Shallow--me? seriously?

Options
1235»

Replies

• nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    OP, you're gonna have a hard time finding a man your age who is in as good as shape as you.
    Date younger. :)

The women I see on the sites who are over 40 that seem irate over men they don't consider attractive contacting them (and complain about it on their profile) are shallow.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Shallow? I think not..eHarmony basis it on interests (those pesky 29 dimensions of compatibility) ..

Just because you have things in common doesn't make you like each other - that just means you could be friends..

So the deciding factor of whether or not someone is just a friend or a date is whether or not you're physically attracted to them? This is false. Attraction is a multi-faceted entity.
    The difference between a friend and a significant other is whether you want to have sex with that person. So, yeah, physical attraction kind of is the deciding factor.

There are men who I think are attractive but I'm not attracted TO them.

maybe it just comes with being old, but i've discovered that there are many ways that a woman could sexually excite me outside of what she looks like.

still, the less physically attracted i am to them the less likely it is to happen.

from some of the female responses, it almost seems like women have a definetive cut off line where a man simply is not attractive enough. for me its more of a spectrum, if this or that is in place, i can still be very into someone that isn't so easy on the eyes
    I don't think you understand what's being said. Physical attraction (in the real world, not online where you only have a photo) is of course more than just what a person looks like on the surface. But regardless, you have to have an attraction to the person in order for it to be a romantic relationship. It may be how the woman holds herself or how she talks or any number of subtle things beyond looks, but if there's no physical pull, there will not be a relationship. That would be weird and silly.

thats nice but the OP was about a dating site so thats what i responded to
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Just here for the entertainment

~sits back and grabs the popcorn~
  • lessbounce
    lessbounce Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've never been on line dating but if I'd have seen a photo of my husband no way would I have gone for him.(add to that our profiles wouldn't have match either). Yet we have had 12 good years and look forward to many more. I think you should try one date and see if there is any chemistry in person.
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Most of the relationships Ive been in, I was friends with or met thru someone and eventually fell for them. I wouldnt say that any of them except maybe one would be someone I would pick out of a room of guys if that was my choice. BUT when your on a dating website that is all you really have to go with, so no I dont think you are shallow. But hopefully your not being too picky because most guys I would pick off just looks end up being total douche bags...I believe you need to be attracted to them but I also think personality is way more important.