Kangoo Jumps?? Worth the price??

Options

Replies

• simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    There are much cheaper ways to look silly in public.

19-for-3-Kangoo-Jumps-Classes-by-Andrea-at-Golds-Gym-Wellington-St.-South-London-a-45-Value_.jpg

This! I see this as just another $ maker for some company.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Well I read that it is actually very low impact and better on your joints. I am interested in it.

Here's a question then:

How often will you be able to use them? If they're as expensive as someone said (i didn't look up the price, just Googled what the heck they were :laugh: ) and you're not going to use them that often then maybe think of putting that money towards something else like a gym membership. Where I live it wouldn't be a good investment 1) I live on a dirt road 2) it starts to get cold outside beginning of October (we have had freak snow storms in October as well) and stays cold until mid May.

idk, i almost dropped 200 on a pair of lebron nikes. this is a lot more hardware for 250. its expensive but footwear always is

do you mostly walk around in them? because everyone I know who owns those shoes never actually does anything in them.

OP- if you think it's fun and worth spending your money on- go for it.

I mean- i'ts not a real work out- it's like a trampoline workout- it's fun and it'll amuse you but you're not going to be training anything or doing anything but jumping around- you'll get bored of it at some point and then never use them.

Do what you want- but don't look to these as some sort of long term fitness program. Because- well. yeah. it's not.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I loved mine. I broke my ankle and once I was ready to run again, these helped me get back into it, which avoided all the hard pounding, and alleviated the pain. They're a great workout, they're heavy so you really have to lift your legs, and be ready to be stopped by a lot of people asking you about them...they're kinda space-age....only get them if you commit to using them a lot. If you have sensitive joints, it's a great tool to get your body back into the running game.

ETA: I didn't break my ankle RUNNING with them, I used them as part of my rehab. I tripped over my dog, breaking my ankle..
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit.

THIS THIS THIS.

0/10 would not recommend purchasing them. Waste of money!!

You two do realize this was posted under Fitness and Exercise not weight loss, right?
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options

Not just that for some. It can also require working out.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    what are they for?
  • Shimmysista
    Shimmysista Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am ALL for trying new and fun ways to get in my cardio and to me that look REALLY fun. However, i would probably break a body part having fun with them lol. If you can afford it why not? ( I am not a gym person i prefer to get my workouts done at home or outside)
  • JoRocka
    Options

no- weight loss does NOT require working out.

merely the presence of a calorie deficit.

No. do you want to be healthy? or just not fat?
    do you want to be toned? and look slightly fit? or capable of doing things? then yes- working out is important to all of those questions- but it is 100% NOT needed for losing weight- it's just a bonus.
  • DagobaGirl
    DagobaGirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. Why are people being rude to you about this? You asked a question. If they didn't have anything worthwhile to contribute they could just keep their utterly useless opinions to themselves rather than lash out at you for asking a question. People. Smh.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    How did this become an argument about weight loss? Seriously?

OP, I had no idea what these things were but it sounds like a hilarious way to change up your walks! If you want to get them, by all means do it! I agree with checking out second-hand sports stores and/or eBay for a less expensive option until you're sure you want to commit to a pair of new ones (if you do - sounds like just replacing the springs could make them like a new pair for a lot less!).

If you get them I want to see pics of you in action! LOL
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    ROFL my first thought was.....it would take me all of 10 seconds to twist my ankle, fall flat no my face, and knock out a few teeth. So no.

Although if you're not as klutzy as me and you're looking to have some fun and switch it up a bit, sure, why the heck not? Just wear a helmet and a mouth guard :laugh:
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am getting more and more excited about getting them. And I am going to try ebay and craigslist to try and get them cheaper. And I am not too klutzy so hopefully (fingers crossed) I won't fall too many times. And if I do... I will just get back up and try again. :)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    How did this become an argument about weight loss? Seriously?

whose arguing? someone said something that was wrong.

I stated facts.

I see no argument.

Glad OP you're excited about them- I hope you have fun with them and they are all you hoped they would be.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

THIS THIS THIS.

0/10 would not recommend purchasing them. Waste of money!!

You two do realize this was posted under Fitness and Exercise not weight loss, right?
    Yes and before she edited her original post, she asked if it would help her lose weight.

Working out helps create a bigger deficit. It is not required.

There is no arguing going on here. In OP's post before she edited it, she asked if they would help her lose weight. That's what my response was to.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

idk, i almost dropped 200 on a pair of lebron nikes. this is a lot more hardware for 250. its expensive but footwear always is

do you mostly walk around in them? because everyone I know who owns those shoes never actually does anything in them.

OP- if you think it's fun and worth spending your money on- go for it.

I mean- i'ts not a real work out- it's like a trampoline workout- it's fun and it'll amuse you but you're not going to be training anything or doing anything but jumping around- you'll get bored of it at some point and then never use them.

Do what you want- but don't look to these as some sort of long term fitness program. Because- well. yeah. it's not.

i didn't get them.

but you're asking if i intended to workout with them? no it would just be a casual shoe. i don't think that particular line, or any of the ones named after basket ball players are truly intented to be an athletic shoe.

i could be wrong though because i bought a pair of Revis crosstrainers and they are most definetly built for action
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    I loved mine. I broke my ankle and once I was ready to run again, these helped me get back into it, which avoided all the hard pounding, and alleviated the pain. They're a great workout, they're heavy so you really have to lift your legs, and be ready to be stopped by a lot of people asking you about them...they're kinda space-age....only get them if you commit to using them a lot. If you have sensitive joints, it's a great tool to get your body back into the running game.

ETA: I didn't break my ankle RUNNING with them, I used them as part of my rehab. I tripped over my dog, breaking my ankle..

thats interesting i wonder if they will continue to develope the product an market it as a rehab tool... maybe they already are
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    http://www.projump.co.uk/images/PJ-Temp-Ghost-Shop/Pro-Jump-Exo-Pro-2012.jpg
    Check these out, they are much more fun than kangaroo jumps:smile:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    i didn't get them.

but you're asking if i intended to workout with them? no it would just be a casual shoe. i don't think that particular line, or any of the ones named after basket ball players are truly intented to be an athletic shoe.

i could be wrong though because i bought a pair of Revis crosstrainers and they are most definetly built for action

damn- totally my bad misread.

yeah- I can't- I can barely bring myself to spend like 50 bucks on shoes- but I spend 100's on pants and costumes- so different strokes LOL
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am getting more and more excited about getting them. And I am going to try ebay and craigslist to try and get them cheaper. And I am not too klutzy so hopefully (fingers crossed) I won't fall too many times. And if I do... I will just get back up and try again. :)

If you're worried about falling, don't forget to buy a butt pad and wrist guards. I fell on ice while snow boarding and it was just as hard as the ground without having additional height from jumping...and it HURT (luckily nothing broke). If you think you might, just get it, the last thing you want is an injury to stop you from the rest of your journey.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    i didn't get them.

damn- totally my bad misread.

yeah- I can't- I can barely bring myself to spend like 50 bucks on shoes- but I spend 100's on pants and costumes- so different strokes LOL

the revis trainners are probably the last time i will spend over 100 on athletic footwear. i discovered 6pm.com, they have older stuff but its all cheap as hell, ships free and i can try out some of the older tech for much less.

i'll probably still spend top dollar on casual shoes... and jeans lol