I need f-ing SUGAR!!!!!!!!!

Options
It's 1:30, I'm banging my head off of my desk because I'm so tired. I have realized that in my pop I used to drink, I was not addicted to the caffiene, I was hardcore addicted to the sugar. That is what kept me going.

Black tea is not cutting the mustard. Are there any other suggestions to keep me going?

I've gotten up and walked around, I slept pretty good last night. I had a protien laden lunch with some veggies. I grabbed a half of a bagel at the meeting this morning....
It's not just today, when I do this, I sit here and DIE for sugar.... what do you do?

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I use artificial sweeteners.

If it's the actual sugar you're dying for, any sugar and possibly any carb should do it. Have an apple? If it's not that, then it's just habit and you just think you need it, possibly.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Uhh, Chocolate?

Rigger
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Realistically, the only thing that has cut my sugar cravings is going low carb, high fat, moderate protein. It's wonderful to be free of those cravings.
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    Keep your mind occupied with something else? When I feel that way I download a game to my phone that will challenge my mind. One where I actually have to think.

Sounds basic but keeps my mind off food. I can watch tv or read and still think of food. Those things are too low-impact on my brain. :)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't restrict sugar unless for a medical reason. I am not going to get into a pissing contest over sugar but if I want sugar then I damn well will eat some of it.
  • sonyaluv77
    sonyaluv77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It usually takes me about a week to let go of the sugar cravings. Day before yesterday I was falling asleep at my desk, also while driving, in the middle of the afternoon. I hadn't realized that earlier that day I ate a bunch of marshmallows and I was crashing. Hang in there. I don't have any different suggestions, just that if you stick with it, it will eventually pass. But I feel your pain!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Why not have some in moderation?....unless for medical reasons.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Add more fats and oils to your day.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Have sugar.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Think about where you are in your monthly cycle. I know that affects things for me sometimes. And here's how to help yourself....if you can fit it in your daily goals, just go get a pop!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a bottle of pure caffiene and a reliable scale that can measure mg. I put 120-150mg of caffiene in my tea and it keeps me going all day, no sugar needed.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Fruit? I like apples for sweet cravings.

What about diet soda?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I prefer my sugar to be celibate.

But seriously,
    If you want sugar and don't have a medical reason to avoid it, eat the sugar. Just keep it in proportion to the rest of your foods and don't let it nudge out your micros or take up too much room in your macros.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Stock up on fruits! See if that helps with your sugar craving. At least that will be from a natural nutrious source.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Eat some fruit.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Then have some sugar FFS - it's not gonna kill you.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If I don't get enough iron or potassium, I get really tired.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Fruit - it has the sugar you're craving but also has lots of other nutrients.

There's also nothing wrong with a sugary treat as long as you're meeting your macros and within your calories. Sugar isn't evil. The only reason to be restrictive is if you have a medical reason to (such as diabetes)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Eat fruit.