I need f-ing SUGAR!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had the Brookside Dark Chocolate Pomegranates? These are awesome and you don't have to go the full 16 pieces at 170 cals. I usually break out 4 and take that as my sweet tooth snack.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I prefer my sugar to be celibate.

But seriously,
    If you want sugar and don't have a medical reason to avoid it, eat the sugar. Just keep it in proportion to the rest of your foods and don't let it nudge out your micros or take up too much room in your macros.

Celibate sugar? Where's the fun in that? :wink:

But yeah, eat some candy or something. Count it in your calories. You'll be fine.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Then have some sugar FFS - it's not gonna kill you.

This...drink a coke/pepsi whatever if you want it...holy girl.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't restrict sugar unless for a medical reason. I am not going to get into a pissing contest over sugar but if I want sugar then I damn well will eat some of it.

yes
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I personally have one soda per day, at lunch, and it lasts til I leave for the day. No way I would make it through that afternoon slump without it. I work it into my daily plan.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Realistically, the only thing that has cut my sugar cravings is going low carb, high fat, moderate protein. It's wonderful to be free of those cravings.
    I'm getting there, but it's the getting there that's trying my patience. :)
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating dark chocolate at or above 72% or munch on some berries (blue, black, straw)? With berries you can load up if need be. Low glycemic sugar crave killers those little berries are IMO. Good luck to you!
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    It's 1:30, I'm banging my head off of my desk because I'm so tired. I have realized that in my pop I used to drink, I was not addicted to the caffiene, I was hardcore addicted to the sugar. That is what kept me going.

Black tea is not cutting the mustard. Are there any other suggestions to keep me going?

I've gotten up and walked around, I slept pretty good last night. I had a protien laden lunch with some veggies. I grabbed a half of a bagel at the meeting this morning....
    It's not just today, when I do this, I sit here and DIE for sugar.... what do you do?

Nothing wrong with a little sugar with your lunch. The glucose will hit your bloodstream right away, and by the time that starts to wear off the rest of your lunch should be upping your blood sugar.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    A dietician told me once that to get rid of really intense craving, you take a raw spoon of what you are craving. For example, if you are craving sugar, you litterally take a spoon of sugar. It's supposed to kill the craving instantly... I don't remember how she explained it, but it will tell your brain you're into overload and the craving will stop.

I never tried it. But every time I crave sugar or salt, I just picture myself eating that spoonfull and that does the trick!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    If you can't fit 1 soda a day into your calories then you need to try harder. I fit a beer or two in. Life sucks without a moderate amount of things we like. Of course, your carbs could be generally too low too. Something to consider.
  • ghop3
    ghop3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have never cut out sugar and I am doing pretty good... Best of Luck
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    *throws chocolate and runs*
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Why not have some in moderation?....unless for medical reasons.

This :smile:

10 peanut M n M's usually do the trick for me and they're a good size. 100 cals.
  • farmers_daughter
    Options
    No medical reasons, but it's one of those that if I have a pop (or whatever today) I'll likely do it again tomorrow, making it harder to keep it in moderation. I have a really hard time with moderation. :(

Where can one get this vial of caffiene??? LOL.

And picturing a whole spoon of sugar omg.... yes that makes it a little less unappealing.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    crystal light helps me
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't restrict sugar unless for a medical reason. I am not going to get into a pissing contest over sugar but if I want sugar then I damn well will eat some of it.

Sugar is in quite a few things that I like...including my coffee, ice cream, cake, cheese cake, but also bananas, apples, plums, peaches(mmm), cherries, etc...

If you want you're coffee with sugar, drink it. Just track it. Measure what you add. You can even make it a "my food" if you have it the same way every time.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I also use a calcium chew, both for the calcium and mine are 15 cals a piece and tricks my brain into thinking it is having a dessert lol
  • farmers_daughter
    Options
    *throws chocolate and runs*
    :heart: :heart: Don't run!!!! I'm only gonna bite the chocolate! - Just keep your fingers back... K. LOL!!!