Thinking about a beard

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    If you can look at my beard without feeling a tingle, then you are probably a dude.
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Beards = yes. All. day. Long.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Who has them, how do you like them, how do you women like them, do you wish you could grow one, do you think I should grow one?

Beards are very sexy if they are kept trim- nothing sexy about the grizzly Adams look, in my opinion. The Moustache-Goatee combo drives me crazy :P
  • valkaree
    valkaree Posts: 519
    Options
    ok, I switched my profile pic.

Vote yes or no to the beard
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    That is a goatee.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I often remind my boyfriend that I enjoy beards. I ask him to grow his out, and even offer to follow him around and scratch his neck to help pass through the itchy stage.

Once, he told me he was confused by what I meant by 'beard'. He said, a big mountain man beard? a little neatly trimmed beard? a goatee, mustache, muttonchops, what is it I am asking for, he pondered.

All beards. One of each of the above mentioned, thank you.

But alas, he works in a hospital and dress code requires him to have facial hair trimmed in such a way to get a complete closure on his face mask. So he is limited. And I am saddened. There are a few weekends where he will end up with 4-5 days off in a row, then 2 days of paperwork. Those weeks he lets it grow and it is glorious.

I love beards.
  • valkaree
    Options
    I know lol with this mug should I add the beard...
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Yes. Always beard.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about a person a attached to a beard.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Love beardies. Grow 'em nice and long, and braid some of it.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I can't stand kissing a guy with a clean-shaven face. If I wanted to kiss someone with a smoother face than me, I'd date women. I like the ruggedness and masculinity facial hair brings to a guy's overall appearance. Personally, I prefer hair all over instead of a goatee or some fancy facial hair style. I don't like the super long beard, though. Being able to tie a portion of it in a hair elastic is no bueno, IMO. Unless you're Amish, I'd steer clear of that.

My husband just takes a trimmer to his face once every couple of weeks and that's it - he doesn't "clean it up" with a razor or anything. I suppose he's lucky, because his natural facial hair is pretty neat-looking - it's not patchy or raggedy, so little maintenance is needed.

It really depends on the guy, though. You already have facial hair, so you can imagine what it'll look like. I'd imagine you look better with facial hair than without it. Some guys look better clean-shaven. It just depends.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    A well maintained and clean beard can be a nice thing. Don't do it if you're not up for the work it involves. No woman likes a stinky or sticky beard.

Also.. different women like different things and they'll probably like what looks best on you. So it actually has to do with how your face is shaped.

Looking at your photo, I think you're well suited for a short beard and mustache. Not just beard. Not just mustache. That's creepy unless you're 60 and in the military.
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yes. Always beard.

What he said.
  • valkaree
    Options
    The only reason for the goatee is to cover up the temporary double chin. I plan on shaving this crap off when I hit 190lbs so until then I though this is the last chance to get the courage to pull off a beard. Thanks for all the input, keep it coming!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not a beard girl. But plenty of women are, so if you want to grow one, go for it.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    The question isn't whether a beard is right for you. The question is whether you are worthy of a beard.....
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    We CAN grow a beard, ours is just secret.

Each man is different. Some I prefer with a beard, some without.
  • majii13
    majii13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bald face shaming...