What Are You Enjoying About Losing Weight?

Options
I've only lost eight pounds so far and it seems to be taking forever, but when I had to stoop and crouch and sit on the floor the last few days to help look after my poorly little dog, I suddenly realised I could actually do it! No struggling, no having to think about it, just doing it. Bliss!

I have five stone left to go. Really can't wait for the feeling of a body that works and moves as I want and need it to.

So folks, what are you enjoying about your weight loss?

Replies

• andythecurefan
    andythecurefan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    my clothes fitting better/looser/need smaller clothes
  • missrobeena
    missrobeena Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Moreso than the actual weight loss, I love that I can run now. In high school I could run for about 30 seconds and needed 5 minutes to get my breath back. Now I'm able to alternate running for 3 minutes and walking for 2. That and seeing the results in my measurements make it all worth it.
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I've only lost eight pounds so far and it seems to be taking forever, but when I had to stoop and crouch and sit on the floor the last few days to help look after my poorly little dog, I suddenly realised I could actually do it! No struggling, no having to think about it, just doing it. Bliss!

I have five stone left to go. Really can't wait for the feeling of a body that works and moves as I want and need it to.

So folks, what are you enjoying about your weight loss?

so far i lost 10.9 lbs and 5.75 inches all around! I can tell my pants are getting a tad bit looser and im officially on my last notch on my belt! When you lose is slowly and at a good pace, you have a better chance of keeping it off!!
  • dazzlesangel
    dazzlesangel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I was overweight, I struggled to walk home from work (I have a 10-15 minute walk), as it's slightly uphill, sometimes it was so bad that I was convinced I had heart problems or asthma, or that it was because of my age. Also while at work if I needed to go upstairs and used the stairs, I had to rest halfway up and wouldn't be able to talk for a few minutes once I got up there, and it's only 2 floors! However now that I've lost 51 pounds I can not only walk for miles, but I can run all the way up the stairs at work if I want to and barely get out of breath. I also like the fact that I look good in much smaller clothes, whereas before I looked like a sack of spuds no matter what I wore and was very depressed about it, and I love all the positive comments about my weight loss.
  • MaryHuckleberry
    MaryHuckleberry Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Because I am consuming much less sugar I'm not longer having to get up in the middle of the night to pee! Yay!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    My favorite is being able to really stretch after a good workout! I like being able to do a butterfly stretch to the point that I can put my forehead on my toes and my knees are pushed down. I have a tiny friend that weighs a hundred pounds less than me and she can't do this. I have found that as I lose more weight I am able to deepen the stretch and hold it for longer and I love it!
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Buying smaller clothes. I don't have to shop in the plus size section anymore. It's like a whole new world has opened up to me.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Buying smaller clothes. I don't have to shop in the plus size section anymore. It's like a whole new world has opened up to me.

Yes, this. I still find myself looking at sizes bigger than I need though. Then I'll stop and think "wait a minute, I am not that size anymore."

Other things:

- no more restaurant booth dread
    - no more hoping coworkers do not hold the door for me because I want to avoid having a conversation as I huff and puff up the stairs
    - more flexible
    - no more feeling hot all the time
    - plain old feeling better/healthier/stronger
    - liking what I see in the mirror
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Definitely being able to wear almost anything now! Taking decent pictures without having to try so hard... It can be exhausting being a lady!!! And I love being able to make the bed without getting winded and have to sit down. Daily life is more enjoyable... time with my husband is more enjoyable...

Every second of the pain, discouragement from others, hateful words and everything else that comes with this journey, was worth it. I only wish I had done it sooner, even though I have less people in my life now than I did then.... Ironic huh :laugh:
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    loving the energy, having clothes fit, and being able to do things easier than before.
    and at the risk of sounding like a dbag here: the women.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    1. That I don't have to worry about my size. I went on a zip line recently and didn't even give a thought to whether the harness would fit or if the line would hold me. The person I was with was very concerned that the harness wouldn't fit her and I realized that I hadn't even given it a though. I felt bad for her but it did feel good to realize that it wasn't even an issue anymore.

2. My husband's reaction to the "upgrades to the playground" shall we say. :blushing:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Going out for a 10K walk and feeling great after instead of feeling like I've been run through the wringer.
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    More energy, I don't dread getting off the couch to do chores anymore.
    Smaller clothes
    Having more self confidence
    My double chin is almost completely gone
    My chin not being swallowed up by my boobs when I lay on my back lol
    Boobs not as big yay!
    Looking down and seeing my feet not just my huge stomach
    Not sweating as much or gasping for breath when hiking
    Family members telling me how proud they are
    Not feeling depressed and hating myself anymore
    Don't feel like people are staring at me just because I'm so fat!
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    The energy, the muscle soreness (Means I did it right), the comparison pics from ages ago, the dedication.

dislike: time use. Its what stopped me so many times ago and I'd really like not to quit when I start uni on September, problem is that its going to be my toughest one yet.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    It was exhilarating in Nov 2013 when the scale no longer started with a 2.
    I love being in 1derland.
    The compliments from my trainer and support group.
    I ran my first 5k on July 26th.
    No more plus size clothes.
    When I drive I can now see part of the seat.
    Awesome energy
    Last but not least I beat my kids doing the most push-ups.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I definitely enjoy the fact that I have my mobility back again. Getting around was becoming a major chore, especially getting out of bed in the morning. I'm also enjoying the positive feedback that I've gotten from the people who know me. :)
  • nesto610
    nesto610 Posts: 107
    Options
    I enjoy the new view of my penis, it looks FANTASTIC!!!
  • ChristinaCCRN
    ChristinaCCRN Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lol....

Mine would be actually enjoying my summer and wearing a bathing suit. I still have a ways to go but I'm in a better place than I was this time a year ago.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Finding clothes to wear in the morning is easier. I also like more pictures of myself now, where I used to dread seeing myself in photos.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying the energy, the flexibility, the endurance. The only hard part is that I keep having to buy new clothes!