Are Quest Bars magic?

Options

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I just placed an order, and wasn't able to get free shipping like I usually do. So now I paid too much $2.22 each.

Amazon. They are the same price as the Quest website ($24.99 a box) and free shipping if you have prime or spend over $35

Well, I don't have Prime, but I probably should have.
  • derik999
    derik999 Posts: 73
    Options
    I take them to work. I get em' at GNC where there's usually a buy 2 get 1 free type thing. Not sure if they are "magic" but they make calorie counting easier and I find them filling.
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    They lie about how many carbs are in there. I'm diabetic, so I know these things.

notsureifsrs
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I just placed an order, and wasn't able to get free shipping like I usually do. So now I paid too much $2.22 each.

Amazon. They are the same price as the Quest website ($24.99 a box) and free shipping if you have prime or spend over $35

Or just buy 2 boxes at a time to get the free shipping.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I get mine from GNC (buy 3 get 1 free) at the member price, and it gets quite costly. They also go right through me thanks to the amount of fibre. Great for anyone who doesn't get enough fibre though, and they taste amazing. I normally get the Pure Protein brand from Walmart, cheaper for a box of 6 and a decent amount of protein.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options

Well, I always get enough nowadays. I just bought 36 bars/4 boxes.

I have heard that they are not as fresh when you get them someplace other than directly from Quest, though.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    They are "magically delicious"... :glasses:

Not a day goes by I don't stuff one in my face. Truth. :drinker:

only one? :laugh: :laugh: I eat 2 a day, but I'm fat. :drinker:
  • uraniavanyo
    uraniavanyo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like them before a workout, but not as a meal or snack otherwise.. the chocolate ones are good nuked for 15sec almost like a brownie.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Well, I always get enough nowadays. I just bought 36 bars/4 boxes.

I have heard that they are not as fresh when you get them someplace other than directly from Quest, though.

They are perfectly fresh (at least the ones I have bought were)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

There's definitely 2-a-day days! That's when I feel like a real addict. You did NOT call yourself FAT LOL So based on this progress pic... they very well could be "magical".

This is the perfect infomercial pic for Quest bars. "Here's what happens when you have 2 a day!"
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I break out in zits and get gassy eating those guys. Which sucks, hardcore. Because they do have really nice macros, and good ingredients. Plus they taste nice. So yea, if anyone notices their skin getting worse whilst eating Quest bars, you may have a dairy intolerance like moi.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

There's definitely 2-a-day days! That's when I feel like a real addict. You did NOT call yourself FAT LOL So based on this progress pic... they very well could be "magical".

This is the perfect infomercial pic for Quest bars. "Here's what happens when you have 2 a day!"

oh you like what I did there eh? :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh:
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing everyone talking about Quest bars and I'm always tempted to find out if they really are as good as so many seem to think. But living out in the boonies, nowhere I know stocks them, And any of the other protein bars I have tried, I've not been that impressed with either the taste/texture or the calorie/carb numbers.
    I'm loathe to buy a box of 24 in case I don't like them.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing everyone talking about Quest bars and I'm always tempted to find out if they really are as good as so many seem to think. But living out in the boonies, nowhere I know stocks them, And any of the other protein bars I have tried, I've not been that impressed with either the taste/texture or the calorie/carb numbers.

They still taste like how you'd expect a protein bar would. People like them because they are moderate cal for being high protein and (maybe) low net carbs. The majority of better priced protein bars have a lot of calories, sugar and fat due to them being used for bulking lifters.
  • SinCityFit
    Options
    I still have 17 at home and I just placed another order of 72. I need help lol I love them for post-workout and snacks. Tons of protein and low in calories, delicious, and filling. I paid $130 shipped through eBay so that's $1.81 per bar. My gym charges $3 each.

For me it's worth it. I find them absolutely fantastic. I have tasted and loved every single flavor.

I've eaten none... two a day... four a day.... every single day .... Just absolutely love them. I just fit them into my calories. Since I always get 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, they help get up there and also have some carbs which I want after a workout.
  • SinCityFit
    Options

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quest-Bar-/121400674380?pt=US_Dietary_Supplements_Nutrition&var=&hash=item1c440b484c

$2.59 each + 99 cents shipping (I'm not the seller).

Direct from Quest:

http://www.questnutrition.com/protein-bars/ (single ones at the bottom)
    $2.39 per bar but they do charge $4.95 shipping for even one making one $7.34 .

Favorites:

I started to type all 16 flavors. Nevermind lol
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not a huge protein bar lover in general so when I first tried the Quest bars I bought a bunch of singles so that I could try them. And I actually wrote down which ones I liked and didn't. Scary right? Haha. But seriously, some of them I really like and some were horrific.
    I get that some people won't like them or find them too expensive - that totally makes sense. But they help me get through the day and I've recently found my wife pilfering the chocolate brownie and cinnamon roll bars on her way out the door for work.... :-)
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I still have 17 at home and I just placed another order of 72. I need help lol I love them for post-workout and snacks. Tons of protein and low in calories, delicious, and filling. I paid $130 shipped through eBay so that's $1.81 per bar. My gym charges $3 each.

For me it's worth it. I find them absolutely fantastic. I have tasted and loved every single flavor.

I've eaten none... two a day... four a day.... every single day .... Just absolutely love them. I just fit them into my calories. Since I always get 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, they help get up there and also have some carbs which I want after a workout.

Glad I'm not the only one that is like this!! I had one today but on Sunday I had 4!!! I spaced them out thru out the day. I have a iron colon so they don't bother me at all lol
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not a huge protein bar lover in general so when I first tried the Quest bars I bought a bunch of singles so that I could try them. And I actually wrote down which ones I liked and didn't. Scary right? Haha. But seriously, some of them I really like and some were horrific.
    I get that some people won't like them or find them too expensive - that totally makes sense. But they help me get through the day and I've recently found my wife pilfering the chocolate brownie and cinnamon roll bars on her way out the door for work.... :-)

So, which ones were horrific ?

Thanks SinCity, I might go mad and buy a couple.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options

So, which ones were horrific ?

Thanks SinCity, I might go mad and buy a couple.

Highly personal of course, but I thought the Strawberry Cheesecake ones tasted just like vomit. Also not in love with the chocolate peanut butter. Others may love those flavors but not me.