What Are You Enjoying About Losing Weight?

Options

Replies

• thinsports
    Options
    Even after just a little over a week (Im only weighing myself once a month so I have no proof of actual weightloss) I can run a mile without stopping whereas a week ago I had to take a breather after about 100 yards. Also, my shorts are not as tight around my thighs and my boob overflow has already vanished from my bra cups. I've also lost half an inch off of each thigh and 3/4 of and inch of my bust and waist! I don't have to weigh in to know I am making progress :).

P.s anyone wanna be friends?
  • Adohi
    Adohi Posts: 2
    Options
    I just joined MFP yesterday and this is the BEST post to read! I love reading all your posts. I joined already having lost 19 pounds, which has been very, very up and down. I finally, truly bottomed out a few weeks ago.
    What I love about losing weight:
    Feeling stronger - workouts are better and daily living/chores are easier.
    Feeling better when I look in the mirror
    I am solidifying the good habits I used to have
    I WANT to work out each day!

Please keep these positive posts coming!!
  • fryebootgirl
    fryebootgirl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying the sense of accomplishment! No more excuses..I'm just doing it for once! I love watching my logging streak add up one day at a time and the number on the scale move down one pound at a time, although it's moving a little slower than I would like. I also love watching the numbers on the tape measure get smaller and smaller. I also had to buy smaller scrubs for work this week!! :)
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I can now run for 2 hours + at a time...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Getting out of the house
    Going shopping and other errands without getting tired
    Not limiting what and how much I buy because I have to be able to haul it up to my second floor apartment.
    Finding and wearing clothes in my closet that I haven't worn in years.

Having my doctor tell me she wishes all of her patients were like me

Having my Psy D tell me that she is thrilled to pieces that I am in a better place than I have been in the 12 years she has been treating me, both physically and mentally, and she is no longer concerned that I am going to check out on her.
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,314 Member
    Options
    I am enjoying:
    1. Getting off of all of my diabetes meds after 12 years and having normal glucose readings-today was 91-woot!
    2. ENERGY-wow, oh wow and after only losing 1/4 of what I want to-thanks LCHF!
    3. Happy mood and a general continuous feeling of well being-I am always upbeat now again thanks LCHF!
    4. No more IBS, GERD, aches and creaky pains thanks to ditching ALL grains.
    5. Normal sleep and, miracle of miracles, I am a natural early bird now after decades of 1-4 am bedtimes and 10-1:00 risings-that was from ditching the grains.
    6. No more flatulence or bouts of diarrhea thanks to ditching milk and all conventional dairy-I switched to raw grass-fed and only the high fat products like cream and butter.
    7. My pure whole clean food-I switched our household to all fresh or frozen organic produce (pesticides/herbicides connected to obesity), only wild caught seafood and none from China or the Atlantic because of pollution, only grass-fed pastured beef, bison, pork, chickens, turkeys, lamb, eggs...I buy almost everything (meats included) at my local farmer's markets or directly from the farmers. www.eatwild.com is a great place to find someone near you. After an increase to "gear up" with some food changes, our food bill is now the same and so much better! Dropping expensive processed cereals, BPA laden canned goods (I buy things like POM brand tomatoes in cartons or glass jars) etc... offsets the 25% increase in meat prices, the farmers are more reasonably priced than the grocery stores for produce plus you end up with a streamlined pantry and freezer though your refrigerator overflows, lol.
    8. Satisfaction and full enjoyment of my food without sugar and lots of flavorful fats. The flavor burst after your taste-buds regenerate (2 weeks or so) when you ditch processed food and sugar that gum up the works (you won't want them on LCHF), is astounding and continues to improve. This has led to much deeper food enjoyment and satisfaction plus lots of new food experiences. I cook so this has been a fun lasting kitchen experiment.
    9. Satisfaction! Knowing now that I don't have to think twice about what I reach for in my kitchen because everything is a good choice. No guilt or angst over what a food will do to my glucose readings, my family, nothing. It is so liberating!
    10. Losing weight and fitting into ever smaller clothes. FINALLY I will get to experience what being slender and fit feels like for the first time since puberty and I am now 51.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

I feel like im finally in control of my body for the first time in my life. With the knowledge i now have of nutrition and exercise i have no doubts that i can reach any health or fitness goal that i set my mind to (within reason). beforehand it just felt like i was pissing in circles making zero progress no matter what i did because i was doing it all wrong

