Skinny/ Fit people Problems

Options

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I live in asia.... one of the problems i'm finding is that now all the american size clothing are way to big (wide)... and the asian size clothing are too short....

so i'm kind of looking like peewee herman...

My husband found this problem out as well.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I like the word 'skinny' it didn't have negative connotations when I was growing up and I still use it to refer to someone who isn't buff but also isn't carrying much extra fat.

Anyway, going out for a jog the day before yesterday, I had to veer off to avoid swarming yellow jackets. Also, I fear the other vegans would take my vegan card away if they knew how many bugs I inhale on my runs. And yet I must have my legal endorphin high. Now that I've cleaned the crap out of my diet, I can't stay inside, much less in my chair all day. Must go!

In addition to a higher grocery bill (much higher!) thanks to the produce section coupled with a burning desire to learn to cook, even thrift store shopping is biting me in the wallet because now I find clothes I feel confident in EVERYWHERE! And plus I had to cut up my I don't give a damn what I look like, I'm not a girly girl card. It was hard to read anyway. Had to use tiny type to fit.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Okay, neither skinny/slim nor fit yet, but definitely having some of these problems!

I realised this weekend is that I bought some camisole tops to go under a couple of low cut dresses and I now wear them all the time! I would never have done that 70lb ago. I've got to buy some more now. :sad:

The skinny jeans my partner donated to me four months ago are now way too large.

I've developed a disturbing habit of running up stairs and escalators. People give me funny looks when I pelt past them.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options

My obese family members think I'm too thin (they tell me so) and try to enable my old habits when I visit them. It's an uphill struggle.

ugh....yes. my mother (and several other people) put on this worried look and ask me if I'm eating and tell me to PLEAAASE DON'T LOSE ANY MORE WEIGHT!!! every time they see me. despite the fact that I stopped losing months ago and have, in fact, intentionally put some back on. I went to visit my nana's summer cottage a couple weekends ago with my old roommate and my parents were there also. My mother pulled my friend aside to ask if I'm eating or not. I literally ate as much as the two of them put together at every meal.
    This i come from a family where people are bigger. I'm already being told now i'm so skinny, even though i'm still overweight and have a lot of fat. I want to be 150-156lbs and a size 6. I'm already tired of the weight loss comments, can't imagine how much worse they'd get after reaching goal weight. Have you also had it where friends are bit more distant with you?

I probably have some who may avoid me because they think I'm judging them whenever they eat....and to be honest, if they've expressed the desire to lose weight, don't do any exercise, stuff their faces with ridiculous amounts of food and then whine when they don't lose anything and get mad whenever I mention an issue IIII have now ("pfffft....skinny people problems *eye roll*).....then sometimes I do judge juuuust a little bit. lol....for the most part I am pretty choosy with people I would consider actual friends as opposed to acquaintances, though....so I don't have TOO many, and the ones I do are honest with me. I've had a few who have said "to be honest, I'm a little jealous, but I'm also happy for you. But jealous."....so they put it out there and we move on. lol.
  • meganjcallaghan
    Options
    I have an apple body shape, and while I dont see a change in my waist, my shorts do fit better. But what I see is my boobs disappearing at an alarming rate. I went from a DD to a C in two months. Im so scared of what the end product is going to look like. Ive started saving for a boob lift and implants -_-

Mine went from a 44 DD to a 30 C. It is a sad state of affairs. I don't mind having small ones. I'd just rather they weren't composed of mostly skin.
  • meganjcallaghan
    Options
    I see a few people have mentioned they can't drink as much before feeling it. I always figured I was able to consume so much without any effect because I was bigger. However, since TRYING to dope myself up for a bone marrow biopsy since freezing doesn't work and they wouldn't offer any alternatives, I've found that it may be that alcohol, along with every other drug known to man simply doesn't work on me at all. Everyone kept telling me "one T3...or 1 Ativan and I'm down for the count" or at least they can't drive because they're too drowsy. So, knowing drugs don't do much on me at all I tripled that....3 T3, 3 Ativan....and because I heard that alcohol is supposed to compound the effects of both drugs, so you shouldn't drink while you have them....I had 3 or 4 ounces hard liquor as well. Thought "THAT should do it!".....nothing. nada. zilch. Did not affect me even in the slightest, and thus, I had the (hands down) worst medical experience of my entire life.

At least now I know this....if I should ever need to make some quick cash, I can just take my 140 pound self down to a local drinking establishment and challenge some big dude to a contest. He'll take one look at me and put everything he owns on the table :P. Hopefully he also owns a truck so that I can get it all to my house :P.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    We all DREAM that that will be us one day!
    I like slim better than skinny.

I am older and I have the problem that I still have clothes which are thirty or forty years old size 4. They fit, but I am too old for them.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I wish I had "skinny" problems...I only have "fat" problems...like muffin tops, and pants fitting tighter every day....*sigh*...
  • Holla4mom
    Options
    These were all SO good and motivational. I can't wait to lose so many inches that a HRM is too big, or for my pants to fall off, or to lose (a little, JUST a little) of the cushion in my portable seat pillow, lol!
  • Holla4mom
    Options
    I wish I had "skinny" problems...I only have "fat" problems...like muffin tops, and pants fitting tighter every day....*sigh*...

So this is not you in your profile pic, I assume. THIS person is seriously fit. If not, you'll get there!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I was at a bar and this chic starts hitting on me and buys me a drink. We start chatting and all of the sudden her friend shows up. I didn't know what to do. How do I choose? They were both smokin' hot. What did I do? Chose them both if you know what I'm sayin'! #fitpeopleproblems
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    My tailbone hurts when I sit for a while, guess it had lots of protection before. I'm also cold ALL THE TIME!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

So this is not you in your profile pic, I assume. THIS person is seriously fit. If not, you'll get there!

I carry all my baggage on lower half...
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Losing weight disproportionately. I'm starting to see increased definition in my delts, my hammies and quads, my triceps.

My muffin top, however, is going nowhere. Yet....
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Back when I first lost weight, in the 1990s, at my lightest I wore pants and shorts in size 29 (or even 28 with some manufacturers). Many stores stocked only 30 and up.

I don't think I'll get that light now. But vanity sizing has arrived in men's clothing: the size 32 dress pants that I bought last weekend fit my 34-inch waist.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    - i get cold easier
    - my clothes have become quite baggy, but i too don't want to buy lots of new ones just yet as i have a bit more weight/inches to go
    - DEFINITELY frustrating that it takes more time to burn more calories
    - friends/family saying stuff like "you're so tiny!", "you disappeared!", all that... i get it's a compliment (usually), but it just feels kind of abrasive...
  • bjg2993
    bjg2993 Posts: 107
    Options
    A vast increase in unwanted attention and sexual comments.

This is the one thing that makes me wish I'd never lost weight.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what everyone else said...

Being cold
    Going clothes shopping and finding that no one carries pants with a waist under 34 inches and "small" shirts being closer to a medium or large

Those are my two biggest gripes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Losing weight disproportionately. I'm starting to see increased definition in my delts, my hammies and quads, my triceps.

My muffin top, however, is going nowhere. Yet....

Haha yeah. I have muscular legs and arms, but still too much fat in my midsection.

And two extra 'boobs' that hang there when I bend over (over my bellybutton), thanks loose skin.
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!

I get the "you're wasting away" comment a lot at work. Also, I'm always freezing and it's summer!