Robbin Wiliams Dead?!

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Depression is hard. Some people can realize that they are to the point of suicide and get help... and some cannot.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    'From the moment we enter crying t-to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.'
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Wow, last person I would think that would take his life. So sad.

Really!?

I was not a bit surprised. He struggled with emotional issues and addiction, and seemed like the exact type I'd expect that to happen to...I am sad that he was hurting so much. He was a great entertainer.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Depression doesn't discriminate and can hide well...
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    His ability to make horrible pain hilarious is one of the reasons I like him so much. This routine on his addiction is one of my all-time favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpGtgZw5Z_U
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    It appears that he took the cowards way out, anyone who takes his/her life and leaves children behind is a POS I don't care who you are. He obviously had the ability to seek help but apparently didn't.
    I feel for his children.

"cowards way out"

no
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    sad to know that someone who brought so many people joy through humour, was so sad inside.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Depression is hard. Some people can realize that they are to the point of suicide and get help... and some cannot.

This is so true. It's easy to say we would never do something like this to hurt the family we leave behind - but for myself - I have never experienced the despair that might push someone to feel this is the only way out of the pain. Only those who have will ever know.

Mental illness is still so misunderstood.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    However, I'll continue to remember him fondly and for all the laughs he gave everyone in the world.
    This.... says it all
  • babbyb1
    babbyb1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I feel for his family and close friends. To endure a loss is one thing, but to endure one when the death could have been prevented is another.
  • LesliemarieAZ
    LesliemarieAZ Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Unless you've ever dealt with this disease (which it is), then you really shouldn't be judging or thinking you're better than anyone. You obviously have no idea at all what it is like to live like this. It's a debilitating, life-sucking disease, like cancer. Boo on you for being this type of person.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    He was a part of my childhood. I am deeply saddened to hear the news.:frown:
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Loved him so much
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

This is so true. It's easy to say we would never do something like this to hurt the family we leave behind - but for myself - I have never experienced the despair that might push someone to feel this is the only way out of the pain. Only those who have will ever know.

Mental illness is still so misunderstood.

It really is... and it's so stigmatized... I know people personally that suffer from depression or BPD... it's not easy for anyone. A person suffering from depression can be just fine one day and spiral out of control to the point of depression and suicide in an apparent instant.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Mind Blown. He Will be Missed
  • LesliemarieAZ
    LesliemarieAZ Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Slow down a bit there, folks. If you've been through this then you should be familiar with the anger. I'd be lying if I didn't say that there is a part of me that feels pretty much exactly like the above. That's the part of me that's been through this with family members.

I think it's ok to be angry, but be angry at the illness instead of judging the person going through it. Anyone that has ever had suicidal thoughts can tell you how out of control it can be. And judgmental people like the guy calling Robin a POS only make it harder to deal with.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options

Slow down a bit there, folks. If you've been through this then you should be familiar with the anger. I'd be lying if I didn't say that there is a part of me that feels pretty much exactly like the above. That's the part of me that's been through this with family members.

I think it's ok to be angry, but be angry at the illness instead of judging the person going through it. Anyone that has ever had suicidal thoughts can tell you how out of control it can be. And judgmental people like the guy calling Robin a POS only make it harder to deal with.

He is a POS, he took the easy way out for him, and left his children behind.
    His family now have to live their lives with more unanswered questions that most will ever understand.
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Another favorite from my childhood dead :'(. RIP
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I grew up on Mork & Mindy. I'm having trouble with this.