Beware: Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person that doesn't like PB2. :ohwell:

I love the Smuckers Organic or All Natural, but the Target and Kroger brand all-natural versions are also really good. I LOVE peanut butter!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

You're not. I think it's disgusting. It's like eating chalk paste.

I don't hate it, but it is NOT replacement for peanut butter. I'd use it in smoothies to add flavor if I purchased again, but I would rather add a spoon of real actual peanut butter. I did last night and really 1 T of real PB made me "ice cream shake" super.
    I use chocolate PB in my smoothies so I bought the chocolate PB2 to save some calories, figuring it was just flavoring, anyway.

My smoothie was inedible.

I will take it :laugh: :laugh:

Put in extra protein first plz.
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB, all kinds - even PB2 (but only in protein shakes). And now I know why this thread is titled "Beware" - because I just retrieved the jar from my desk and now I'm in search of a SPOON!! :bigsmile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I love the Smuckers Organic or All Natural, but the Target and Kroger brand all-natural versions are also really good. I LOVE peanut butter!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I don't hate it, but it is NOT replacement for peanut butter. I'd use it in smoothies to add flavor if I purchased again, but I would rather add a spoon of real actual peanut butter. I did last night and really 1 T of real PB made me "ice cream shake" super.
    I use chocolate PB in my smoothies so I bought the chocolate PB2 to save some calories, figuring it was just flavoring, anyway.

You're welcome to it. I used about a tablespoon and still have the entire container. It's expensive so I'm having a hard time tossing it. lol

But I don't think you live near me. :-)
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Your title is confusing me OP. Why do we have to beware of PB? :huh:
  • MityMax96
    Options

You're welcome to it. I used about a tablespoon and still have the entire container. It's expensive so I'm having a hard time tossing it. lol

:sad: :sad: :sad:
    Don't toss it.....

Where are you??
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

:sad: :sad: :sad:
    Don't toss it.....

Where are you??
    Florida.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^THIS!
  • MityMax96
    Options

Cause you can't stop at one serving....
    no way, no how:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever organic, all-natural PB. Usually it is Nature's Promise brand.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

This is why I buy the jif to go packs - instant portion control. It is not the healthy peanut butter. I tried the healthy stuff, and frankly, there are some things I am willing to give up - but my sugar and salt laden peanut butter is not one of them.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Publix has fresh deli ground PB that's pretty good.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i don't think it really matters much (which brand you select) but I like adams all natural.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    the thread title scared me! i ate 6TBS of peanut butter last night.

i like teddy, but am currently rocking the hannaford generic natural organic one. i think its called natures place. now that i think about it, im not sure its organic. def natural though. i love that stuff.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    We prefer the generic/store brand PB that only includes peanuts & salt. Good stuff!!

However, I'm a PB fan and will eat any of it...creamy, crunchy, Jif, whatever...I like it all.

PB2 however, I was not impressed with at all. To me, it's an expensive, low calorie substance that you can either mix up to a weird consistency or stick in a smoothie and kind of vaguely *maybe* taste a peanut buttery flavor. Tastes like disappointment ;-) No thanks.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options

I usually eat more than 1 serving. I must be doing this all wrong. :sad:
  • MityMax96
    Options

I think I only stop when the jar is empty.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

This is why I buy the jif to go packs - instant portion control. It is not the healthy peanut butter. I tried the healthy stuff, and frankly, there are some things I am willing to give up - but my sugar and salt laden peanut butter is not one of them.

Agreed!

I like Jif's Natural PB but I just got some PB2 (the regular and chocolate kind) and going to give that a go. Don't expect it to be anything as good as real peanut butter, but real peanut butter triggers my migraines sometimes. I'm hoping with PB2 I can have more peanut butter-like stuff without the risk.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I think I only stop when the jar is empty.

Well, if you do, just realize that if you end up with some stomach issues, that doesn't automatically mean you are intolerant. It means you ate a whole jar of peanut butter. :laugh:
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    But a peanut isn't a nut. . .!
  • MityMax96
    Options
    But a peanut isn't a nut. . .!

Still sounds better than peabean or pealegume :tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: