♥♥♥ Yes, I do feel the same. ♥♥♥♥

OP: Is this the one? huh... HUH? Do tell! ;)
    I met my bf online and we've been happily together for almost 4 years. Like others said, go for it but tread lightly, and see what happens. Good luck!