granbarrant Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Cannellini Bean Salad (Phase 1 in South Beach Diet) :explode:

Description
    This quick, easy bean salad is great cold or at room temperature, making it a good take-along dish for work or a potluck. Serve it as a side with grilled chicken or fish. You can substitute 2 or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs for dried and try dried basil in place of oregano, if you wish.

Prep time: 10 minutes

Makes 4 (1-cup) servings (or halve everything in nutritional analysis for 1/2 cup servings)

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon minced red onion
    3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
    1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
    1 red bell pepper, finely diced
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
    Whisk together oil, vinegar, onion, and oregano in a large mixing bowl. Add cucumbers, beans, and bell pepper; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

Nutritional information
    Per (1-cup) serving:
    180 calories
    8 g fat (1 g sat)
    22 g carbohydrate
    7 g protein
    5 g dietary fiber
    80 mg sodium
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Elli's recipe for roasted veggies and her salad.

BIG salad every day for lunch. I use 4 or 5 kinds of lettuce/greens. romaine, mustard greens, cale, chard. etc. and red cabbage. bell peppers, celery, cukes, fresh herbs (dill and cilantro are my favorite), red onions. I always have a big bowl of that kind of mix in the fridge. Then when i'm going to eat i'll add tomatos, some other veggies steamed but crunchy (asparagus, broccoli) and some protein. it's a TON of vegetables! Then roasting - i always roast 'em in the oven on 425. usually i just spray them with pam. I do peppers, eggplant, green beans that way. butternut squash i do use a little olive oil and toss it with cumin, salt, allspice, coriander and pepper. Wish you were here! i'd give you a butternut - i still have 4 left from the garden. ,
    Thanks Elli for giving us some ideals.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Elli's recipe for roasted veggies and her salad. copy from her sneakers post

BIG salad every day for lunch. I use 4 or 5 kinds of lettuce/greens. romaine, mustard greens, cale, chard. etc. and red cabbage. bell peppers, celery, cukes, fresh herbs (dill and cilantro are my favorite), red onions. I always have a big bowl of that kind of mix in the fridge. Then when i'm going to eat i'll add tomatos, some other veggies steamed but crunchy (asparagus, broccoli) and some protein. it's a TON of vegetables! Then roasting - i always roast 'em in the oven on 425. usually i just spray them with pam. I do peppers, eggplant, green beans that way. butternut squash i do use a little olive oil and toss it with cumin, salt, allspice, coriander and pepper. Wish you were here! i'd give you a butternut - i still have 4 left from the garden. ,
    Thanks Elli for giving us some ideals.
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Y'all are great! I needed some new healthy recipes to try. Now I have some. Thanks to all of you!
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    These recipes sound delish. Thanks for creating this thread. And there is the date nutrecipe you gave me. It was so good, it got more moist every day.
    Options
    These recipes sound delish. Thanks for creating this thread. And there is the date nutrecipe you gave me. It was so good, it got more moist every day.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Love cooking...have a few will share later...( hate typing...LOL)
    Options
    I found a place that sells a lot of various ingredients that are sometimes hard to find locally. Many gluten free diets and low carbers
    netrition.com
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    here is a recipe I copy off of a recipe in my mail today. I will have to weigh the veggies and chang some things to meet my meal plan.

Lentil Soup with Chipotle Yogurt
    By The Sprouted Kitchen
    WebMD Recipe from Foodily.com Ingredients

2 Cups Lentils (French or Black Beluga)
    1 Yellow Onion, Diced
    1 Fennel Bulb, Diced
    1 tbsp. Olive Oil
    1 Cup Brown Rice, Cooked (any whole grain will work)
    6 Cups Organic, Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
    1 tsp. Cumin
    1 Large Bunch of Kale, Chard or Combo of Leafy Greens
    Salt/ Pepper
    1 Lemon

CHIPOTLE YOGURT
    1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
    1 Chipotle Chile in Adobo, Chopped (no more than 2 tsp.)

Instructions
    Cook your rice or desired grain and set aside. Boil about four cups water, and boil the lentils for 20 minutes until cooked. Add water as needed.

Drain.

In a large soup pot, brown the yellow onion and the fennel in the olive oil for about 8 minutes, or until just starting to turn light brown. Add the stock and cumin. Bring the heat back up to a gentle boil, about 10 minutes.

Add the lentils and the brown rice and simmer about 10 minutes. While you are waiting, stem your greens and slice them into thin strips. Taste the soup for salt and pepper, add seasoning as desired.

Turn off the heat and add in the greens, stir. The greens will wilt in the hot soup, and avoid overcooking this way. Stir in the juice of half the lemon, add more to taste.

Mix the Greek yogurt with the chipotle chili and stir. Serve the soup with the dollop of the chipotle yogurt. Warning, chipotles are pretty spicy, so start with a small amount of sauce and you can add if you like it hot. If too spicy, add more yogurt.

Total Servings: 6

Nutritional Information Per Serving
    Calories: 460.2
    Carbohydrates: 78.4 g
    Cholesterol: 4.9 mg
    Fat: 5.5 g
    Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
    Fiber: 24.1 g
    Sodium: 164.6 mg
    Protein: 23.5 g

By The Sprouted Kitchen

1 Yellow Onion, Diced
    1 Fennel Bulb, Diced
    1 tbsp. Olive Oil
    1 tsp. Cumin
    Salt/ Pepper
    1 Lemon

CHIPOTLE YOGURT
    1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt

Instructions
    Cook your rice or desired grain and set aside. Boil about four cups water, and boil the lentils for 20 minutes until cooked. Add water as needed.

Drain.

In a large soup pot, brown the yellow onion and the fennel in the olive oil for about 8 minutes, or until just starting to turn light brown. Add the stock and cumin. Bring the heat back up to a gentle boil, about 10 minutes.

Add the lentils and the brown rice and simmer about 10 minutes. While you are waiting, stem your greens and slice them into thin strips. Taste the soup for salt and pepper, add seasoning as desired.

Turn off the heat and add in the greens, stir. The greens will wilt in the hot soup, and avoid overcooking this way. Stir in the juice of half the lemon, add more to taste.

Mix the Greek yogurt with the chipotle chili and stir. Serve the soup with the dollop of the chipotle yogurt. Warning, chipotles are pretty spicy, so start with a small amount of sauce and you can add if you like it hot. If too spicy, add more yogurt.

By The Sprouted Kitchen

1 Yellow Onion, Diced
    1 Fennel Bulb, Diced
    1 tbsp. Olive Oil
    1 tsp. Cumin
    Salt/ Pepper
    1 Lemon

CHIPOTLE YOGURT
    1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt

Instructions

Drain.

By The Sprouted Kitchen

1 Yellow Onion, Diced
    1 Fennel Bulb, Diced
    1 tbsp. Olive Oil
    1 tsp. Cumin
    Salt/ Pepper
    1 Lemon

CHIPOTLE YOGURT
    1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt

Instructions

Drain.

By The Sprouted Kitchen

1 Yellow Onion, Diced
    1 Fennel Bulb, Diced
    1 tbsp. Olive Oil
    1 tsp. Cumin
    Salt/ Pepper
    1 Lemon

CHIPOTLE YOGURT
    1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt

Instructions

Drain.

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Asparagus Spears with Mandarin Orange
    Recipe courtesy of Harvard University Dining Services

Serves 4

•1 pound fresh asparagus
    •1 4-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained
    •1 tablespoon olive oil
    •Salt (optional) and pepper to taste
    Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Break off and discard the woody ends of the asparagus and cut the stalks into 2-inch pieces....................................................................... I will have to change it up some for my plan. but not much.

Put the asparagus in a bowl, drizzle it with the olive oil, and sprinkle it with salt (if desired) and pepper. Toss gently to distribute the olive oil.

Spread the asparagus evenly on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until tender, about 25 minutes.

Remove from the oven, place in a warmed bowl, toss with the mandarin orange sections, and serve.

Calories: 50⁄ Protein: 2 g⁄ Carbohydrate: 5 g⁄ Fiber: 1 g⁄ Sodium: 10 mg
    Saturated fat: 0.5 g⁄ Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4 g⁄ Monounsaturated fat: 2.7 g
    Trans fat: 0 g⁄ Cholesterol: 0 mg6
    I would have used 12 oz of asparagus. 5 oz of mandarine orange q T olive oil Salt and pepper
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    From Dee thanks a lot for sharing sounds so good.

Cook as usual, scraping your noodles out and putting them in a bowl. We then make individual servings by adding
    a Laughing Cow light swiss wedge, some butter spray, garlic powder & salt. Heat in microwave for 1 min to melt cheese and stir.
    Top with grated parmesan cheese and stir. ENJOY!! We think it tastes like alfredo "noodles". Very good...promise!

Thanks Dee for sharing.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sounds like another good recipes from Dee, So i copy it and pasted it here thank you Dee.

I'm reviving some WW recipes from the past. I'd forgotten about this one and it's so easy and yummy that I want to share it with you. It's called Vanilla Ricotta Creme - 1 cup lowfat ricotta, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 pak sweetner (I use 1 Tb honey instead). Mix together well. I use 2 Tb of it on a rice cake for a delicious snack. This can be the base for whatever you want to do with it. I also make Peanut Butter Ricotta Creme by adding 4 Tb peanut butter to the base and mixing it well. For a fruity approach, just spread a Tb of your favorite preserves (mine's strawberry) on the rice cake and put the Vanilla Ricotta creme on top. YUM! Enjoy!

If you want more old WW recipes, just say so and I'm happy to share.

