Feeling bummed- I ate chips

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I eat chips several times a week. The only time it hurts my progress is when I eat so many that I go over my calorie goals.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    please don't be so hard on yourself !!! you'll be fine . i agree with everyone here
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I had chips today too. Only I planned for them like I do quite often.

Are you cutting out the foods you love? If so, why? That is what leads to things like this.

For the most part ya. Like pizza, haha. What has helped me big time are my meal replacement shakes (gnc lean shake 25) I basically use it in replacement of what could potentially be a bad choice. An example being at work we have the food truck show up at 745am and the old me would get a big greasy breakfast burrito and the new me drinks a replacement shake. I figure if I cut out bad foods that I used to enjoy I eventually won't miss them. I've learned I can have healthy food that tastes delicious.

If you love pizza try making a veggie pizza on a whole wheat pita. I eat these usually once a week. You could possibly find a lower calorie pepperoni option. I didn't care for the turkey pepperoni myself. Though could use some of the lower calorie deli ham cut up too. Oscar mayer makes some that are only 30-45 calories a slice. Eat one with a big salad. Make a pita sandwich and eat a serving of chips.
  • Ehecatl915
    Options
    I believe you will be fine. Chips aren't that bad, its not like you ate 25 cheese cakes. If you feel real bad then go take a walk or swim and work the calories off. You have to live with reality, its not a diet, you should be eating for a way of life and you have to add in things that you know you can't live without forever. Just stay empowered and keep it going on.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I eat chips all the time - hasn't set me back. As others said, log it and move on.

I also eat pizza, burgers, ice cream, drink alcohol - in moderation and these things fit into my goals - at least most of the time. Even with being over my calorie goal at least once a week, I still make progress. This is life - I'm living it, enjoying the things I love wile still staying fit and losing the fat. :drinker:

Don't be bummed!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    There are no "bad " foods. What is wrong with eating ruffles? They're good! Just log it and adjust your cals for the day as needed.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I have lost nearly 9 pounds in the past 3 weeks and I don't know why but I ate probably 20-25 ruffles today. I hope this does not set me back. It happened and I need to continue to push forward. Anyone else slip up and found it didn't really affect any of your past progress?
    There is nothing wrong with chips. I have some up in the cabinet for when I want chips. I grab my food scale, measure a portion (or a portion and a half!) and eat my chips.

Everything in moderation.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I had chips today too. A 66g bag for 360 calories. My first real treat in 101 days. They were cinnamon bun flavour. Suprisingly good. Log them and carry on.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    we dont make slips. no such thing we make choices. you ate the chips you owned it . log it and carry on with your day.. IF chips are a bad choice for you make the next thing on plan.. . dont look at it like you blew it. so you can eat whatever.. moderation not deprivation.. you will be fine. you got this!

no beating yourself up.enjoy life..
  • losingdays
    losingdays Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    'don't let a cheat meal turn into a cheat day' - BOOM! that's really struck a chord for me, thank you! Gonna store that little nugget of wisdom away for the next day I feel like throwing the baby out with the bathwater due to having 'accidentally' eaten some junk food haha :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I had chips today too. A 66g bag for 360 calories. My first real treat in 101 days. They were cinnamon bun flavour. Suprisingly good. Log them and carry on.
    Sounds delicious! What brand?
  • cece5300
    cece5300 Posts: 48
    Options
    I ate sweet n salty pretzels today. 2 servings! ENJOY YOUR FOOD. Losing weight doesn't mean "Never eat good food ever again." I've slipped up WAY too much this week but you log it and you move on!
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Diets over
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If that is what constitutes failing a "diet" then I would fail every day :wink:
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My last slip up was 2 weeks ago, I had 2 samosas and moved on. I didn't mind it cause I knew that i learned next time not to eat them. Another slip up was fried onions, had a few rings realized they weren't as good as i thought and now I'll never eat them.
    Mistakes are good to learn from, unless you force yourself to eat something you know is bad. Just keep your head held high and move on.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You messed up a little. Lifestyle changes aren't easy, but they're worth it in the end.

They don't say, "Bad habits are heard to break" for nothing. :)

Let it go. Move on.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Please ignore the odd people saying you messed up. You DIDN"T mess up. You just ate some food. Log it and all is ok.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole slice of cake because it was my niece's birthday a few days ago. I was only a couple hundred from my calorie limit. I just waited a while and then went out for a walk. I did not gain anything back. In fact I think I lost half a pound.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you would have stopped at 25 before you made a change?

And yes log and make it work ...80:20
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    even if i ate the whole bag of chips (which i have done from time to time over the past 2 years…) it hasn't derailed my overall life.