What the Hell does "Snogging" mean?

Options
123457»

Replies

• JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    And of course what you Americans call a bicycle, over here we call a spazzwanker.

Absolutely and when you visit London be sure to ask where you can hire a Boris Spazzwanker

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Snogging is when you go out and hunt snogs.....lmao
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    In the UK, fanny is slang for vagina. Be wary!!

I was waiting on someone saying that!!

And where you're from, every c**t uses the c word with reckless abandon! :D

In my experience the C word is considered very offensive in the UK, a colleague once used it in an outburst and there was an obvious gasp from everyone is earshot. Myself and people I know don't use it, in less someone is really really really really angry/outraged/fuming!

Agreed it's a horrible word and shouldn't really be used in any circumstances!!

Oh I don't know. I'm a Brit, and we use it in my circle ironically, for fun. It amuses us :smile: (Often the best way to reduce the offensiveness of language is to make a joke of it.) For info to Americans and other non-Brits, though it is generally considered an exceptionally offensive word here in the UK, and best avoided.

99% of the time I agree with you on this, however for whatever reason, the C word and the N word are the only two words that I just CANNOT tolerate, even as a joke, even when it's meant to depower the hatefulness of the word. I'm not offended by others using them in that way, I just can't personally go with it.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like it when Mr Burns called U2 'wankers'. I happen to agree with hjim. I do like it when people from other countries use our swears.

I can't stop giggling when I hear someone called 'Randy' on the telly. I know it's puerile, but why would a person be called that?

Also, does anyone think that the word 'panties' sounds seedy?
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    And of course what you Americans call a bicycle, over here we call a spazzwanker.

Absolutely and when you visit London be sure to ask where you can hire a Boris Spazzwanker

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Boris is, a total one.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options

And pants are underwear.

lol seriously?
    Yes, seriously.

So what do you call what we call pants... do you refer to them by the style (jeans, khakis, etc)? What if you have a collection of different styles, how do you refer to the group (ie "Can you put these pants in the washer")?
    I am American, so I am the "we" in this situation.

I actually don't know the answer to that. Slacks, maybe? Or possibly by the style. I'm sure a kind Brit will come along to help us!

'Trousers' is the singular and the collective noun :bigsmile:
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I like it when Mr Burns called U2 'wankers'. I happen to agree with hjim. I do like it when people from other countries use our swears.

I can't stop giggling when I hear someone called 'Randy' on the telly. I know it's puerile, but why would a person be called that?

Also, does anyone think that the word 'panties' sounds seedy?

Yes! Panties always sounds seedy to me!

I feel like their isn't a good word for ladies undergarments. Knickers sounds somewhat childish maybe because it rhymes with snicker? Underwear sounds utilitarian, thongs sound...divisive, chonies sound silly.

A word should be made.
  • HeidiGrrrl
    HeidiGrrrl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I know we speak the same language, but I can't understand a word you're saying. O_o