Yes indeed send us some more
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    MARIE,, this is off subject, but our Senior Golden Sneakers is locked and no longer accepts my posts. Who fixes that?
    Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    BASE FOR CREAMY DRESSINGS

1/3 cup buttermilk or milk, low-fat or skim 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese

Place milk and cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. If thinner consistency is desired, add more buttermilk. Combine suggested ingredients below for desired variation. Cover and refrigerate.

Makes six 1/4 cup servings

THEN ADD:

CREAMY BLUE CHEESE DRESSING:
    1/4 cup crumpled blue cheese and black pepper to taste.(add * point)
    1/2 package Good Season's Ranch Dressing Mix (no extra points)

CREAMY FRENCH DRESSING:
    1 teaspoon no salt added tomato juice
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon dry mustard
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
    additional tomato juice to thin, if necessary

CREAMY GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
    3 anchovy filets finely chopped or pureed
    1 teaspoon chopped green onion
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon, or to taste

CREAMY ITALIAN DRESSING
    1/2 teaspoon oregano
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon onion flakes
    (vinegar to thin)

CREAMY THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING
    1 tablespoon pickle relish
    1 tablespoon chili sauce
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING, version 2
    1/2 cup tomato juice
    1 Tbsp chopped dill pickle
    2 tsp onion flakes
    2 tsp minced green bell pepper
    2 packets Equal or Splenda . . . . . . . . . .
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Here's a wonderful soup for any day.

YQTdI.png

Stir mix into water and simmer for about an hour, stirring frequently. Watch this - it WILL cook over if you don't monitor the heat.

Brown turkey, and add to soup mix. Add roasted tomatoes and chopped cabbage. Add beef base. If you're watching sodium, substitute Oxbow no sodium beef bullion, or a low-sodium beef base (Nestle, Minors, etc.). Simmer for another hour. Add additional two cups of water five minutes prior to serving as the cooking process will reduce the liquid. This makes 16 cups of delicious soup.
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    Heart Healthful Turkey Rubens

1/4 cup non-fat Thousand Island salad dressing
    8 slices dark rye or pumpernickel bread
    8 ounces thinly sliced low-fat, low-sodium cooked turkey (or chicken)
    1/2 C sauerkraut, rinsed and well-drained
    4 slices low-fat Swiss cheese (1-1/2 ounces)
    Vegetable or Canola Oil Spray

Spread salad dressing on one side of each slice of bread. Top 4 slices of bread with turkey, sauerkraut and cheese. Top with remaining bread slices (dressing side down).

Spray a large skillet with vegetable oil. Cook 2 sandwiches over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until bread toasts and cheese melts, turning once. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.

Serves 4 - 1 sandwich per serving
    Preparation time: 5 minutes
    Cooking time: 8 to 12 minutes

Nutrient Analysis per serving.

Calories: 273
    Protein 24g
    Carbohydrate 31g
    Cholesterol 48mg
    Sodium 740 mg
    Total Fat: 5g
    Saturated Fat: 1g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
    Mono-unsaturated Fat 1g.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    CRABACADO OMELET (my version of the Ruby Tuesday Crabacado Omelet)

1 egg scrambled flat
    1 wedge Laughing Cow light swiss melted onto the egg
    1 oz lump crab
    1 oz fresh avacado in small chunks
    Top with the following parmesan sauce
    Serve immediately

Parmesan Sauce: 1 Tb light sour cream with 2 tsp parmesan (either grated or shredded). Microwave for 10 seconds, stir, microwave again, stir and pour over top of omelet.

With the brands I used, it was 238 calories.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    VANILLA RICOTTA CREME

1 cup lowfat ricotta
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 Tb honey or 1 pak sweetner

Mix together and use as a topping on rice cakes.

Some ideas: rice cake + strawberry preserves + ricotta cream tastes like shortcake.

Someadditions: add 4 Tb peanut butter for Peanut Butter Ricotta Creme. Yummy as a banana dip. Or spread on a rice cake and sprinkle a few raisins or chocolate chips on top.

Other additions: cocoa, coffee powder or both together; lemon extract and lemon zest; almond butter and almond extract; cinnamon for a fruit dip; stir in 1 cup pure pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.

The possibilities are endless.
  • tlp8rb
    Options
    Creamy Cole Slaw - Makes 6, one cup servings

Shredded Green Cabbage, 6 cup (70g)
    Red Delicious - Apple - Small, diced w/peel
    Raw Medium Carrot, shredded
    Fage Greek Yogurt 0% - 1/2 C (4 oz)
    Fit and Active - Light Poppy Seed Reduced Fat Salad Dressing, 4 TBSP
    Stevia, Truvia or Splenda - 1 tsp.

Total: Calories 385 Carbs 69 Cholesterol 0 Protein 17 Fiber 21 Potassium113
    Per Serving: Calories 64 Carbs 12 Cholesterol 0 Protein 3 Fiber 4 Potassium 19