Options

Replies

• chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!
  • mylossisgain
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work, you look great!! At one point I had lost 50 lbs, then I've gained a few back so I'm getting help from a personal trainer. I too have big arms, and the best thing I've done is work them, work them, and work them! I tend to have "bat wings", so working my triceps has really helped quite a bit. It's also helpful to do exercises like pushups with your arms closer in, this will work multiple muscles & hit your arms.

My trainer told me that working your deltoid (shoulder) is actually the key to making your arms look much better because it will create the depression between the shoulder & tricep/bicep. So many people focus on tricep & bicep, but it's the shoulder that really makes a difference in looks.
  • haldanedanielle
    Options
    Wow! Good Job! You look amazing!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Yowza..... You are beautiful. Thanks for inspiring the rest of us on this journey.. Pretty, pretty, :drinker:
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! You look wonderful!
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! You should be very proud. You don't look like you should lose 50 more lbs.
  • sarahjanescobie
    sarahjanescobie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great. well done
  • pltjess
    pltjess Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Omg you look beautiful and like a totally new person!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    My start weight was 300 pounds! I am now down to 180 and hope to lose another 50 pounds or so. I am 5'3 and feel that 130 would be a healthy weight for me
    Wow! You look pretty good already. Your face has changed a lot.
    According to BMI http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf 130 is in a healthy weight range for you, so an entirely reasonable goal.
    also started to use Herbalife! I love it but I don't always do just shakes, but it does help to lose weight!
    Stay away from herbalife!!! Bad news.
    Yes, it puts you at a calorie deficit, but you can do that more healthfully & cheaper by eating real food.

Here's some info about herbalife: http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
    Notice under "recent information", the article titled "Significant Lead Levels Found in Herbalife Products"?
    And please read the 2 links under "journal articles", where they review cases of liver failure, some deaths, linked to using herbalife.

Save your money, save your health: don't use herbalife!
    (And whatever you do, don't become a distributer! It's a MLM scam.)
    I am trying hard to stay way from bread and pasta.
    Why? They're good for you, just don't go overboard.
    Have whole-wheat bread (Brownberry is my favorite) and whole-wheat pasta (Ronzoni is widely available), in reasonable portions.
    Or plan ahead so you can have an unreasonable portion once in a while. :happy:
    If anyone has any tips on how to lose the fat in my arms please share!!!
    The only way is to lose fat all over. As I've lost my 42 lb so far, I've lost 2" off each bicep & 1" off each forearm.
    Because I'm also doing weightlifting, I'm starting to see muscles peeking out from under the receding fat.
    If you're going to do tricep dips, also do bicep curls. Work both sides of the body to stay balanced.
    Wow! I am 5'4" (on a good day) and 180 is exactly my goal weight.
    At that height, a healthy weight range is 110 - 140. http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf
    At 180 you'd still be in the obese range, not even overweight.
  • MrsAuset
    Options
    awesome very proud of you.. how did you manage to stay focused?
  • MsMaleficent
    Options
    Wow. Well done, you look fantastic.
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow. Fantastic job, and you look great! :bigsmile:
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    great job :smile:
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    You look lovely! Healthy and happy...but you were most definitely a beautiful before picture too!

Not sure where your last 50lbs will come from, but congrats on keeping some boobage. :bigsmile:
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Amazing job!

I've found free weight exercises to help with dealing with upper arm jiggle.
  • citalk2much
    citalk2much Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! WTG
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Beautiful before and after, but you look so happy and healthy now! Amazing work :)
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    congrats :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: you are an inspiration to me....slow and steady wins the race ...can i add you as a friend......
  • rachdun
    rachdun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • raestanke
    raestanke Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!