Favourite quote?

Options
123457»

Replies

• SassyRN_77
    SassyRN_77 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cinderella is proof that the perfect pair of shoes can completely change your life:)))
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Courage dear heart - CS Lewis

Be gentle with people, you never know what battle they're fighting - Dunno who wrote it just like it

and one of my most favorites and there's a lot

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
    Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. ~Marianne Williamson
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    “I recently had my annual physical examination, which I get once every seven years,
    and when the nurse weighed me, I was shocked to discover how much stronger the Earth’s gravitational pull has become since 1990.”- Dave Barry
  • mellisamontgomery2055
    Options
    "Let me wake up feeling terribly proud that the girl in the mirror is me" - A Chorus Line ♥
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    "Let me wake up feeling terribly proud that the girl in the mirror is me" - A Chorus Line ♥

I need a 'Like' button!
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    "Boards don't hit back"

“Its like a finger pointing away to the moon. Dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.”

<---- this guy
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options

I don't remember this line from ACL? can you tell me who says it?
    NEVER MIND.. I did a quick search. it's from the movie!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Ideas, like actions, have consequencs

Richard M. Weaver
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    “A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.” - Douglas Adams
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    "My thirsty wanted whisky; my hungry needed beans,
    But it'd been of month of paydays since I'd heard that eagle scream.
    So with a stomach full of empty and a pocket full of dreams,
    I left my pride and stepped inside a bar."

Kris Kristofferson from "To Beat the Devil"
  • infinitevast
    infinitevast Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream. - Vincent van Gogh