Kangoo Jumps?? Worth the price??

Options

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Could see how they would make it easier on your joints.

you could say there is a risk of ankle injury, falling, etc... but i don't see that as being any more risky then strapping on roller skates for the first time.

seems like your approaching it correctly too, something to add some fun, not like your expecting some miricle out of them, seems like your in pretty good shape as it is anyway
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Well I read that it is actually very low impact and better on your joints. I am interested in it.

Here's a question then:

How often will you be able to use them? If they're as expensive as someone said (i didn't look up the price, just Googled what the heck they were :laugh: ) and you're not going to use them that often then maybe think of putting that money towards something else like a gym membership. Where I live it wouldn't be a good investment 1) I live on a dirt road 2) it starts to get cold outside beginning of October (we have had freak snow storms in October as well) and stays cold until mid May.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    There are much cheaper ways to look silly in public.

19-for-3-Kangoo-Jumps-Classes-by-Andrea-at-Golds-Gym-Wellington-St.-South-London-a-45-Value_.jpg
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Wow, these look fun! Your own personal trampoline-ish shoes! It is pricey though. If you were to commit to it, like the gym (just as expensive), I'd say, go for it!:bigsmile:
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Could see how they would make it easier on your joints.

you could say there is a risk of ankle injury, falling, etc... but i don't see that as being any more risky then strapping on roller skates for the first time.

seems like your approaching it correctly too, something to add some fun, not like your expecting some miricle out of them, seems like your in pretty good shape as it is anyway
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Well I read that it is actually very low impact and better on your joints. I am interested in it.

Here's a question then:

How often will you be able to use them? If they're as expensive as someone said (i didn't look up the price, just Googled what the heck they were :laugh: ) and you're not going to use them that often then maybe think of putting that money towards something else like a gym membership. Where I live it wouldn't be a good investment 1) I live on a dirt road 2) it starts to get cold outside beginning of October (we have had freak snow storms in October as well) and stays cold until mid May.

idk, i almost dropped 200 on a pair of lebron nikes. this is a lot more hardware for 250. its expensive but footwear always is
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

Here's a question then:

idk, i almost dropped 200 on a pair of lebron nikes. this is a lot more hardware for 250. its expensive but footwear always is

Did you almost drop that cash on them because they were "Lebron Nikes" or because you liked the shoe and they were for a specific activity you were doing? I have no problem dropping a lot of money on my running shoes because it is important to have good runners to avoid injury. I would not, however, drop a chunk of change on a pair of sneakers because someone endorsed the brand nor would I drop a chunk of change on something I wasn't sure wouldn't end up collecting dust after a few uses.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    They look like a ton of fun. I can't afford them but I think great cardio workout.
    I agree
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My daughter LOVES these!! They have them at the camp she goes to and it's her favorite activity!

If it's fun to you and it burns calories, then it's win win in my books! How is this any different than spending money on rollerblades, skis, skates, bikes, etc. ?

Check on Craigslist or Kijiji, or whatever classified sites you know for used ones if price is an issue....enjoy!!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I did not know such a thing existed. But I also think they look like fun. Although not $250 worth of fun.
  • robsonv
    robsonv Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would totally recommend Kangoo, I live in London Ontario and there is actually a Kangoo class here that I have been taking for the past year, I didn't buy the boots as I can rent them for the class....I am thinking of buying them though so I can run in them as well. I can speak from experience that they are tons of fun, I have never hurt myself on them (and believe me I am not that co-ordinated) and they eliminate most of the impact you would normally get from a cardio routine (I have terrible hips and knees so have tried all kinds of different routines to find something not painful, and this was the first one I found). I do also go to the gym for weight training but Kangoo is my main cardio. I am by no means a "fitness buff" just a regular "curvy" woman trying to get back in shape so if I can use them, anyone can!
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    OP, I have them and I enjoyed them. I have not used them in a while (people do stare at you) LOL, but they are fun and they do wonders for the joints. I bought my used on ebay, so that I could try them without the full spending price, and decided if used them enough, I would buy a new pair of them. I think I spent like $75 on ebay for them. Just an idea if you are not 100% committed to the idea yet. They are fun though, and easy on the joints! I would recommend them for a change up in exercise! (its also harder work, as you have to lift the weight of the boots up with each turn)
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town and only have two small gyms so I don't think a membership there is really for me. I walk over 4 miles a day and wanted something to boost my walks. And I agree people spend a lot of money on walking shoes or sport equipment so maybe this would be the same if you do it regularly. And I am not worried about if people think I look funny in them... I walk at 5 in the morning and no one in my neighborhood is awake by then. LOL.
  • mg1123
    mg1123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been interested since I first saw some discussions on them a few months ago. I could see this being much less of an impact for running, making it a better chance that I would try it. To me, it reminds me of the blade limbs for running that amputees use. $250 sounds like a lot, but I know people who spend at least $100 or more on running shoes, and those are supposed to be replaced every 3 months or so. According to the review on the link below, you're just supposed to replace the springs after every 50 - 80 hours. The springs look to be about $20. So really, you have an initial investment and then upkeep costs. If you're going to use it regularly, it might be worth it. It looks like they've also tested it on a variety of surfaces without problems.

I wonder if Play it Again Sports would have used pairs, like they do roller blades and the like. Or see about rentals in your area to find out it if will work for you.

http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/product-review/113/kangoo-jumps/
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I saw these on the nightly news about 6 months ago, interviewed people wearing them who attended an aerobics class wearing them. They stated that they had a lot of fun, felt a good burn, easy on the joints, etc. Would have purchased them but the price was too much. Had hoped that the price would come down, but no.......
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

Here's a question then:

Did you almost drop that cash on them because they were "Lebron Nikes" or because you liked the shoe and they were for a specific activity you were doing? I have no problem dropping a lot of money on my running shoes because it is important to have good runners to avoid injury. I would not, however, drop a chunk of change on a pair of sneakers because someone endorsed the brand nor would I drop a chunk of change on something I wasn't sure wouldn't end up collecting dust after a few uses.

i liked them because they were yellow lol.
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No_Finish_Lin... lol yellow is a good color.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

Here's a question then:

i liked them because they were yellow lol.

:laugh:
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    I've been interested since I first saw some discussions on them a few months ago. I could see this being much less of an impact for running, making it a better chance that I would try it. To me, it reminds me of the blade limbs for running that amputees use. $250 sounds like a lot, but I know people who spend at least $100 or more on running shoes, and those are supposed to be replaced every 3 months or so. According to the review on the link below, you're just supposed to replace the springs after every 50 - 80 hours. The springs look to be about $20. So really, you have an initial investment and then upkeep costs. If you're going to use it regularly, it might be worth it. It looks like they've also tested it on a variety of surfaces without problems.

I wonder if Play it Again Sports would have used pairs, like they do roller blades and the like. Or see about rentals in your area to find out it if will work for you.

http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/product-review/113/kangoo-jumps/

if they are really 250 i agree thats not THAT crazy for a highly specialized and new product in the already expensive market of atheltic footwear.

i've seen things along these lines before, but they were far more bulky, more like a heavy duty knee high boot, and probably not intended for fitness. also probably much more expensive