Calling all MFP "meanies"

Options
Today, at work, is yet another "junk food" day featuring donuts, muffins, milk, and juice. These occur every 4-7 days or so. Anyway, I can't drink the milk and I'm diabetic. I've brought my usual eggs with veg and bacon, stuck a post it on my screen with this weeks goal weight, and am visualizing large piles of sugar all over the break room table. The donuts are calling my name anyway and I could use a little extra motivation and support. Muffins have never been a major issue. Remind me why eating the donut (donuts because I won't want to stop at one) would derail the progress I've been making. I need to read it off and on today. So, be mean - by mean I mean honest. Please no personal attacks as I don't find such things helpful or necessary.

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I saw someone sneeze all over them. Do not eat. :smile:
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just think about how guilty and crappy you will feel afterwards! And all the extra exercise you will have to do afterwards!

You can do it! Stay strong!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Because when you eat one donut, that spikes your blood sugar. When your blood sugar starts to come down and crash, you'll want another. And when your blood sugar comes down again, you'll want another. And this cycle continues until finally, come the end of the day, you'll feel terrible, physically and mentally and you'll beat yourself up over it. It's not worth it just for some junk food that will make you feel foggy.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will definitely be visualizing someone sneezing on them. :laugh: That makes me instantly not want one. Definitely don't want that sticky, foggy blood sugar spike feeling, or more exercise. :flowerforyou:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You are diabetic - the donuts could put you in a diabetic coma....
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Just break up.

:huh:
  • ARoe9410
    ARoe9410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Think about how proud of yourself you will be when you go home knowing that you resisted the temptation ALL DAY!! You can post an NSV :wink:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me.....

FOOD SERVED AT WORK IS OFF LIMITS........:noway:

Put that on a post it on your computer.

There!
  • jlchandl17
    Options
    Think of a yummy treat you can make when you get home tonight and look forward to that instead.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Just think about how guilty and crappy you will feel afterwards! And all the extra exercise you will have to do afterwards!

You can do it! Stay strong!

This^^

Think about how long it will take at the gym or where you exercise to burn those calories off. Is it really worth it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Moderation (self control)!!!! Is the key to success!! :wink:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy, but if you're diabetic, the donuts will cause problems too.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Remind me why eating the donut (donuts because I won't want to stop at one) would derail the progress I've been making.

You need better willpower.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Jeez, I wish someone in my office would bring in donuts... :grumble:
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You are diabetic - the donuts could put you in a diabetic coma....

That and I have personally licked them all! You can tell your coworkers that as well.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Today, at work, is yet another "junk food" day featuring donuts, muffins, milk, and juice. These occur every 4-7 days or so. Anyway, I can't drink the milk and I'm diabetic. I've brought my usual eggs with veg and bacon, stuck a post it on my screen with this weeks goal weight, and am visualizing large piles of sugar all over the break room table. The donuts are calling my name anyway and I could use a little extra motivation and support. Muffins have never been a major issue. Remind me why eating the donut (donuts because I won't want to stop at one) would derail the progress I've been making. I need to read it off and on today. So, be mean - by mean I mean honest. Please no personal attacks as I don't find such things helpful or necessary.

Forget about your weight for a minute. As a diabetic you have a responsibility to those you love to eat and exercise properly. Not doing so is selfish as it will reduce your life expectancy. I say this as someone from a family with several obese, sedentary diabetics who died before they should have because of their bad habits.

Achieving/maintaining a healthy weight is only one factor in properly managing diabetes. You need to do more. Speak to your M.D. but from what I know about diabetes, consuming multiple doughnuts is probably not a great idea.
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute. We are allowed to be mean? Eyes the wooden ruler on his desk.

{sound of a ruler smacking into my palm}

So, we want a donut, do we?
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    my diabetic neighbour lost her sight and both legs...she was morbidly obese and I bet she ate the donuts....

don't eat the donuts for your health and welfare...it isn't even about weight loss