This is an excellent one! I totally agree. It actually makes me feel kind of sad when I think about how hard I worked to lose my first 45 lb before I discovered this website and learned how to eat at a deficit and other things I have learned about nutrition, exercise, and weight loss. I used to really suffer eating cucumbers for lunch and walking 'til I thought I'd pass out, only to have minimal results...now it is easy by comparison and that makes me feel so empowered!!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I enjoy how I am looking. I really enjoy all those women who pay no mind before coming out of no where giving attention now.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Moving to medium size in shirts, and actually having the confidence to wear them outside. Especially in summer, when you can't really cover up with coats etc.
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Seeing my reflection or shadow or a picture and actually wondering who that fit person was !
    Great feeling

This! I love that I actually look good in my running gear (which is now Lycra shorts and vests rather than baggy joggers and T-shirts) and I quite enjoy running past shop windows and admiring my sporty reflection ;)
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Getting my life back

Seeing improvements in my fitness & stamina

Having a wider selection of clothes stores that sell my size

No longer being the fattast/heaviest person amongst my friends & family

Sleeping better at night

No longer being stared at or shouted at in the street

The friends I've made at the gym

Being in control of my body

Not having to check the weight limits on furniture before buy or sitting on it

The fact that people ask me how I've lost the weight & they're inspired to try it themselves

This website

Improved mobility

My ability to say no thank you, or know when enough is enough

My improved diet

..... To be honest I could keep on going, but I really don't think I need to....!!

xXx
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I secretly enjoyed banging by chin, on my rather large and prominent clavicles :)
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    The energy! Oh my goodness. I was never one who could sit still for long, but now I feel like a bouncy ball.

Eating what I crave. Thanks to MFP, I still eat all of the things that I like in smaller portions.

Compliments from friends and colleagues.

The small wins. Moving to another notch on my belt, ordering smaller shirts, fitting comfortably in booth seats at restaurants.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Moving to medium size in shirts, and actually having the confidence to wear them outside. Especially in summer, when you can't really cover up with coats etc.

This too. This summer is the first in many years that I've worn tank tops.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I enjoy having more energy. I am less lazy.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm enjoying not just the extra energy, but the motivation to get out there and do things.

I love that I can run for an hour and not be totally wiped after.

Loving that I can order clothes from catalogs and not worry about whether or not they'll fit, or having to 'guess' on which styles and sizes would work best to hide the unsightly parts.

I love that I understand how to STAY thin, thanks to MFP...

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the realization that those heavier folks who are gasping for air after a flight or three of stairs are gasping because they're carrying around extra weight. I can't imagine running a 5K while carrying a 50 pound bag of rice. I'd croak. Makes me really proud of people who are overweight and get out there and move (I didn't really start exercising until I'd lost substantial weight... I wish I hadn't waited). I guess it boils down to the realization that people are absolutely amazing. And awesome.... So I guess, in a long diatribe, I really like the KNOWLEDGE I've gained while losing weight this time.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    there are a ton of reasons why i have enjoyed being less fat (energy, self esteem, strength, speed, endurance ect.), but as for the actual process of losing weight itself;

I feel like im finally in control of my body for the first time in my life. With the knowledge i now have of nutrition and exercise i have no doubts that i can reach any health or fitness goal that i set my mind to (within reason). beforehand it just felt like i was pissing in circles making zero progress no matter what i did because i was doing it all wrong

Absolutely this ^!! I feel like I've learned more in the last year about nutrition and fitness than I did in the 25 years of my life preceding it.

At the end of the day, I just FEEL so much better in every aspect of my life.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    there are a ton of reasons why i have enjoyed being less fat (energy, self esteem, strength, speed, endurance ect.), but as for the actual process of losing weight itself;

Absolutely this ^!! I feel like I've learned more in the last year about nutrition and fitness than I did in the 25 years of my life preceding it.

At the end of the day, I just FEEL so much better in every aspect of my life.

Ditto. There's nothing like 'believing there's no way you can' turning into 'of course I can'. Sometimes I think I've just hit on the magic formula for weightloss, it's that simple. Simple not being easy of course - I stil struggle a lot, but knowing where I'm going astray is half the battle. (Knowing what to do about it is most of the other half...)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    The difference in my physical ability is unbelievable. I just love that I can do so much more than I ever could when I was heavier. (See: profile pic) Everything else about weight loss just pales in comparison.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    1. Wearing clothes that I could not wear before
    2. The overall boost to my self-esteem from knowing that I'm at least doing something to try and address a long term issue in my life (my weight). I feel better about myself; more confident.
    3. My sister and a friend at work recently started using MFP when they saw the (modest) success I've had.

Thanks for asking : )