what do you have for breakfast?

Options
alexsondra34
alexsondra34 Posts: 57 Member
hello there people, i'm new here. I've been trying to cut out the calories and i'm doing alright except for breakfast.
i'd pretty much always had 2 gluten free toast with margerine+ jam and coffee and i need something filling in the morning as otherwise i can't function.

Any sugestions beyond scrambled eggs? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ShrinkingKari
    ShrinkingKari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 packets of oatmeal for breakfast. Then I am full until lunch time. Oatmeal is big for me because I have NEVER tolerated oatmeal before and now I am loving it.
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    I don't know your calorie goal. I've eaten anything from oatmeal to grits to omelets. Here lately I eat a 40 calorie toast, fried egg using nonstick spray and precooked bacon.

Other choices are yogurt with granola, breakfast bars, smoothies.
  • IrisFlute
    IrisFlute Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Here's what I had this morning:

2 corn tortillas (70 cal each = 140 cal), 1/2 cup fat-free refried beans (100 cal), 1 egg, fried (80 cal), 1/2 tsp of oil for oiling the pan for the tortillas and egg (20 cal). Total calories 340.

You could add a spoonful of salsa on this -- I just didn't have any handy today.

And some fruit along with it.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Bacon
    Cottage cheese
    Yogurt
    Slice of cheese
    Turkey sausage

One slice of thick cut bacon is only 80 calories (but 240 mg sodium). Just one slice helps me stave off the hunger until lunchtime. Wondering if it's the protein that seems to work for me.

I've had a bowl of oatmeal with quinoa, walnuts, dates and raisins which was so tasty and also helped control the hunger.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    2 frozen waffles....lite syrup....small pat of butter.
    About 270 cals.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    egg whites with zucchini, portabella mushrooms, & cayenne or jalapenos.. mmmm
  • cuppycake22
    Options
    I have scrambled eggs (1 egg, 3 egg whites with a little water added and some seasoning) with 1 slice of rye bread and a little bit of butter. It doesn't seem like it would fill you up but it definitely does!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs(they sell them pre made)
    morningstar vegetable bacon/sausage
    100 calorie thomas english muffins
    cottage cheese with fruit
    Quaker old fashioned oatmeal, I add a TBS. of honey or pure maole syrup
    Jimmie Dean breakfast sandwiches. ( I eat one with 210 cals)
    gluten free pumpkim spice waffles-(just one and I add protein to my meal)
    vita tops

example: english muffin with sliced egg and 3 slices veggie bacon=250 calories

Dont limit yourself...who says you cannot have a leftover piece of chicken?
  • PhoenixGT13
    PhoenixGT13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Protein always with bread. So -- peanut butter on the toast -- or cottage cheese -- or Greek yogurt -- a cheese stick -- melt some cheese on the toast -- or one scrambled egg with cheese melted on top -- my personal fave breakfast is poached egg on a bialy with a slice of Swiss cheese on top.
  • purplenurse711
    purplenurse711 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Why just have breakfast food for breakfast?
    Grilled chicken breast
    Steak and eggs
    Mutigrain waffles
    Oatmeal w/ nut and fruit topping
    Omelets filled with meat/veggies/cheeses
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    1 egg over medium, 2 slices of bacon and coffee with half and half + splenda
  • UsernameisNick
    Options
    Have you tried fruit smoothies?
  • _IronDan_
    _IronDan_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6am but don't actually eat breakfast until 10am when I have a 6 egg omelette (2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites) with a small side salad.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I always have 1 boiled egg, 1 piece of 45 calorie bread with sugar free jam and a piece of fruit with a cup of coffee.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This morning I had pancakes and Greek yogurt. Tomorrow I think I'm having a breakfast burrito. Somtimes it's a protein shake (Greek yogurt, protein powder, and fruit) or steel cut oats & fruit or Greek yogurt and fruit if I'm trying to stay light or maybe fried eggs with veggies.

Without knowing what kind of calorie/macro goals you're aiming for, you're going to get a wide variety of answers to this question. I hope you find some ideas that you can make work with your personal routine.
  • tamlinhorne
    Options
    I make steel cut oats in my rice cooker, setting it the night before so it's ready after my morning run. Then I add frozen blueberries and maple syrup. Sometimes I add dried cherries and nuts. Oatmeal is the perfect heart-healthy delivery system for your daily nutrients.
  • brucestjohn
    brucestjohn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 packets of oatmeal for breakfast. Then I am full until lunch time. Oatmeal is big for me because I have NEVER tolerated oatmeal before and now I am loving it.

I do the same thing. One package of peaches and cream and one package of strawberry mixed together. I was never much of an oatmeal person but this is really good and I'm full until my next meal rolls around.
  • ericarenee2005
    Options
    I dig having vanilla yogurt with gluten free granola and chia seeds plus some fruit..whatever kind you like.

Either that or gluten free oatmeal with chia seeds.

Sometimes I do a smoothie with spinach, kale, chia seeds, milk of choice, protein powder of choice, frozen strawberries and blueberries, and a banana

Also like to have a banana with peanut butter in place of toast.

I'm not big on gluten free bread.

If you like pancakes there is a recipe for three ingredient gluten free pancakes.

2 eggs

2 medium bananas

1/8 teaspoon baking powder

whip up your eggs and mash your bananas and mix all ingredients together. You are supposed to leave some small chunks of bananas for texture.

Cook like regular pancakes, but be careful not to flip them too soon and don't make big ones. Make small sized ones I would say about a tablespoon to 2 for each pancake. It's healthy and pretty good actually.

Hope I gave you some ideas. Good luck!
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup full-fat cottage cheese, 2 T pumpkin seeds and 1/2 cup fruit is one of my go-tos.
    One fried egg and toast + fruit
    One fried egg, two corn tortillas and 1/4 to 1/2 an avocado.
    Oatmeal, hard-boiled egg or turkey breakfast sausage and fruit.
    Jimmy Dean makes good pre-cooked, frozen turkey breakfast sausage.

If I don't get at least 300-350 calories and a decent amount of protein, it's not a good day.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I made up a batch of zucchini muffins (zucchini, whole wheat flour, honey and spices). They are 178 calories and very yummy.