What's on your "No" list?

Options

Replies

• BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    While calories aren't the only thing to consider, there are somethings I just feel like I get too little of food for the amount of calories they have. Pasta is a good example.

A cup of pasta is roughly 400 calories. A "decent" amount of food but for roughly 400 calories, I can eat a 6oz piece of boneless/skinless chicken breast, an entire package of Birdseye Steam Fresh Brocolli & Cauliflower and a 90 calorie FiberOne brownie. A much more complete and satisfying meal.

If I only ate the pasta, I'd feel like I was missing something and a 400 calorie meal would turn into 700 calories just because I didn't feel like I got enough to eat. Things like treats (ice cream, cake, desserts), I am willing to just suck it up and take the 400 calorie hit the one time. For day in/day out meals, I want value for my calories.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Blue Bell. My nemesis. :/
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Oh, forgot to include - no to eating after 8pm until the morning :) (Reforming nighttime eater)
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Italian style pastas (Asian are okay) and cantaloupe because they're both disgusting. Other than that, I would never remove something I enjoy entirely.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    No...

See I thought this would be logical like...things in life that we generally say no to...like spiders. Spiders are a HELL no.
    Or...earwax flavor jelly bellies (they do exist)...

Eating Dog meat....that's on my no list...

In all seriousness, I didn't find completely eliminating a food from my diet to be realistic or productive. It creates the "forbidden fruit" scenario...then all you think about is the thing you said you can't have...I love donuts, so I have one once every few months...I love potato chips but only eat them very rarely (every 6 months maybe?)
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Please send me your brussel sprouts and small portions of your "Italian style pastas." What's wrong with brussel sprouts, anyway? :laugh:

Warning: Do not feed your small child this many brussel sprouts.
    article-2517327-19CDC94000000578-85_306x423.jpg
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Stuff that has no nutritonal value. I don't really limit per diet per se but I try to eat healthy, just not calorie-wise but content-wise.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I've banned nothing, I just can't have crisps, cake, biscuits etc laying around as I'd just eat the whole packet. My partner will buy pringles and we'll end up sharing one tube as a snack!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Please send me your brussel sprouts and small portions of your "Italian style pastas." What's wrong with brussel sprouts, anyway? :laugh:

Warning: Do not feed your small child this many brussel sprouts.
    article-2517327-19CDC94000000578-85_306x423.jpg

wait, what?! who doesn't like brussel sprouts? I love love love them but don't have them much :(
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I only ban stuff I don't like: olives, coconut milk, white sauces.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Blue Bell. My nemesis. :/
    [/quote

is thar the protein powder or theice cream?
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a "no list", I don't want to deprive myself of foods, when I can just exercise more . If I want something , I portion it out and enjoy it. I did however stop drinking coffee because of all the sugar and cream I was using and wash't ever drinking a full cup, so I just stopped making it all together. Other then that, I may find healthier alternatives to foods I like or just eat a smaller portion but cutting foods completely out of my diet has never been beneficial for me long term.
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Soda is on my no list, diet or regular are absolutely not worth drinking, but i've never been a big soda drinker anyway.
    Pizza is on my no list for now, as I believe I have a slight addiction to them, and can't stop myself when I start one, approaching 2 weeks without one now :)
  • LoriGW46
    LoriGW46 Posts: 11
    Options
    Donuts, store-bought cookies, sodas of any kind, red meat, deep fried foods of any kind, most chips.
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You know what's funny, I gave up sugar for 100 days this year and even though I'm not 100% SF now, I do tend to eat almost nothing with processed sugar. Had a cookie at work and it was disgusting. One of those store-bought cookies with M&Ms. Bleh. Package offers more than the content as it did look pretty. But I thought it interesting how not only don't I miss sugar, it doesn't taste good to me any longer.
  • Erin31811
    Options
    I dont have anything that is really a No, its a lifestyle change so everything in moderation :)

The only thing I have refused to eat is a Dominos Pizza... I love them, but the calories are horrific, I will have one when I hit target.. its the ultimate treat :)
  • TexasDarling09
    TexasDarling09 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My main "no" is Chicken express (one SMALL meal is an entire days worth of calories), then the Paradise Pie from Chili's. Which is... CRAZY. over 1500 calories.

Sodas.

None of those yummy things.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Telling myself 'no'.

Deprivation often leads to binges. :x

I do try to stay away from soda though but mainly because I prefer to EAT my calories rather than drink them :x
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I try not to cut out anything but I do avoid any fizzy drinks (though sometimes have diet coke if I'm out and not drinking alcohol) and processed sugar. I avoid sweets like the plague. I never eat dessert in a restaurant either. Seems to work for me :)
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Nutella is not allowed in the house. I am so weak for it that I will sit in the corner of my house and eat it out the bottle with a spoon. So it is banned, although I love it.

you say that as though there is another way to eat nutella... :huh: :smile:

I have no 'no list'. That's one of the things I'm enjoying most about calorie counting; there is no lists of foods that are ok, and foods that are banned.