Why even ask for advice??

Options
124»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If you don't have anything nice to say, why not just scroll on by? We're all here for the same reason. This is supposed to be a supportive place.

I don't want a "supportive" place, I want a reality-check place with actual true and useful information.

If I want peppermint-scented unicorn farts, I'll go elsewhere.
    Are the two mutually exclusive?

For many, yes.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yes, why do people ask a random bunch of strangers they have never met before advice and then have the gall to not listen to it? I mean, MFP is only filled with random doctors, dieticans and the like all waiting hand and foot on these little snobs. The merit of the advice given to them is worth more than they ever deserve!

Oh wait....

People here, including myself, use MFP as a sounding board because its filled with random people. (I also talk to you guys and licensed professionals.) Usually the advice given includes these wonderful gems:

1. Links to highly read threads- often that you have read.
    2. Accusations of you lying.
    3. Helpful little phrases like 'calories in, calories out'.
    4. Attacks on the OP's characters when the focus is weight loss.

Many threads degenerate in useless stuff anyway.

IMHO, people are here to figure out themselves. We are just tools to help them get there.

----
    FWI The poster is looking for validation and trying to sound like a victim. That makes her the same as the people you are mocking.

Oh! I remember you. You were the one who wanted advice but said if anyone said CICO you'd stalk them down in real life and murder them.

CICO.

CICO CICO CICO.

tumblr_lz84hs0V041qktqch.gif
    Lol loved this, you're my hero ❤❤
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Yes, why do people ask a random bunch of strangers they have never met before advice and then have the gall to not listen to it? I mean, MFP is only filled with random doctors, dieticans and the like all waiting hand and foot on these little snobs. The merit of the advice given to them is worth more than they ever deserve!

Oh wait....

People here, including myself, use MFP as a sounding board because its filled with random people. (I also talk to you guys and licensed professionals.) Usually the advice given includes these wonderful gems:

1. Links to highly read threads- often that you have read.
    2. Accusations of you lying.
    3. Helpful little phrases like 'calories in, calories out'.
    4. Attacks on the OP's characters when the focus is weight loss.

Many threads degenerate in useless stuff anyway.

IMHO, people are here to figure out themselves. We are just tools to help them get there.

----
    FWI The poster is looking for validation and trying to sound like a victim. That makes her the same as the people you are mocking.

lol at the butt hurt

You rang?
  • bregrig
    bregrig Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ hahaaaa :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    If you don't have anything nice to say, why not just scroll on by? We're all here for the same reason. This is supposed to be a supportive place.

Certain people seem to have missed the joke.

Or maybe I've simply missed their jokes?
  • missjeanlouise
    missjeanlouise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This thread will restore your faith in advice-askers. OP asks questions, clarifies, thanks people, says, "OK, I'll try that!" when people tell her to weigh food...no excuses, admits her foibles, is all-around gracious:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1400774-need-help-this-isn-t-working

If only they (we?) could all be like that!
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sometimes they aren't quite ready to change but wish they were or are still struggling with the idea. We all reject information; whether or not we learn from what we were told and look into it to become more confident in whether it is right or not usually depends on how close to change readiness the person is.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

I don't want a "supportive" place, I want a reality-check place with actual true and useful information.

LMAO!
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options

peppermint-scented unicorn farts!! :laugh:

and I guess I am talking about a few of my mfp 'friends' who every single day ask the same question (why am I not losing any weight?? i weigh myself 2349078x a day and I gained a pound since last week!) and DOZENS of people comment with great advice/suggestions/motivations/etc and the next day like clockwork the exact same post is made by same person. so what you want different advice/suggestions/motivations? ok *deletes from friends list*

*loosing

You correct someone's spelling with the wrong spelling? :huh: :noway: