Do you become lazy when you are on period?

Options
124»

Replies

• MamaNatalie13
    Options
    YEP. All I want to do it sit/eat/complain....stereotypical but true, unfortunately.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like not doing or doing something because you have your period is making excuses - depending on everything. Using your period to eat more isn't an excuse. It's something your body actually deserves due to the fact that you are burning extra calories at the time. Using your period as an excuse to eat a whole tub of chocolate ice scream even though it doesn't fit in your day what so ever, that's not right. I don't work out on certain days of mine because I've overly tired and get cramps that are so bad I actually puke here and there. I sleep more because my body wants more sleep. And on certain days I eat more because that's what my body wants - and on some days I don't eat enough because it's almost like I have the flu. It all depends on you. You know what a valid excuse is and what isn't.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    My brain screams at me to eat everything in the cupboards and then go back to bed, but I fight the urge and carry on as usual.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Not lazy, but very fatigued.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Day 1 I'm exhausted and have cramps so I usually rest, but not always. The rest of the few days I'm fine.
  • sweetbamaTLC
    sweetbamaTLC Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Don't you feel week though when you get period?

No, I feel month though.

LOL!
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    No I don't get lazy still work hard and lift heavy....just with more complaining than usual.
  • taraEdwards867
    taraEdwards867 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have less energy than usual and get a little more hungry. I don't get carried away, but that's the week i have small dark chocolate indulgences :)
  • healthytipsforu
    healthytipsforu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one. when i get my period, i feel the same way. once ur period is about to end, go exercise, do yoga, go jogging etc. xD thats would i do. always works for me :)

http://healthytipsforu.ifoxsolutions.com
  • charlottemmarks
    charlottemmarks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The amount of strength and effort it takes to pop ibuprofen like they're candy proves that I combat my laziness on those unfortunate days. But, seriously, yes. You're bloated, you're crampy, your vagina is excreting less-than-appealing gunk... who wouldn't want to sit on the couch and Netflix all day long? With that being said, once I'm in a normal, daily exercise routine, most of the really harsh physical symptoms are alleviated quite a bit (well, except the blood gushing, but short of harpoons, there's not much I can do about that) which allows me to be approximately .0002% less lazy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like not doing or doing something because you have your period is making excuses - depending on everything. Using your period to eat more isn't an excuse. It's something your body actually deserves due to the fact that you are burning extra calories at the time. Using your period as an excuse to eat a whole tub of chocolate ice scream even though it doesn't fit in your day what so ever, that's not right. I don't work out on certain days of mine because I've overly tired and get cramps that are so bad I actually puke here and there. I sleep more because my body wants more sleep. And on certain days I eat more because that's what my body wants - and on some days I don't eat enough because it's almost like I have the flu. It all depends on you. You know what a valid excuse is and what isn't.

it doesn't "deserve" anything. my body is my bi!tch- it just doesn't get a a say until it's not functioning any more.

You can survive just fine on a slightly larger deficit- eating more on your period is totally not required- can you? sure- most people take it way to far. It's just easier to NOT eat extra and just play it safe and mentally check of some extra deficit for the month and bonus points to you. But it's not worth trying to calculate the extra 100 or so calories- it's negligible- so why take the risk?
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I stuff my face the week before. I can eat a whole fridge and not feel full. Then when the tide hits I basically hibernate for the week.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I always thought this was bologna but lately I just feel so overwhelmingly tired around that time of the month. So lazy? No not really...just more tired than usual
  • susanaaron75
    Options
    I started yesterday and I've barley moved from my recliner since! Horrible cramps, exhaustion, moody. I think I want to eat more out of simple boredom but I try very hard not too. Normally I walk 5 miles first thing in the morning, but it hurts too much to move when I'm on my period so no you are most definitely not alone!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    nope, I like to workout even more on my period, it lessens the cramps for me and keeps me from going full throttle B*mode.
  • fitnessqueeninnyc
    Options
    PMS is a B!!! I'm moody, crampy, constantly hungry, and generally find it hard to move my body, let alone work out... However, it doesn't stop me from hitting the gym or at least trying to eat slightly healthy.. For the most part, I just listen to what my body wants and if it wants rest (time permitting) I'll rest, if it wants to eat more, I eat more... c'est la vie
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Only the first two days are my lazy days. They are the heaviest and cramps are horrendous. After that I'm good. I get cravings for chocolate the first day as well. Maybe I've taught myself by now that I get it the first day. I'm not giving that up!! LOL ????