Replies

• mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks people. Feeling better about it
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Unless the OP meant 25-30 family sized bags of ruffles potato chips I'm gonna suggest that he's holding on too tightly and needs to loosen his grip on the reins a bit.

1. It's just food
    2. It's not even a lot of food
    3. There are no magical foods that instantly make you fat
    4. Even if there existed magical fat creating foods, eating a handful of them on one day wouldn't make a damn bit of difference
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    This one time, I ate a whole pint of Talenti and lived to tell the tale ;P

As everyone said, deep breath. Log and move on. 80/20. Life and things
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i just looked up ruffles calories on the frito lay website. approx 12 chips is 1 serving of 160 calories, so say you ate 2 servings - if you're worried, this wouldn't be too hard to make up later or through the week. you could cut those calories from your dinner or take a 45 minute walk.

don't panic - it would take almost 20 servings of ruffles to put 1 pound of fat on you, so 2 servings isn't so bad.

btw, i love potato chips, so i budget mine in as part of a meal so i don't miss out.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    You're fine.:flowerforyou:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I ate kettle cooked BBQ chips, 4 pieces of pizza, and 8 cookie dough Oreos with a glass of chocolate milk... On top of my regular meals today.... I made it fit within my daily caloric intake and enjoyed every last bite... This journey is all about balance and learning to make lifestyle choices that you can do just that live with the rest of your life.... I am not a Ruffles fan but do like chips and plan to fit them and other foods I want into my life here and there as I like, I would suggest you work on this yourself.... Best of Luck
  • SantiMig
    SantiMig Posts: 13
    Options
    Everybody slips up! put it behind you and move on. Results will keep you motivated.
  • sandymayhew2014
    sandymayhew2014 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Log them in with your intake. The sodium might cause water retention should you weigh in the morning. I slipped yesterday myself. It was our annual anniversary dinner at our favorite steak house, Ruth Chris. I know I went over on calories but tried to cut back yesterday to account for it and today did extra workout. Hopefully it helps.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I had about 25 tortilla chips with advocados while I was cooking dinner. I am SURE I won't gain weight from them.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've lost 175lbs sweetie, and I eat stuff like french fries, pizza, ice cream, and other things I like, I just don't go crazy with them. I didn't cut ANYTHING out of my diet. I knew that was a recipe for disaster. Now, if I sit down and eat an entire carton of ice cream, yeah, that's a problem. Or if I drink a two liter of Mountain Dew, instead of a small Mountain Dew, there's a problem. I've learned to drink/eat the proper portions, and I've done well. If you start freaking out over eating realistically, you're setting yourself up for failure. Log your foods, do your best to keep things balanced, and don't beat yourself up for having things you do enjoy, just keep them within portion size. You'll find out that things do fit, and you'll be able to enjoy more than you realize, lose weight, AND live a healthy lifestyle. Best wishes to you!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Oh, I had waaaay too many potato chips today too!
    Adjusted the rest of my food for the day & am soldiering on.
    Noted that I shouldn't do that again.
    Being over a little bit isn't going to screw you up.
    What's more likely to be a problem is the sodium holding onto water.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I used to eat an entire 12 oz bag of chips in one day. With dip. Doing this sort of thing regularly made me obese. Doing it once in a while had no effect.

Move along, nothing to see here.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Unless the OP meant 25-30 family sized bags of ruffles potato chips I'm gonna suggest that he's holding on too tightly and need to loosen his grip on the reins a little bit.

1. It's just food
    2. It's not even a lot of food
    3. There are no magical foods that instantly make you fat
    4. Even if there existed magical fat creating foods, eating a handful of them on one day wouldn't make a damn bit of difference

+1

Also, I eat chips almost every day. Most days it's a reasonable amount that also fits my macros :wink:
  • Peloton73
    Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    20 - 25 ruffles?

You're taking this way too seriously.

I was expecting to read they ate a whole family sized bag.

I used to house a giant bag of Ms. Vickie's jalapeño flavored kettle chips weekly. *sigh* I miss them.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I ate chips today too - but they were within my calorie range and all is well. You are okay :)
  • humptydumpty40
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a slip-up. You ate some chips and life goes on. 20 chips wasn't the whole bag, right?:laugh:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Stay Calm. The Chip Evacuation Squad is on their way.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    "Balance" that's what you want…it isn't a win or lose situation. Just log them…Don't beat yourself up over food..it gives the food control over you. You have control over it… So, do what you need to do to hit your calorie goal. If it means exercising for a half hour to work them off if you've gone over.. do that.:flowerforyou:
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've lost 175lbs sweetie, and I eat stuff like french fries, pizza, ice cream, and other things I like, I just don't go crazy with them. I didn't cut ANYTHING out of my diet. I knew that was a recipe for disaster. Now, if I sit down and eat an entire carton of ice cream, yeah, that's a problem. Or if I drink a two liter of Mountain Dew, instead of a small Mountain Dew, there's a problem. I've learned to drink/eat the proper portions, and I've done well. If you start freaking out over eating realistically, you're setting yourself up for failure. Log your foods, do your best to keep things balanced, and don't beat yourself up for having things you do enjoy, just keep them within portion size. You'll find out that things do fit, and you'll be able to enjoy more than you realize, lose weight, AND live a healthy lifestyle. Best wishes to you!

This is an important lessons for everyone looking to lose weight :) Food is not an enemy, there are no "bad" foods. Eat what you like, just make it fit your calorie/macro goals. Portion size is everything.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I slip up. Heck I had an entire year and a half of slipping up. A day of slipping up only messes you up if it turns into 18 months of slipping up.

Log it, remember that its ok to splurge now and then, and move a little bit more tomorrow.

Gluck :)