Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Caffeine
  • vicdamone78
    vicdamone78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well, remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No wonder you can't function. that's too little of a meal to kick start your day. Try to make breakfast the meal that you eat the most calories on and just cut down on the other meals. A good example would be a 2 egg spinach omelette(only 1 yolk) and a morning smoothie like 0% fat milk, a banana and 1 table spoon of peanut butter. That's about 500 calories and should get your morning going. It all depends on your caloric needs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    40g of oatmeal with 20-25g of nut butter (and a bit of stevia). Keeps me full for hours and it's only about 300 calories. I've tried everything else I can think of, it's the best combination for me (it was that or eggs+toast+bacon+yogurt, so 500ish calories for the same level of satiety).
  • SunshineKimL
    SunshineKimL Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1 egg scrambled in nonstick pan
    1 corn tortilla
    1 Slice turkey bacon or sausage link
    1 Tbs. reduced fat cheese
    Coffee with creamer and sugar.

Oatmeal with 1 slice toast with 1 tsp butter

Frozen waffles with sugar free syrup

If I'm in a hurry I will have a protein shake.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Well, remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No wonder you can't function. that's too little of a meal to kick start your day. Try to make breakfast the meal that you eat the most calories on and just cut down on the other meals. A good example would be a 2 egg spinach omelette(only 1 yolk) and a morning smoothie like 0% fat milk, a banana and 1 table spoon of peanut butter. That's about 500 calories and should get your morning going. It all depends on your caloric needs.

Some people find that breakfast gives them increased mood or concentration in the mornings or decreased levels of hunger throughout the day and others report the exact opposite. Breakfast makes some people hungrier or more irritable throughout the day. It's not essential for weight loss and it's not necessary for all people. If someone feels better eating breakfast then they should, but it's not the most important meal of the day for everyone.
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=356514

These Mini Vegetable Frittatas are great to make in batch and reheat later.
  • tljones63
    tljones63 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is what I have !! the Walnut and raise's. Does keep you full till lunch time.
  • Oriole15
    Oriole15 Posts: 58
    Options
    steel cut oats during the week because they can be prepared the night before. Either served hot, cooked in the rice cooker on timer or served cold bircher style (1/4 cup of oats to 3/4 cup of almond milk works for me consistency wise, adjust to taste, found almond milk works better than cow's milk for it, not sure why). Add toppings to your taste, nuts, fresh fruit, dry fruit or even jam if that's what you like...
    It's quite filling.
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I eat honey bunches of oats cereal (1 cup) & Fat free milk (1/2 cup). This together is 205 calories. Sometimes I'll cut up a few strawberries or a banana to put into my cereal.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Here's what I had this morning:

2 corn tortillas (70 cal each = 140 cal), 1/2 cup fat-free refried beans (100 cal), 1 egg, fried (80 cal), 1/2 tsp of oil for oiling the pan for the tortillas and egg (20 cal). Total calories 340.

You could add a spoonful of salsa on this -- I just didn't have any handy today.

And some fruit along with it.

This is what I have as well when I have time to cook. So delicious and filling! When there is less time or I don't feel like cooking, either a bowl of multigrain Cheerios (with full fat milk, I use just a little and I find it helps me not to sugar crash later), or today - just a delicious non-fat latte from Starbucks while I grocery shopped.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    This morning I had half an avocado with habenero sauce and a Miller 64, but I wouldn't recommend that.
  • blondemotivation
    Options
    First post on myfitnesspal! But I've been reading the forums for a while now. :)
    As of late, I've been having 1 whole egg plus 1 egg white over a 100 calorie packet of instant grits (prepared as directed of course). Then I put "I can't believe its not butter" 0 calorie spray all over it. Love it when the yoke runs into the grits. Mmmm.
  • SushiKite
    SushiKite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had a homemade green juice, whole grain tortilla wrap with hummus, tomato, stir fried (no oil) zucchini and onions. About 400 Cal and 15 gms protein
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    oatmeal with an egg… usually poached or fried. green tea.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Eggs, bacon, toast.
  • vicdamone78
    vicdamone78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Some people find that breakfast gives them increased mood or concentration in the mornings or decreased levels of hunger throughout the day and others report the exact opposite. Breakfast makes some people hungrier or more irritable throughout the day. It's not essential for weight loss and it's not necessary for all people. If someone feels better eating breakfast then they should, but it's not the most important meal of the day for everyone.

It is the most important meal of the day for everyone if you are trying to be healthy and in shape unless you have a medical condition which prohibits you from eating breakfast and that is highly unlikely.
  • queboduck
    queboduck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    During the week:
    - 1/2 - 1 Cup 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
    - 1/4 Cup Nuts
    - 1/2 Cup Fiber One
    - 1/8 Cup Steel Cut Oats
    - 1 Cup Mixed Berries

Mix it all up.
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast
    - 3 eggs over-easy
    - 1 slice Ezekial Bread w/ 1/2 Tbs grassfed butter
    or 1 serving of Steel cut oats w/ Cinnamon
    - 1 serving fruit

Does the trick every time, i am always satisfied until lunch time :)

Good luck with your goals!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    1 cup cooked steel cut oats cooked with cinnamon & Honey.. add 1/8 cup walnuts, 1/8 cup pecans... 1/4 cup berries... 1/4 cup no fat plain greek yogurt... see if that don't keep ya going till lunch :).. feel free to remove or add ingredients...

IE skip the nuts and go with 1 cup cooked oats.. 1 scoop protein powder... 1/4 cup no fat greek yogurt... double the protein...

the other add ins are for additional health benefits... antioxidants...and some very good micros and minerals to keep the system running normal.
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1 whole fried egg (70 cal) on a toasted english muffin (130 cal). Sometimes with a slice of cheese to change it up, but most of the time just as-is. Been having that for breakfast for the past 2 years more or less.