30lbs by St Patricks Day! NEW Motivation Group 12/2010

Options

Replies

• life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    was 270.2 now 272
    im blaming it on being sick. no desire to drink water right now, drinking to many calories, my dear sweet friend brought my soda to make my throat feel better but not diet and energy drinks to get me moving when i have no choice. i have also not worked out in 4 days :( hope i kick this cold soon.
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You know, I thought this would be tough week. Can wait for next week, we're all gonna blow it out!!!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Alrighty, here's what I've got for this week - you'll notice the initial number was your starting number, followed by current number (I'm not putting every week on, just start and current). I'm not doing any removals for people that didn't weigh in yesterday, since this is a holiday weekend, but I'll remove next week for people that joined and then never updated/haven't been active at all.

We're all doing amazing - especially with the holidays here! Great work!

12/24/2010 30 lbs By St Patrick’s Day Group
    Aholtz1 – 207 | 205.6 (-1.4lb)
    Bk360mom – 214.1
    Blackchick38 – 235 | 235
    Brenott – 225 | 221.6 (- 3.4)
    Etrnltrust - 213
    Fiammafiore - 235
    GFPeggy11 – 258
    Husstler – 242.3 | 242.2 (-.1)
    Jbqueen – 183 | 181 (-2)
    Jlynny1811 – 199
    Jmt327 - 209
    Jojoof4 - 228
    Justinswife - 181.5 | 177.6 (-3.9)
    Klwa - 162.8 | 160.2 (-2.6)
    Life1979_24 - 272.5 | 272(-.5)
    Lilysmommy1120 - 188
    Lindakp83 – 211.6
    Mandajo2 – 163
    Mbodine – 211.4 |216.8 (-.8)
    Nataliemra - 215
    Pandy123 – 161
    Poeticpurl – 224| 223.8 (-.2)
    Shaunadroddy – 215
    Sheilabennett – 183 | 188
    Supernonna – 180 | 177.2 (-2.8)
    Tanya 761 - 196
    Themommie – 216 | 214.5 (-1.5)
    Velvetechos - 229 | 225.4 (-3.6)
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I forgot to post my weigh in! 320.4.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas. I think I must have eaten 10,000 calories!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    I forgot to post my weigh in! 320.4.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas. I think I must have eaten 10,000 calories!

Woohooo!!! Nice loss!!! Merry Christmas to you :)
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi :) you got my loss right, but not my weight. 210.6 :)
  • ymamyma
    Options
    I'm trying a new crock pot recipe today - easy ingredients: beer and pork loin chops.
    I think I'll use berry weiss. DELICIOUS.
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Hi :) you got my loss right, but not my weight. 210.6 :)

Just fixed it! I wasn't even close, lol!!
  • tldfatty
    tldfatty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just want to wish ya'll good luck.
    I just finished my 31 lb. lose in 91 days, I don't know if this will help but here goes.
    I'm 64+ years weighed 231 and wanted to take pressure off of my knees. I started at 1800 calories and downgraded weekly, 1600, 1400 then stopped at 1300 using MFP. I generally tried to keep my calories between 1200 and 1300.
    Breakfast was Fresh FRUIT (2 cups) and a banana, V-8 (8oz.) and black coffee ---daily!
    Stopped all potato's, white bread and rice --- to many carbs.
    Stooped all sugar, switched to Truvia.
    6 to 8 cups of water daily and 2 Coke Zero's every day.
    No food after 6 p.m.
    Exercise was to little to count, maybe 15 minute weekly, stretching, push-ups, leg lifts.
    I hope this helps someone, again
    Good Luck!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    I'm trying a new crock pot recipe today - easy ingredients: beer and pork loin chops.

Mmmmm, that does sound good! I have a crock pot, and I should really try it out someday, it's been collecting dust for years :-o
  • ymamyma
    Options

Mmmmm, that does sound good! I have a crock pot, and I should really try it out someday, it's been collecting dust for years :-o

I am obsessed with mine!! There are so many fabulous things you can make!
  • melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    is it too late to join?

Start date: Sept 1 2010
    Goal Weight: 150
    Weight loss so far 15
    Current Weight 175
    Goal Weight for St Pat's 160

New Habits for 2011:
    Increase exercise in gym from 2 to 3 times per week
    Add one yoga or exercise class per week
    Watch the fat numbers as well as the calories
    Work through a new healthy cookbook to create low fat variety in yummy meals -- possibly blog it!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Just want to wish ya'll good luck.
    I just finished my 31 lb. lose in 91 days, I don't know if this will help but here goes.
    I'm 64+ years weighed 231 and wanted to take pressure off of my knees. I started at 1800 calories and downgraded weekly, 1600, 1400 then stopped at 1300 using MFP. I generally tried to keep my calories between 1200 and 1300.
    Breakfast was Fresh FRUIT (2 cups) and a banana, V-8 (8oz.) and black coffee ---daily!
    Stopped all potato's, white bread and rice --- to many carbs.
    Stooped all sugar, switched to Truvia.
    6 to 8 cups of water daily and 2 Coke Zero's every day.
    No food after 6 p.m.
    Exercise was to little to count, maybe 15 minute weekly, stretching, push-ups, leg lifts.
    I hope this helps someone, again
    Good Luck!

Thank you so much for the info - and congrats on your success!!!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    is it too late to join?

Start date: Sept 1 2010
    Goal Weight: 150
    Weight loss so far 15
    Current Weight 175
    Goal Weight for St Pat's 160

New Habits for 2011:
    Increase exercise in gym from 2 to 3 times per week
    Add one yoga or exercise class per week
    Watch the fat numbers as well as the calories
    Work through a new healthy cookbook to create low fat variety in yummy meals -- possibly blog it!

Not too late to join at all, the more people to share the journey with, the better! I'd be a bit wary at this point of someone coming in and wanting to lose 30lb between now and 3/17 since that's well over 2lb a week, but your goal is reasonable. That said, anyone is welcome to join at any time if they're looking for a group of healthy living minded individuals for support :)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Weekly challenge, beginning tomorrow!!

Try and find creative ways to add activity to the day! Are you doing squats or marching in place while brushing your teeth? Tricep dips on the kitchen counter while waiting for the toaster to pop or the kettle to boil? Jogging in place during ad breaks if you watch tv?

Have fun with it, and try to be mindful of your body and it's activity levels. Come back here daily and tell us where you snuck in a little extra movement!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Just letting you know I will have my SW New Year's if I haven't already. Hope everyone had a great holiday! :happy:

Not sure if I'll reach another 30 lbs, I didn't on the Christmas challenge I joined but a loss is a loss!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I will join this group. That will be about 3 pounds a week. I plan to eat a lot of vegetables. They contain less calories and sugar than fruits, so they have lesser effects on weight and help to stablize hunger better.
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    im in :smile:
    just recently started mfp and i love the idea of 30 pounds gone by st patricks day :happy:
    my sw is 216 and my gw is 150 i have long ways to go lol but i need to do this for my health
    its easy to be a couch potato its hard to face overeating or whatever you want to call it :indifferent:
    im glad i caught this support group right on time :happy:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im interested in joining the group. I'll use my weigh in from Friday as my starting weight for this challenge, which was 188.5. There is about 12 weeks until St Patricks Day so my goal weight will be 165 (-23.5)
  • holden618
    Options
    I'm soo ready to do this!