where do all you women lose weight first and last??

Options
124»

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    Boobs and back first, thighs dead last. I am currently a bit underweight (though still within a healthy BMI). You can count all my ribs and I have zero fat on my shoulders and back. But my legs are still dimpled.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I gain and lose pretty evenly- genetics blessed with me an hour glass shape and I've never gotten big enough to lose it. I did gain a few lbs this winter and was pleased they mostly went into my butt and boobs- snowboarding is good for the booty!
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I was reflecting further on this. There are places where I just have no fat, even when I am "fat" by BMI standards. My hands and feet for instance - I hvae NO subcutaneous fat on my hands, so you can see all all the ligaments and veins.

My mother is the exact same way, and one of my kids is. The other kid? Must have gotten her dad's hands because they're smooth and a little pudgy even.

Same with my neck and chest. I hear people talking about how their weight loss goal is "visible collarbones." Well, even at a BMI of 29, my entire collarbone is visible, even hollowed. WAY more prominent than a lot of people's "after" pictures.

Moral of the story? You can't control where fat goes on, or where it goes off.

Moral #2: There's a reason why sometimes, people will start to tell you that you've "lost too much weight" when you know from the scale that you haven't reached your goal -- and that's because they're looking at a different part of you than you might be. Your face and neck, your arms and wrists. Because we're a collection of features and weight loss affects them all differently.
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    kimikat91 wrote: »
    Hey you all..i was just curious where people start losing the fat first and last. I have a middle section problem and hoping that will go first..
    I have lost everywhere: legs, abs, waist, arms , face, even my boobs are almost disappearing.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I noticed it more in my wrists.my collar bone, legs, now hips and bottom.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Always lose from boobs, face, waist, arms and calves first.
    Hips and thighs go last.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    My eyes show it first, above the eyelids.

The last is that my upper arms and my knees seem to hold onto chubs a bit.
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    boobs first, &^%$# lower abdomen and thighs last. I can get pretty scrawny-looking on top, but my thighs and stomach will still be holding on to fat for dear life.