• eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    the word no

This x 1000
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Although I'm switching to single-serve packets of Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter rather than buying a jar. A jar can be gone within a few days without me even realizing how much I'm eating. :laugh:
  • alexsondra34
    alexsondra34 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sugar on my coffee and tea, baked goods with the exception of a slice of bread(once in a while) and crisp bread, mayo except once in a while with really low cal. food i.e.white asparagus, chips, cheese (very little), waitrose moroccan houmus ( i logged it and was shocked at how much fat it has)....i better stop writting now, i have to do this for at least 5 to 6 months and thinking of what i shouldn't eat it's going to make me cry......cheeesseeeee:sad:
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "no" list. Just an eat all things in moderation list!
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have lost 10.5 lbs in about 25 days and this is what I cut out.

Alcohol (16 days no booze so far- although I will try and drink less, I dont think I can cut this out completely)
    fried foods
    pizza
    cheese burgers
    soda
    cheese (I have not cut out everything, but notice I am eating a lot less cheese)
    choclate bars (not much of a sweet tooth, but if I get one I will eat trail mix instead)
    fries (never really a huge french fry fan, but at a resturant I will sub fries for salad, or rice if I want carbs)
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet so there is nothing restricted. It is simply a question of whether I want it or not. It's real easy to say no to my husband's offer of a bowl of ice cream knowing that I'll simply take back in the 600 calories I just burned kayaking on the lake.
  • mhlew
    Options
    I am not on a diet either, however it is a lifestyle change I need to make. It is too easy to go back to my old habits if I am aloud to have pizza or soda whenever I want as long as it fits in my diet. It just makes it too easy to mess up, so I rather not play with fire.

Some people have more will power than others busy I can slip too easy so I leave it out, and if I want it I will have it on my monthly cheat meal day.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in "no" lists... I eat whatever I want in moderation.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    hakka chinese food...way too high in fat and sodium for it to be woth it for me to indulge.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    absolutely nothing
  • mhlew
    Options
    All you must have some real strong will power to not cut out foods. More power to you I suppose. The results I have seen make it worth to me what I feel like cutting out.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Arsenic.
    Barring that...nothing. I eat absolutely anything I want, just reasonable portions of it.
  • tamara3226
    Options
    There are certain foods we all try to give up completely when starting a new diet. What have you banned (or tried to ban) from your life? Pizza, pasta, soda, and red meat are on mine. Have you had long term success with banning these foods from your diet?

Gummie Bears from Sprouts (bulk isle) .... it's about the only thing I can't seem to make myself put down after a serving. 5 bears turns into the whole bag.

Other than that moderation is the rule.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Factory made food.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    All you must have some real strong will power to not cut out foods. More power to you I suppose. The results I have seen make it worth to me what I feel like cutting out.

to each their own. Because I run so much if I said no to high calorie/high sodium/high whatever foods I would have a huge problem maintaining my weight. I'm already having an issue staying within 2 pounds of my 145 goal. I keep slipping too far below. Because I have around 16 - 17 pounds of excess skin which I can't really count as helpful weight that contributes to overall health since it's uselss poundage just hanging off my body, which I could have hacked off today and it wouldn't make a difference to my body's function, I have to keep in mind that my lean mass/essential fat and all that good stuff would be closer to 124 or 125. I've gone as low as 135 and certain "things" stopped functioning like they're supposed to because my body fat was too low despite the scale looking like I should be fine. At this point I'm still alright at 141 but I have to eat like a beast to stay there. I'm looking at around 3600 - 4000 calories a day depending on my activity. If I had to keep it all "healthy" I can't even imagine the sheer volume of food I'd have to toss down my gullet to hit those numbers. lol.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I will occasionally have ice cream, fried foods, chocolate, pizza, pretty much anything I want, just little of it.

There are a few things I've found I'm unable to control myself eating, so I avoid buying them:
    potato chips, crackers, oreos.
    If they're at a party I'll have a few, but when I give in & buy them at the store I always regret it afterwards.

Other than that, I do avoid most foods with little to no nutritional value, like sugared cereals, pop tarts, cake, brownies (again, I'll have some at a party), usually avoid soda/pop, usually avoid highly-processed foods.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Soda is on my "NO" list unless I get an upset stomach ,then it's a ginger-ale or a sprite.

This
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Only foods on my "NO" list are food I don't care for, so cilantro is at the top of that list. :laugh:

I still eat pizza, burgers, drink beer, wine, margaritas, ice cream, cake, candy bars, etc. and fit them into my goals. It's been 2 & 1/2 years since I hit goal weight, still doing well. :drinker:
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    There are certain foods we all try to give up completely when starting a new diet. What have you banned (or tried to ban) from your life? Pizza, pasta, soda, and red meat are on mine. Have you had long term success with banning these foods from your diet?

I eatz everything!!! Hopefully just not all at once. :bigsmile:
  • Dianemarie65
    Dianemarie65 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of going on a chocolate fast. I have done that before and it did help. Somedays I only crave a food that has chocolate in it.