Thinking about a beard

Options

Replies

• Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love beards!! (Check my pics for one of my husband's beard - love it!)
  • weightliftingaddict
    Options
    I prefer a beard (as opposed to a goatee or clean shaved).
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Perhaps when I hit my goal weight, I will try it. The "beard" in my profile pic is the max I let it grow before shaving it off. I am going to play around with a stubble (is that what its called? The "not shaved for 1 days look") before trying out a full blown beard.
  • valkaree
    valkaree Posts: 519
    Options
    Oh yeah, one more question. I got some major grey happening on my face, how do you women feel about the half grey beard??
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I've been considering it myself, tired of people thinking I'm gay.

Then stop wearing a fanny-pack....:smooches:
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Go for it. If it doesn't work out, you can always shave it off. Just remember to condition your beard for your other half so it's not scratchy.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I didn't like them until I started dating a guy with one. Me likey...
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Anyone with a beard is dumb.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Men, allow me to let you in on something. If the question is: "Beard?" The answer is: "YES, YES, YES!"
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I often remind my boyfriend that I enjoy beards. I ask him to grow his out, and even offer to follow him around and scratch his neck to help pass through the itchy stage.

Once, he told me he was confused by what I meant by 'beard'. He said, a big mountain man beard? a little neatly trimmed beard? a goatee, mustache, muttonchops, what is it I am asking for, he pondered.

All beards. One of each of the above mentioned, thank you.

But alas, he works in a hospital and dress code requires him to have facial hair trimmed in such a way to get a complete closure on his face mask. So he is limited. And I am saddened. There are a few weekends where he will end up with 4-5 days off in a row, then 2 days of paperwork. Those weeks he lets it grow and it is glorious.

I love beards.

Buy him some shea butter / body butter. Comb that stuff through his beard every morning. Not only does it prevent the itchies, it leaves your beard super soft and smelling pretty awesome all day. Pro Tip: Do NOT get the shea butter that smells like buttercream frosting. That just makes you hungry all day.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, one more question. I got some major grey happening on my face, how do you women feel about the half grey beard??
    why does it matter to someone else whether or not you have grey in your beard?

If it happens, it happens. I have a few straight up white hairs in my beard. It doesn't make it any less of a beard, and I'm damn sure not going to dye it.
  • Tcraig2013
    Tcraig2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Beards are cool. I actually think i look younger with one :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If I shave mine off I look like a Potato so it's self preservation
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I often remind my boyfriend that I enjoy beards. I ask him to grow his out, and even offer to follow him around and scratch his neck to help pass through the itchy stage.

Once, he told me he was confused by what I meant by 'beard'. He said, a big mountain man beard? a little neatly trimmed beard? a goatee, mustache, muttonchops, what is it I am asking for, he pondered.

All beards. One of each of the above mentioned, thank you.

But alas, he works in a hospital and dress code requires him to have facial hair trimmed in such a way to get a complete closure on his face mask. So he is limited. And I am saddened. There are a few weekends where he will end up with 4-5 days off in a row, then 2 days of paperwork. Those weeks he lets it grow and it is glorious.

I love beards.

Buy him some shea butter / body butter. Comb that stuff through his beard every morning. Not only does it prevent the itchies, it leaves your beard super soft and smelling pretty awesome all day. Pro Tip: Do NOT get the shea butter that smells like buttercream frosting. That just makes you hungry all day.
    beard oil / beard balm works wonders, too.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

idk about you since you seem to be redhead/blonde from your profile pic but for dark haired men, salt and pepper is a good thing.

And yes, I realize you asked for womens opinion. I am giving mine anyways!
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I grow a beard for the winter every few years (my wife really hates it or I'd do it more often). A couple of things I've noticed:

1) People are not shy about telling you if they love or hate it. Most people wouldn't tell you if they think you're fat, but they most definitely will tell you that your beard makes you look (older, younger, thinner, heavier, etc). Women who like beards will let you know it (as will women who don't).
    2) I've actually felt like I get treated differently by my bosses at work. I have a bit of a baby face, and the first time I grew the beard people seemed to take me more seriously, you know like I'm a grown up now.
    3) The itchy phase only lasts a week or 2, stick it out, it will pass.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I am a huge proponent of facial furr. That being said, I wouldn't commit to the beard unless you can fill it out and take proper care of it.

If so then go for it. A great beard on the right guy can be extremely attractive.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes you should. I don't understand why more men don't have them. they are sexy as hell..