Are Quest Bars magic?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• markink81
    markink81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    They seem a bit too god to be true. I bought a bunch recently on sale and love them, but I'm having a hard time believing they're really that high in protein and fiber, and good for you. Anyone know if they've got any dirty little secrets to make them to healthy?

I'm considering eating them daily if they live up to the hype. What's your experience?

Yep they are good! Use them quite often when I want to satisfy my sweet tooth without sacrificing nutritional value. I like the White Chocolate Raspberry and Double Chocolate Chunk. As far as any dirty little secrets the only thing I know about is there fiber count has a pending lawsuit brought on them. You can investigate further by reading this...http://blog.questnutrition.com/fiber-count/
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Okay I read this post a couple weeks ago and didn't think anything of it. Now...I've been eating Quest bars and think I have a problem. I tend to get addicted to bars because I don't cook so I will probably eat one every morning for the next 2 years until I move on to something else. Ugh.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    They seem a bit too god to be true. I bought a bunch recently on sale and love them, but I'm having a hard time believing they're really that high in protein and fiber, and good for you. Anyone know if they've got any dirty little secrets to make them to healthy?

I'm considering eating them daily if they live up to the hype. What's your experience?

Yep they are good! Use them quite often when I want to satisfy my sweet tooth without sacrificing nutritional value. I like the White Chocolate Raspberry and Double Chocolate Chunk. As far as any dirty little secrets the only thing I know about is there fiber count has a pending lawsuit brought on them. You can investigate further by reading this...http://blog.questnutrition.com/fiber-count/

Apparently the suit has been dropped because the testing methods showing lower fiber were faulty.
  • hebronc28
    hebronc28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars. I've only tried Cookies and Cream and I'm addicted! I wish they didn't cost so much!
  • rachelilly
    Options
    Just tried my first bar I didn't like. Cinnamon roll. Some of you people like that?!

I think I'll stick mostly with the chocolate ones.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Never had 1 I don't think Im missing anything :) Im just not a big fan of protein bars-candybars
  • jelkins2000
    jelkins2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    They lie about how many carbs are in there. I'm diabetic, so I know these things.
    Considering it spikes blood sugar like a candy bar, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. My blood sugar was very high (like 300's) so I went on a low calorie diet that involved eating a quest bar every day (some days 2). My blood sugar went to normal levels within a week.

And I'm going to have to argue that your blood sugar likely didn't go from being in the 300s down to normal range within a week just by eating a low calorie diet. Lowering your blood sugar when you are diabetic requires more than lowering caloric intake (i.e. Metformin, insulin, exercise, and a healthy diet).

I don't know the science behind it, but my main argument was that quest bars did not spike my blood sugar. I can't really speak for anyone else.

All I can say is that my blood sugar ranged from 250 - 300. After one week of a low calorie diet my blood sugar dropped to around 120. Within 2 weeks it dropped to around 95 and by the 3rd week it was in the 80's. I ate around 120 carbs a day, which yes, did involve quest bars.